The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Replacement GDT: Canucks Vs. Avalanche

DING

Geez people! Can we just stop with this "Loungo is the best Cory sucks" or "Cory is the best and Lou sucks mentality". Both are great goalies playing for the same damn team. The way the fans talk it's like both goalies are bitter rivals. Let the coach who is actually there during practices and talks to the players make the decision. There is no conspiracy to show him off or to ruin Cory's confidence or because he's arrogant. He's picking the goalie that gives us the best chance to win and going with it, as simple as that.

Luongo: 2.21GAA .917 save%

Schneider: 3.13GAA .897save%

that isn't slightly better, that's alot better. but it's only 6 games in so can't really read too much into stats and say Luongo is miles better than Schneider this year

just like last year when Schneider only started 28 games and had great stats, that doesn't make him miles better than Luongo either. If he has stats like that over a full season as the starter then maybe we can start talking about that.

Wow, you have no idea what our goalie situation is do you? It's all over the papers and media man you just gotta pay attention.

I guess you're saying that Lou is the starter now? I'm not bashing Lou so I don't know if you're bashing Cory or what you're trying to accomplish here. I did say, "if", he is the bonifed starter, but it's definitely a unique situation.

Edit: Oh yeah I saw this complete BS statement from Keith Jones too. The Kings have been sucking .. and they sucked against us. The Sharks on the other hand were the second hottest team in the league and one of our best rivals lately. Same thing with Chicago ... we beat Colorado 6 times last year ace.

Anyone else here think that Colorado is a bigger rival than Chicago?

Anyone

Anyone

Anyone

not even Bueller.

i for one am totally fine with this decision. Cory got a back to back start now its Lu turn who at the moment is out performing Schneids.

We have 2 number one goalies people! Stop complaining about who plays and when just be happy with what we got cuz its not gonna last forever. Hope Lui rocks it out there again tonight :)

I really want to see AV give this lineup a try

D.Sedin-H.Sedin-Burrows

Raymond-Schroeder-Kassian

Higgins-Lapierre-Hansen

Volpatti-Malholtra-Weiss

Edler-Bieksa

Hamhuis-Garrison

Alberts-Tanev

I like how Ballard and Tanev play together, i just would like to see Alby get his big body in there and make people think twice. And Juice with eagle is a good balance with hammer and garry. Put Burr back with Sedins since his production is getting better and Kassian can help out Mayray and schroeder, 3 guys who have shown flashes of good chemistry. Then Lappy back to the 3rd with higgy and hansen who played excellent together in the passed despite Lappys slow start. He just needs to be put with who hes most comfortable with in the right situations. Then our 4th with patti, manny, and weiss who can hit hard and play well defensively with offensive potential. This line-up IMO has a good balance and a proven centre on all 4 lines. with the top 4 d-men interchangeable based on the situation.

GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Luongo: 2.21GAA .917 save%

Schneider: 3.13GAA .897save%

that isn't slightly better, that's alot better. but it's only 6 games in so can't really read too much into stats and say Luongo is miles better than Schneider this year

just like last year when Schneider only started 28 games and had great stats, that doesn't make him miles better than Luongo either. If he has stats like that over a full season as the starter then maybe we can start talking about that.

He was good in the regular season and helped to carry us (along with the skaters), but you know I was referring to the playoffs.

And no, he was NOT the best goalie, let alone the best player, in his two games against the Kings last playoffs.

Schneider: 3 games, 1 win, 2 losses, .940 sp, and 1.31 gaa

- 4 goals against in 3 games

Luongo: 2 games, 2 losses, .891 sp, and 3.59 gaa

- 7 goals against in 2 games

Archived