The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Replacement GDT: Canucks Vs. Avalanche

DING

So you make the best of a not even bad situation?...you get the luxury of going with the hot hand. In the case that either one can't take the pressure of that? - well, that's a sign in itsef. It's the big boys club and there is no place for ruffled feathers or pouting in the heart of champions. You prove you deserve the spot - a little family competition never hurt anything and it'll make sure no one's coasting. That's my two cents. Go Lu. And Schneids.

And, as above, I'm pretty sure Schneids'll be slated for Chicago. So it's all good.

Luongo does not need to be showcased after 10 years of being a solid goalie. Fans actually think Gm's don't know what Luongo is all about. He is only been the starter for one of the NHL's biggest markets, but I'm sure gm's haven't noticed or seen him.

Get freakin real. He is simply starting because of playing a solid game in LA. Say anything else that helps you justify this rather simple and clear reasoning. And people saying its because Schneider is being saved for the Hawks think again. His numbers against the Avs are steller and his numbers against the Hawks are worse than Luongo's.

CS is 3-2 vs the Hawks and a GAA above 4.00....

Schneider was not a $4 million player at that point in time. Switching starters in the playoffs had potential long-term consequences (we are seeing them right now). Those consequence are largely Gillis' responsibility not Vigneault's. I'm not saying the decision was dictated by Gillis, but not at least talking to the GM beforehand would be very unprofessional for any coach.

People reading into this goalie thing are making me laugh.

1. Either goalie would be a reasonable choice.

2. If Schnieder is the bonifide starter it is quite reasonable that they are giving him the Chicago game.

3. Playing Lou against the weaker competition could pad his stats and lead to "the" trade we are all waiting for. If he wins the next 5 in a row GM's will start calling.

Lou played great the other night, too bad he had to get scored on in the last minute. Wasn't really his fault. I don't think he even saw it.

And yeah, Lou is playing slightly better but not by much for all the Lou'vers out there. Cory has been very decent in the past 2. The Sharks wasn't his fault by any stretch.

People reading into this goalie thing are making me laugh.

1. Either goalie would be a reasonable choice.

2. If Schnieder is the bonifide starter it is quite reasonable that they are giving him the Chicago game.

3. Playing Lou against the weaker competition could pad his stats and lead to "the" trade we are all waiting for. If he wins the next 5 in a row GM's will start calling.

Lou played great the other night, too bad he had to get scored on in the last minute. Wasn't really his fault. I don't think he even saw it.

And yeah, Lou is playing slightly better but not by much for all the Lou'vers out there. Cory has been very decent in the past 2. The Sharks wasn't his fault by any stretch.

Archived