The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Replacement GDT: Canucks Vs. Avalanche

DING

I think Roberto is starting this game because they wan't to test how Cory will do against a likely playoff opponent in Chicago.

Cory is the guy going forward, Luongo has been better, and this is a "filler" game. If I were a CS fan I'd be more upset if Luongo started the hawks game on Friday.

RELAX

I really dont understand why it wouldnt be possible for the canucks to change their mind as to which goalie they might keep or trade away ? Who says that Lu MUST be traded ? the media is who .. and they dont know sh.t.. Lets win , and then worry about whos playing when ... canucks 5 col 2 . Another goal for zack !!!! Lets go Canucks !!!!!!

Yah it has nothing to do with the Vancouver/Toronoto media trying to create a story to rile up the fans who follow like sheep to whatever their favorite columnist/analyst/sportscaster tells them to think. :rolleyes: Its all AVs fault, its not like he's ever won an award for being the best at what he does or anything, he just destroys all young talent ever handed to him :lol:

Lu is being showcased for possible trades. Colorado has potential to make him look good. Leaving Cory to face the red-hot Blackhawks on Friday. Playing your back-up against weak teams so your starter is sharp and ready for to face the top team in the league is pretty standard practice.

Even on the weekend, the media tried to make so much out of Luongo playing the defending SC champs. But in reality, the Sharks were demolishing teams, and the Kings struggling, so Canucks played their starter against the better team, and deferred to the back-up for the weaker one. That's what teams do when they have back-to-backs, isn't it?

Schnides getting the privilege to rest this much early on is a huge advantage over other starters in the league. The organization may be thinking they won't have this Tandum all season and are taking advantage of it well they can. And seriously people who talk il of luongo obviously are "new" Canuck fans that didn't see how he came in and turned this franchise around. All I can say is I love this situation were in a lot more than being in the situation when we had cloutier and auld. Those boys couldn't pack either of these goalies jock straps!

Lu played the last game. Why do some of you think that Cory couldn't play in both the Avs game and the Hawks game? AV doesn't have to choose. Schneider needs to get into a rhythm.

At least there's a silver lining in that IF Lu plays well, his trade value will only go up and the process speeded up.

Archived