The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Replacement GDT: Canucks Vs. Avalanche

DING

True fans do bitch and complain when their team does not play up to their ability, I think fans of all sports do. Do you just say after a poor effort "oh nice try, as long you guys had fun that's all that's important"? Those aren't true fans who aren't emotionally involved in the team every game.

You're just unwilling to support the team during its ups and downs. You fake fans just hedge your bets so that if they win you cheer and if they lose you've already been bitching the team out for 60 minutes trying to distance yourself from the letdown of losing. If you're only a fan of them playing well, you're not a fan.

You have to look at context as a Canucks fan. I loved the team when I was 4 (The team was in year 2 at that time). A lot of hockey fans like my Dad had Original 6 loyalties.

The toughest part of being a Canuck fan was from 1983-1989, and the Messier years. Getting schooled by Edmonton and Calgary, and when they traded Neely I stopped watching hockey for a while. Pat Quinn/Linden and Bure was the guys who brought me back when they helped build a solid team and I've been a loyal fan ever since.

Archived