The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Loktionov asks Kings for a trade, Bernier ok for now

elvis15

I'd do Tanev for Loktionov in a heartbeat, maybe some picks to even it up. We have great defensive depth, we need depth at center desperately.

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Burrows - Kesler - Booth

Hansen - Loktionov - Raymond

Higgins - Lapierre - Malhotra

Amazing depth at forward and center is what Cup winners have - quality on defence is more important than depth on defence.

As others have said, why would you do that? Trade one of the D-man who has played in every game for us so far for a guy who might be 5th or 6th on our depth chart at center once everyone's healthy but wants to play NHL minutes?

We're doing fine with Schroeder and Kesler will be healthy in a few weeks, plus we have Burrows filling in and Lappy and Manny as further cover. I'd try him over Ebbett, sure, but we have plenty of forwards and my first inclination would not be to trade a D for him even if that's what the Kings want.

My quip at the end of the OP was about people probably jumping to suggest Ballard (or as Smashian nicely pointed out, Barker) for him, since we may have to move Ballard's cap hit for next year anyway. I wouldn't move one of our very affordable, young, up and coming D though, and I was only half kidding about moving Ballard as well.

Got to meet this kid when he was a rookie in windsor. He is my alltime favorite spit. As much as I would like Vancouver to make an offer he's just not a good fit . He's creative smart has extremely soft hands and superb passing abilities. On the other hand he is small slow and as soft as a bunny. I'm a small guy myself and when I shook his hand I got the sudden urge to push him over and mug him.

Got to meet this kid when he was a rookie in windsor. He is my alltime favorite spit. As much as I would like Vancouver to make an offer he's just not a good fit . He's creative smart has extremely soft hands and superb passing abilities. On the other hand he is small slow and as soft as a bunny. I'm a small guy myself and when I shook his hand I got the sudden urge to push him over and mug him.

Kings will likely use him as trade fodder to either replace an injury, or load up with a rental for their next playoff run.

Example? Calgary is out of the playoff run, so they trade Anton Babchuk (impending UFA) to LA for Loktionov.

I'd do Tanev for Loktionov in a heartbeat, maybe some picks to even it up. We have great defensive depth, we need depth at center desperately.

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Burrows - Kesler - Booth

Hansen - Loktionov - Raymond

Higgins - Lapierre - Malhotra

Amazing depth at forward and center is what Cup winners have - quality on defence is more important than depth on defence.

Archived