The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who will start Friday vs Chicago?

The Magician

Who will start vs the Hawks Friday?  

160 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Luongo is one of the best goalies in the league right now in terms of GAA and Save % - top 5 in both categories. Meanwhile Schneider is one of the worst.

You should never sit a hot goalie coming off a shutout. Luongo for the start, no questions asked. He's fresher, he's playing better and he's our best. Schneider isn't close to overthrowing this guy just yet.

If Schneider starts then Lu is getting no opportunity at all to reclaim his #1 spot. This is his big opportunity, if he plays well against Chicago then lookout Schneider...

I would expect to see Cory in next game.

Until a Canuck goalie gets traded, I think we need to try to get away from assigning '#1' status to one or the other. Besides the obvious injury insurance, there are advantages to having this kind of tandem. I wouldn't mind seeing the team run with it for this shortened season, just to see if the benefits can be exploited.

This might sound really stupid (and it may just be), but, come Playoff time, I would seriously consider giving Lu all the home games and Cory all the road games.

I would expect to see Cory in next game.

Until a Canuck goalie gets traded, I think we need to try to get away from assigning '#1' status to one or the other. Besides the obvious injury insurance, there are advantages to having this kind of tandem. I wouldn't mind seeing the team run with it for this shortened season, just to see if the benefits can be exploited.

This might sound really stupid (and it may just be), but, come Playoff time, I would seriously consider giving Lu all the home games and Cory all the road games.

Should be Luongo. I think AV should do what Aaron Ward said on Tuesday night against the Kings(and what I've been saying to people too). Whether they get 5 wins in a row or 10 wins in a row, rotate the goalies at each loss. As an obvious Lou Lover, I was shocked when I saw Luongo was getting the start tonight against the Avs. He did play a solid game against the Kings, yes, but I thought for sure they would go with Cory tonight, especially considering it was a back-to-back.

Though, now that Luongo got the shutout against the Avs and the win, he should get the start on Friday. If we get the win with him on Friday, then he should get the next start, but right when he gets a loss, put in Schneider for the next game and do the same with him., then once the playoffs come by just start the goalie who had the best stats in the season from the "What have you done for me lately" strat.

AV has always gone with the original plan when it comes to who starts. Plan was luongo for the avs and Schneider for the hawks. What I would like to see is what happend in the Chi/Min game last night. Harding let in 2 questionable goals in the first and bam, pulled. Backstrom goes in and they end up winning the game. AV always seems to switch goals 1, 2, or even 3 goals too late.

Should be Luongo. I think AV should do what Aaron Ward said on Tuesday night against the Kings(and what I've been saying to people too). Whether they get 5 wins in a row or 10 wins in a row, rotate the goalies at each loss. As an obvious Lou Lover, I was shocked when I saw Luongo was getting the start tonight against the Avs. He did play a solid game against the Kings, yes, but I thought for sure they would go with Cory tonight, especially considering it was a back-to-back.

Though, now that Luongo got the shutout against the Avs and the win, he should get the start on Friday. If we get the win with him on Friday, then he should get the next start, but right when he gets a loss, put in Schneider for the next game and do the same with him., then once the playoffs come by just start the goalie who had the best stats in the season from the "What have you done for me lately" strat.

This is all true but keep in mind that Luongo has been one of the top 5 goalies in the league for quite awhile. But he has also been on the market for 8 months with nobody making any real serious offers. It comes down to his contract. Its not too bad of a contract if he looks like he has the last couple of games. But if he looks average or slightly above then its not a cap hit worth taking on. We all know how good Luo is but it doesnt hurt showing that he still has what it takes to be dominant. It doesnt hurt to pump his tires in order to get GMs out there to stop kicking the tires.

Lou pitches a shutout tonight and gets the start Friday in the biggest game of the year. Schnieder then tells Gillis he wants out but Lou interjects and says "nu-uuh, I wanted out first so you have to suck it up cupcake, I'm outa here." Schneider's agent has clandestine meeting with Peter Chiarelli professing his client would like to 'come home'. Chiarelli calls Gillis and offers Rask and Marchand for Schneider and Raymond (because Boychuck needs a room mate on the road). The 'new look' Canucks go on to the SCF against the Bruins and lose it in a route in game 7. Fans riot but this time the riot squad makes short work of it with water cannons and a couple, who've decided to show their affection in the middle of Robson street, drown in the excess water. No significant damage to local businesses reported.

True story.

Luongo is one of the best goalies in the league right now in terms of GAA and Save % - top 5 in both categories. Meanwhile Schneider is one of the worst.

You should never sit a hot goalie coming off a shutout. Luongo for the start, no questions asked. He's fresher, he's playing better and he's our best. Schneider isn't close to overthrowing this guy just yet.

If Schneider starts then Lu is getting no opportunity at all to reclaim his #1 spot. This is his big opportunity, if he plays well against Chicago then lookout Schneider...

Archived