The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who will start Friday vs Chicago?

The Magician

Who will start vs the Hawks Friday?  

160 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If you mean the game of being a pompous idiot, then yes, you play it quite well.

The Canucks and the D played way better in front of Luongo, and Schnieder had to face 13 shots short handed, Luongo only had to 3 shots short handed against LA.

In fact Schnieder faced more shots short handed in the SJ (13) game than Luongo has faced in all of his starts combined (11).

Any other questions?

Except that Luongo asked for a trade. Said he'd waive his no trade and that he wants a new start.

If that's not passing the number one job up here I don't know what is.

No one from the Canucks has officially stated who the number goalie is for this season.

The only comment we have is from AV "I have 2 capable starting goalies".

Yes, if I had to say which one is number 1 and which one is number 2, I would have to say the Schneider is number 1.

Remember, there's no rule stating a number 1 must play 95% of your games (like the Flamez - and how many playoffs have they been to with that goalie management since the lockout?).

There's no doubt in my mind that Schneider is starting against the Hawks for the following reasons:

1. You can't sit your "number 1" goalie for 3 games in a row.

2. Last year you put Schneider in against Boston/Chicago because you wanted to see how he would do in big games (aka Luongo doesn't play well against them), so what's changed.

3. Schneider won most of the games against these teams last year.

4. See # 2 (Luongo doesn't play well against them).

5. Luongo's playing well, don't make him face his demons and get in a funk.

6. If you are really trying to trade Luongo, don't even chance having him make himself look bad and lowering his trade value.

It's a no brainer in my opinion. If you buy into the b.s. that they are going to play the hot hand, you have to play Luongo (he just got a shutout for heavens sake!), but because its just b.s., Schneider gets the start.

I had a crazy idea guys, but bear with me.

What if Luongo gets traded tomorrow to Chicago and plays AGAINST the Canucks on Friday? :shock:

I thought for sure Schneider would get the start against Colorado, instead Lou gets the call.

Maybe the Canucks management wanted the fans to see the very accomplished goalie at home one last time.

Maybe Lou already knows it's going to happen....

Just a crazy idea, but that's how things go sometimes.

Archived