918 replies to this topic

#91 apollo

apollo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,795 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:39 PM

Did you say the same thing last year, goof?

Sure... Luongo has always been the best goalie on this team since he got here.

2cz94w5.jpg

The NHL is a fixed old boys club. I've come to acceptance with that and just watch for entertainment. The 2011 & 2012 Canucks are champs in my books. Go Canucks Go!

#92 Nino

Nino

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,013 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:41 PM

Canucks played much better vs. LA? we all saw the game, canucks played like crap vs LA, getting pushed around and dominated the whole game. Not saying Schnieder played bad vs Sharks.

Ok you may be right, it's not that the Canucks played better vs. LA but SJ played way better then the kings, the Canucks played about the same. The way LA played was not in the same ballpark as SJ's play now.

#93 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:41 PM

I bet the farm that was not AV's decision.Go back and see/hearwhat Gillis and AV said on the matter before hand.
AV was red in the face and could not speak coherently.
Gillis said AV made the right decision.
MG is a micro manager and AV is not making critical decisions without Mike and his buds making it for him.

To start Schnieder in game 3 and playing the rest of the games I'm sure were the coach's decision. That is his job. MG could be an influence.
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#94 Templeton Peck

Templeton Peck

Faceman

• Super Moderators
  • 6,056 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:42 PM

If you are going to create a temporary GDT (which might end up being the official one), please at a minimum put both team names in the title and add the start time and TV station.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please read the Board Rules.

#95 stexx

stexx

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:46 PM

3-2 canucks in shootout - canucks go up 2-0 AV tries to milk another lead, but kass/schroeds score in S/O

figure its a safe bet 3/6 of our games have gone this exact pattern!

#96 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 75,398 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:48 PM

6-0 Canucks

Kassian (3)
Garrison
Schroeder
Higgins

307mg00.jpg

#97 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 75,398 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:53 PM

@adater: Avalanche lines for tonight: http://t.co/Wtv5hlK9 via @denverpost

307mg00.jpg

#98 Buckeye Fruit

Buckeye Fruit

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:54 PM

Avs phone this one in and Canucks run up the score.
7-1 Canucks

Kassquatch with the Gordie Howe, SOB with the bleeding face
Dank
Hank
Garrison with the big slapper
MayRay
Dutch League Dale
Shredder

GO CANUCKS GO!!!
<p>Posted Image GO FALCONS!

#99 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,372 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:54 PM

There is no controversy to this! AV is playing who's better currently. Saving Schneids for a big game against the crap Hawks! Who cares?

I disagree. Lu played no better than Cory. Their difference was in the turn-overs in the first minutes of the SJS game by our D. If the SJS game is the reason Cory is sitting, then he is paying the price for Edler and Garrison's screw-ups. He was every bit as solid as Lu was against LA.

As for resting him for the Hawks...he will have sat on the bench for 5 days and then gets put on for the Hawks who are flying. Talk about trowing your goalie under the bus. 2 games in 5 nights woudl not be an issue for Cory.

I'm starting to think AV just likes to do what generates the most media attention so he can smirk at the reporters and say "my call". There's a reason Montreal called him "Mr. Arrogant".

#100 MrsCanuck

MrsCanuck

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,629 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:56 PM

Deserves the start after the way he played against LA.
Posted Image

#101 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:59 PM

lol @ Schneider lovers/Lu haters, if you honestly think Schneider is that weak mentally where Luongo being given the start tonight is going to mess his confidence up then he shouldn't be the starter anyways. Schneider will be fine, stop making excuses as to why Luongo shouldn't start just because your biased

Edited by Primus099, 30 January 2013 - 01:59 PM.

#102 apollo

apollo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,795 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:59 PM

I disagree. Lu played no better than Cory. Their difference was in the turn-overs in the first minutes of the SJS game by our D. If the SJS game is the reason Cory is sitting, then he is paying the price for Edler and Garrison's screw-ups. He was every bit as solid as Lu was against LA.

As for resting him for the Hawks...he will have sat on the bench for 5 days and then gets put on for the Hawks who are flying. Talk about trowing your goalie under the bus. 2 games in 5 nights woudl not be an issue for Cory.

I'm starting to think AV just likes to do what generates the most media attention so he can smirk at the reporters and say "my call". There's a reason Montreal called him "Mr. Arrogant".

Yes Luongo did play better... what are you talking about? If anything the team gave Corey a better chance to win than they gave Luongo. We hit the post what... four or five times? We had no chances vs quick compared to the sharks game. Quick had a relatively easy night

Edited by apollo, 30 January 2013 - 02:00 PM.

2cz94w5.jpg

The NHL is a fixed old boys club. I've come to acceptance with that and just watch for entertainment. The 2011 & 2012 Canucks are champs in my books. Go Canucks Go!

#103 timberz21

timberz21

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,967 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:01 PM

AV adding to the controversy and messing with Cory's confidence.

When Lu was the starter, he was given numerous bad games to work through it.

AV is handling Cory like he did  Hodgson, Linden, Naslund.

What an A$$

AVs 13th place in the West, Landeskog not palying

Hawks 1st place in the West and our biggest rivalsIf that's not a confidence boost for you what is???

Edited by timberz21, 30 January 2013 - 02:02 PM.

#104 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,927 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:01 PM

its' official now??? just now? :sadno:

This very second.
Posted Image

#105 Kulikov

Kulikov

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:02 PM

lol funny reading everyone's lame excuses/reasons for Luongo starting.

Very simply he played a solid game in LA and is playing again. Nothing else, you think he had an average game vs the Kings he starts today? No way. Just like CS had a solid game vs. the Ducks, he started the game after vs the Sharks.

Until Luongo is actually gone and off this team, CS is still not officially the sole number 1.

Get back to me friday, after Lu has a good game against a terrible Avs team and still doesn't start against the Hawks. Schneids is the number 1.

#106 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,372 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:03 PM

Yes Luongo did play better... what are you talking about? If anything the team gave Corey a better chance to win than they gave Luongo. We hit the post what... four or five times? We had no chances vs quick compared to the sharks game. Quick had a relatively easy night

Lu played well, which I already stated. He did not play better than Cory. The difference in the games was defensive errors not goaltending. SJS played a stronger game than LA.

#107 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:06 PM

Get back to me friday, after Lu has a good game against a terrible Avs team and still doesn't start against the Hawks. Schneids is the number 1.

If he was, no way the so called backup plays 2 games in a row off a shootout loss. Until he is out of here, they will not park Luongo on the bench like typical back up goalies because he is not. AV said we have 2 number 1's and they do.
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#108 kmotamed

kmotamed

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:09 PM

I think we should keep playing the whole season based on winning or performance.

#109 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,372 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:09 PM

AVs 13th place in the West, Landeskog not palying

Hawks 1st place in the West and our biggest rivalsIf that's not a confidence boost for you what is???

Sitting 5 days in a row builds confidence? and what makes you so sure AV the psychic will start Cory on Firday?

For the last 6 months everythign Gillis has said is about Cory being #1 and Lu being traded. Lu has said it himself. When asked about being the new starter, Cory has responded in a way that confirms that is his understanding. It is most likely why he chose to re-sign here instead of trying free agency as well.

He is not being handled in the same way Lu was when he was #1. I'm sure Cory sees this.

I hope there is a logical strategy in place that Cory is aware of for AV's decisions. I'm just not so sure AV has a plan and that makles it really hard on the players when they have to rely on "Coach Kreskin's" tea leaves to determine who plays and when.

#110 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:10 PM

Lu played well, which I already stated. He did not play better than Cory. The difference in the games was defensive errors not goaltending. SJS played a stronger game than LA.

Man seriously, is it that hard for you to say Luongo had a better game? How do you judge who plays better? There is no actual way but we can judge based on big tough saves made and goals allowed. Simple no argument.
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#111 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:13 PM

Sitting 5 days in a row builds confidence? and what makes you so sure AV the psychic will start Cory on Firday?

For the last 6 months everythign Gillis has said is about Cory being #1 and Lu being traded. Lu has said it himself. When asked about being the new starter, Cory has responded in a way that confirms that is his understanding. It is most likely why he chose to re-sign here instead of trying free agency as well.

He is not being handled in the same way Lu was when he was #1. I'm sure Cory sees this.

I hope there is a logical strategy in place that Cory is aware of for AV's decisions. I'm just not so sure AV has a plan and that makles it really hard on the players when they have to rely on "Coach Kreskin's" tea leaves to determine who plays and when.

I have never heard MG clearly come out and say Cory is our new number 1 and Luongo will be moved for sure. And the only thing Luongo said is if I have to waive my no trade claue I will. If Luongo demanded a trade, he would have not even been on the bench and would have really screwed the team over by not even backing up.

Luongo is not just all of a sudden nothing after being the starter for 6 years and is going to get treated like any other back up. If he was only a backup, he probably would have only started 1 game thus far. After tonight Lu will have started 3 and Cory would have started 4. Not the typical number 1 and backup goalie situation...

Edited by cmpunk, 30 January 2013 - 02:16 PM.

Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#112 kilgore

kilgore

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,794 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:15 PM

I call BS on the assumption that Lu gives us a better chance to win over Schneider. Seriously, would anyone be over worried if Schneider was in goal? They could win (or lose) with either one. So if Schneids is the heir apparent, why pick at a wound that is healing by unnecessarily stoking controversy?

Its just another "hunch" by AV. Just like his hunches with players for the shoot out. I think AV actually enjoys going against the grain just so if it works out, he can be praised as some kind of maverick. It makes no matter what that kind of haphazard behaviour causes with the dressing room chemistry. He is catering to Lu because he knows Lu is more sensitive and he needs to stroke his ego much more. But he plays a dangerous game assuming that Schneider is not being effected by this and his relationship with his coach going forward.

Either that or its an edict from above to showcase the big man.

30rw2li.jpg   ..................... Put Gino in the Ring of Honour!  .......................  2hg788l.jpg

#113 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,372 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:15 PM

Man seriously, is it that hard for you to say Luongo had a better game? How do you judge who plays better? There is no actual way but we can judge based on big tough saves made and goals allowed. Simple no argument.

Agree with bold.

As I said, in my opinion, aside from teh 2 brutal turnovers by Garrison and Edler to leading scoreres in the slot, the goalies both played well. The level of their play should not therefore be a factor in this decision. If so, why start the "backup 2 in a row and sit your "starter" for 5 days?

#114 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,452 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:16 PM

Oh look..................a Twilight thread
Hockey is the only sport, the rest are just games.

#115 MonkeyBusiness

MonkeyBusiness

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:17 PM

Why would anyone be upset with Lu starting? I say if he plays better then use him and the same in reverse. You narrow minded people need to wake up and see we need to play better and have the better situation on the ice.

For those of you that think this is hurting Cory, shake your heads and understand if he can't handle this, then he should reconsider playing in the NHL. They are pros!

This right to entitlement that people keep throwing around is dumb.
Posted Image
Sig pic by -Vintage Canuck- Thank You!!!!

Love the Canucks!

Keep Loungo in Vancouver :towel:
http://www.ipetition...o-in-vancouver/

#116 CrippledCanuck

CrippledCanuck

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:18 PM

Well I'm rooting for SOB to get a hat-trick tonight then.

According to Denver post twitter your going to be disappointed because sob is a healthy scratch. The reason given was they were going with the best lineup they can for the best chance to win.

#117 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:19 PM

Agree with bold.

As I said, in my opinion, aside from teh 2 brutal turnovers by Garrison and Edler to leading scoreres in the slot, the goalies both played well. The level of their play should not therefore be a factor in this decision. If so, why start the "backup 2 in a row and sit your "starter" for 5 days?

So clearly Luongo is not just the official back up and Schnieder is not the official number 1 yet. AV said himself "would you not say I have 2 number 1's?
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#118 timberz21

timberz21

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,967 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:22 PM

Schneider is used to sitting 5 days and coming to play a important game. He's done it for the past 2-3 yearsAnd we not in the same position as say Price & Budaj, Niemi & Greiss, Miller & Enroth, where they have to shield their 2nd goalie to win and they put them in just to give them a break. We have two #1 goalie, so we don't throw in Luongo just because we are scared Schneider is getting exhausted, we throw him in because we know he's as good as Schneider and we have an equal chance to win. On the long wrong it only helps schneider specially in the playoff when they will be compacted schedule. Schneider understands it. He's smart, he's not a crazy, bypolar, bangwagonner like CDC.Plus, like it or not Luongo has to be showcase if we want to trade him.

#119 KillerOrca

KillerOrca

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:23 PM

1-0 Canucks
Posted Image

#120 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:23 PM

You do realize that there is a difference between a team trying to catch up and a team playing with a lead? Especially when the latter is dead tired from 4 games in 6 nights?

Of course, I shouldn't expect much from a guy who actually believes Luongo was a better goalie than Schneider last season.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.