The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Replacement GDT: Canucks Vs. Avalanche

DING

lol @ Schneider lovers/Lu haters, if you honestly think Schneider is that weak mentally where Luongo being given the start tonight is going to mess his confidence up then he shouldn't be the starter anyways. Schneider will be fine, stop making excuses as to why Luongo shouldn't start just because your biased

I disagree. Lu played no better than Cory. Their difference was in the turn-overs in the first minutes of the SJS game by our D. If the SJS game is the reason Cory is sitting, then he is paying the price for Edler and Garrison's screw-ups. He was every bit as solid as Lu was against LA.

As for resting him for the Hawks...he will have sat on the bench for 5 days and then gets put on for the Hawks who are flying. Talk about trowing your goalie under the bus. 2 games in 5 nights woudl not be an issue for Cory.

I'm starting to think AV just likes to do what generates the most media attention so he can smirk at the reporters and say "my call". There's a reason Montreal called him "Mr. Arrogant".

lol funny reading everyone's lame excuses/reasons for Luongo starting.

Very simply he played a solid game in LA and is playing again. Nothing else, you think he had an average game vs the Kings he starts today? No way. Just like CS had a solid game vs. the Ducks, he started the game after vs the Sharks.

Until Luongo is actually gone and off this team, CS is still not officially the sole number 1.

Yes Luongo did play better... what are you talking about? If anything the team gave Corey a better chance to win than they gave Luongo. We hit the post what... four or five times? We had no chances vs quick compared to the sharks game. Quick had a relatively easy night

Sitting 5 days in a row builds confidence? and what makes you so sure AV the psychic will start Cory on Firday?

For the last 6 months everythign Gillis has said is about Cory being #1 and Lu being traded. Lu has said it himself. When asked about being the new starter, Cory has responded in a way that confirms that is his understanding. It is most likely why he chose to re-sign here instead of trying free agency as well.

He is not being handled in the same way Lu was when he was #1. I'm sure Cory sees this.

I hope there is a logical strategy in place that Cory is aware of for AV's decisions. I'm just not so sure AV has a plan and that makles it really hard on the players when they have to rely on "Coach Kreskin's" tea leaves to determine who plays and when.

I call BS on the assumption that Lu gives us a better chance to win over Schneider. Seriously, would anyone be over worried if Schneider was in goal? They could win (or lose) with either one. So if Schneids is the heir apparent, why pick at a wound that is healing by unnecessarily stoking controversy?

Its just another "hunch" by AV. Just like his hunches with players for the shoot out. I think AV actually enjoys going against the grain just so if it works out, he can be praised as some kind of maverick. It makes no matter what that kind of haphazard behaviour causes with the dressing room chemistry. He is catering to Lu because he knows Lu is more sensitive and he needs to stroke his ego much more. But he plays a dangerous game assuming that Schneider is not being effected by this and his relationship with his coach going forward.

Either that or its an edict from above to showcase the big man.

Why would anyone be upset with Lu starting? I say if he plays better then use him and the same in reverse. You narrow minded people need to wake up and see we need to play better and have the better situation on the ice.

For those of you that think this is hurting Cory, shake your heads and understand if he can't handle this, then he should reconsider playing in the NHL. They are pros!

This right to entitlement that people keep throwing around is dumb.

Agree with bold.

As I said, in my opinion, aside from teh 2 brutal turnovers by Garrison and Edler to leading scoreres in the slot, the goalies both played well. The level of their play should not therefore be a factor in this decision. If so, why start the "backup 2 in a row and sit your "starter" for 5 days?

Sitting 5 days in a row builds confidence? and what makes you so sure AV the psychic will start Cory on Firday?

For the last 6 months everythign Gillis has said is about Cory being #1 and Lu being traded. Lu has said it himself. When asked about being the new starter, Cory has responded in a way that confirms that is his understanding. It is most likely why he chose to re-sign here instead of trying free agency as well.

He is not being handled in the same way Lu was when he was #1. I'm sure Cory sees this.

I hope there is a logical strategy in place that Cory is aware of for AV's decisions. I'm just not so sure AV has a plan and that makles it really hard on the players when they have to rely on "Coach Kreskin's" tea leaves to determine who plays and when.

Yes Luongo did play better... what are you talking about? If anything the team gave Corey a better chance to win than they gave Luongo. We hit the post what... four or five times? We had no chances vs quick compared to the sharks game. Quick had a relatively easy night

Archived