The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Replacement GDT: Canucks Vs. Avalanche

DING

Its soooo obvious a showcase. Both goalies have played equally. But Luo looks good and the team wants everyone to see it to drum up interest. Cory will play Friday and he understands that letting Luo play more will help get rid of him faster. Meaning he can actually be the only number one goalie in town. Or maybe they are flipping a coin or going by who has the bigger contract. Or I know, Luo and Cory played a texas holdem tourney to see who starts and Luo kicked ass. Bottom line, the team has to play better in front of the net and it wont matter which number one is in it.

Okay, fair enough I misunderstood you. My bad.

With regards to the situation I believe there is some stock in the statement that we are playing the best goalie on any given night, because we can. However, I think given the situation Canucks managment would really like it if Cory could take the ball and roll with it, and I would think that Cory would start against Chicago if Lou doesn't play phenomenal.

To further that I don't think we are quite at best goalie plays every night yet, otherwise Lou would have played against Calgary. In a couple games if Cory hasn't taken the starting roll it truly will be up for grabs.

Okay, fair enough I misunderstood you. My bad.

With regards to the situation I believe there is some stock in the statement that we are playing the best goalie on any given night, because we can. However, I think given the situation Canucks managment would really like it if Cory could take the ball and roll with it, and I would think that Cory would start against Chicago if Lou doesn't play phenomenal.

To further that I don't think we are quite at best goalie plays every night yet, otherwise Lou would have played against Calgary. In a couple games if Cory hasn't taken the starting roll it truly will be up for grabs.

Look at the teams they've played. L.A is not a gifted offensive team and we out played the Oilers. Schneider had to play the red hot Shark and two games against Anaheim. He was also great against Calgary. Barker should be in for Edler. Edler really needs some time to think about his game.

^ This must be the reason. I didn't think Lu played well enough against the Kings to earn a second straight start. Both goals were routine stops that he should have had but that found their way through him. Besides, a reward for blowing a 2 goal lead and losing a shootout? That doesn't sound like an AV move to me. More likely he's just saving the #1 for the big game and letting Lu have the Av's to pad his stats and make him look more valuable to possible trading parteners.

I agree as a team it's in everyone's best interest if both play well and cs becomes our bonfide franchise goalie; Luongo gets increased value and we get a better return in a trade.

That being said, to me Cory hasn't proven that he can be the goalie Luongo is yet. I wish them extreme success, and I am definitely a biased Luongo fan. As it stands I have much more faith in Luongo based on his performance since 2010.

I would have prefered if we traded Cory last trade deadline but if he proves this year that he's better than Luongo I'll be content with Luongo departing. So far, Luongo hasnt lost by support and I believe he still may be the better choice for this franchise

Edit

The reason I'm saying I'm not sold on Cory is because I've watched way too much hockey and seen way too many goalies play one or two fantastic seasons and then just disappear. Roberto has proven to me he can for a decade.

Ex... Theodore... gerber... Ward.... fluery... halak... bryz... roloson... Fernandez... chechmanek cloutier even... he was fantastic before the lidstrom goal, the list goes on.

Archived