The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who will start Friday vs Chicago?

The Magician

Who will start vs the Hawks Friday?  

160 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Luongo played 2 games in a row when there wasn't a back-to-back situation where he needed to keep Schneider fresh (people aren't grasping this). Plays great against the Champs, pitches a shutout the next game.

I don't see how he isn't starting against Chicago.

Remember when Schneider went on a tear when Lu was injured last season and they kept riding the Schneid (even once he Roberto was healthy) before giving Lu a game? Might happen in reverse now.

Yeah...which games were you watching?

Tell me again how many goals did Schneider let in oh...the first game ?

Right, I remember, 5 on 14 shots.

If Luongo did that you would be screaming at the top of your lungs.

Did you see the Canucks D play bakers? So many turnovers that LA game it was brutal.

Oh, another question I forgot to ask, your first statement is a personal attack isn't it?

Luongo has done that on numerous occasions. Again it was the first game of the season, and AGAIN, he has played exceptionally well since. You seem to have a problem wit comprehension. Luongo let in 2 goals on just 12 shots in relief, how masterful.

I watched Cory post a .944 against Calgary the following game and then a shutout in Anahiems home opener. What games did you watch again?

The Canucks may have had more turnovers in the LA game, but a majority of them were LAs end, and none of them were even remotely as bad as Edlers and Garrisons. And again you ignore the fact that Schnieder had to endure 13 short handed shots against in 1 game.

Take my first statement however you want, it doesnt make it any less truthful.

Luongo is one of the best goalies in the league right now in terms of GAA and Save % - top 5 in both categories. Meanwhile Schneider is one of the worst.

You should never sit a hot goalie coming off a shutout. Luongo for the start, no questions asked. He's fresher, he's playing better and he's our best. Schneider isn't close to overthrowing this guy just yet.

If Schneider starts then Lu is getting no opportunity at all to reclaim his #1 spot. This is his big opportunity, if he plays well against Chicago then lookout Schneider...

Schneider gets the start imo. It's not a case of what have you done for me in the last 48 hours - if there is going to be a goalie moved, it will be Luongo, and our guy will be Schneider - I highly doubt he'll be sitting around for long periods of time this season whether Luongo is hot or not. There is always the possibility that Luo could be moved at any time. My guess is that AV gave Luongo the Avs and that Cory will get the big game. At the very least, AV will keep him sharp and well aware that it's his load to carry forward - otherwise I'd be under the impression that the Canucks have made a decision not to move Luongo this season, which I don't think is written in stone.

I hope Lou gets the start, he's definitely earned it. Unwritten rule, you post a shut-out you get the next start right?

Here's his standing ovation from last night's performance, it was great to see the crowd appreciate his efforts last night, felt electric.

voting Luongo just coz he played great and had a shutout tonight.. otherwise there's no point of Luongo even trying if regardless of what he does he's going to get benched the following game or get benched for all the big game.. seriously if you were playing any sports and you get benched the next game after coming off a great performance... i'm sure you will lose the motivation to even try... backup usually plays great if they sense they have an opportunity to become the number 1... if regardless of what you do there's no way in hell you'll be the number one.. why even bother or try?? it's gotten to the points where CDC wants Schneider to start every possible game just to run Luongo out of town regardless of how well he plays and how avg Schneider is this season =\ i love both goalie and either one gives us a great chance to win. but i'd ride the hot goalie until he falters.

seriously what's the point of rotating the goalie when one is playing great and the other is playing good? you sit the one that's playing great to cool him down? while playing the one that's playing good and hopefully he does better? so what happens if the one that plays well gets burned.. and the one that's playing great is cooled down coz you decided to sit him while he's hot?

Once again the whole hockey nation is over reacting. If you did not know the whole story you would think Luo had the best performance by a goalie ever witness. In truth Luo has been solid and Cory ,as a result of horrible team play, looked terrible in his first game and solid in his other starts.

So to sum it up; Cory has had one bad game and Luo has not. The team has had one good game and the other 6 have been interesting. even with the shutout against the Ducks the team looked terrible. Looking at the stats Cory's numbers are really bad and Luo's are outstanding, but take away the embarrassing team play of game one(including Cory) and breakdown the game to game play of both goalies you have similar stats.

Compare the stats without the first game where both goalies' stats took a beating.

Cory:

VS CGY GA 2 SV% .944 got the win

VS ANA GA 0 SV% 1.00 I feel Cory had to work harder than Luo in this shutout

VS SJS GA 4 SV% .852 lost against a very hot team scoring against all.

So overall Cory has got the team 4 points and looked good.

Lou:

VS EDM GA 2 SV% .938 lost in overtime but gained 1 point

VS LAK GA 2 SV% .929 ( note: people over hype this start because it was the stanley cup champions but they have started the season as one of the worst teams in the NHL) again lost in overtime and gained a point.

VS COL GA 0 SV% 1.00 Good shutout, but nothing oustanding against a team without a top line. I also feel the team for the first time showed a solid performance through the whole game. Now this could be because Col was without their first line.

So overall Luo has got the team 4 points and looked good.

It really does not matter who starts on friday it does not change the direction the team is going in goal in the future.

Lou pitches a shutout tonight and gets the start Friday in the biggest game of the year. Schnieder then tells Gillis he wants out but Lou interjects and says "nu-uuh, I wanted out first so you have to suck it up cupcake, I'm outa here." Schneider's agent has clandestine meeting with Peter Chiarelli professing his client would like to 'come home'. Chiarelli calls Gillis and offers Rask and Marchand for Schneider and Raymond (because Boychuck needs a room mate on the road). The 'new look' Canucks go on to the SCF against the Bruins and lose it in a route in game 7. Fans riot but this time the riot squad makes short work of it with water cannons and a couple, who've decided to show their affection in the middle of Robson street, drown in the excess water. No significant damage to local businesses reported.

True story.

Alright well I was wrong, thought for sure Schneids would get the start.

It's weird I really wanted Cory to be the starter this year and wanted Lu gone asap, but with how well he's handled everything and how he's been playing I really don't want him to go anymore.

If he plays lights out against the Hawks tomorrow, I could definitely see Schneider getting moved now.

Sh!ts wack.

Luongo played 2 games in a row when there wasn't a back-to-back situation where he needed to keep Schneider fresh (people aren't grasping this). Plays great against the Champs, pitches a shutout the next game.

I don't see how he isn't starting against Chicago.

Remember when Schneider went on a tear when Lu was injured last season and they kept riding the Schneid (even once he Roberto was healthy) before giving Lu a game? Might happen in reverse now.

Archived