The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) LUONGO Options. To solidify our team needs.

Which Trade would you do?

Option 1. To Vancouver: Briere and Couturier.

To Philadelphia: Luongo, Booth, 2nd 2013.

OR

Option 2. To Vancouver: Sam Gagner,Magnus Paajarvi,Corey Potter,

To Edmonton: Roberto Luongo and 1st 2014.

OR

Option 3. To Vancouver: Marcus Johannsen, John Carlson

To Washington: Roberto Luongo, Keith Ballard.

OR

Option 4. To Vancouver: Vergsteeg, Bjugstad.

To Florida: Luongo, Hansen, 2nd 2014.

Or make up your own. Just throwing some options out there but right now Luongo is playing better than Schneider.

Thanks.

One thing about these Lu trade proposals, I wouldn't count out trading Schneider for similar packages. Lu played really well tonight and either goalie can end up staying, plus it looks like when they're in form Lu and Schneider may very well end up putting up similar numbers (not a bad problem to have when those numbers are strong :P, though again it's tough to decide who goes since as of now there's no definite answer IMO).

As for the trades I'd be for the 3rd or 1st. Briere's pricey but he should still have some clutch scoring left in him yet (plus he can play wing on the 2nd line) while Couturier would give this team insane depth up the middle.

Burrows - Kesler - Briere, Higgins - Couturier - Hansen would be sick, though it doesn't really justify Schroeder and Raymond getting bumped just because the team is so stacked when their play has been solid.

The third also makes sense, though one of the Top 6 guys would probably end up getting moved to fit Alzner.

Johansson - Kesler - Burrows, Raymond - Schroeder - Booth, Higgins - Lapierre - Hansen

Again, potentially ridiculous amounts of scoring and D depth when Kes and Booth come back! :D

No to moving Hansen (unless a monster Power forward is coming back ala Clowe, Lucic types but that is not in the cards.) The fourth option in my opinion is the best one but I would rather see Raymond or Schroeder or even both going instead of Hansen. Raymond and Schroeder become redundant after getting Versteeg and Bjugstad whereas Hansen's departure would leave a void.

I see your logic in the trade proposals but I see a major problem with each one (depending on how the GM is thinking)

Option #1 - Bryzgalov has a 9.24 S% so far this year. They would much rather see if he can rebound from one bad year than have to buy him out at a huge price.

Option #2 - This trade doesn't really help us when Kesler returns. Gagner isn't really a third line center and may be able to play with wing with Kesler and Booth but it doesn't exactly make sense.

Option #3 - I'd love to see this happen, especially cause I'm a big fan of Alzner but realistically Washington has two young goalies and it makes sense to ride the hot hand and have Holtby for the next ten years instead of Lou.

Option #4 - Obviously Florida is a possible place for Lou and Versteeg would be a solid playoff type addition for us, but Florida really liked their chemistry last year and he was a core part of their team. Not sure if they'll do it. This is the most likely of options.

Which Trade would you do?

Option 1. To Vancouver: Briere and Couturier.

To Philadelphia: Luongo, Booth, 2nd 2013.

OR

Option 2. To Vancouver: Sam Gagner,Magnus Paajarvi,Corey Potter,Eric Belanger

To Edmonton: Roberto Luongo and 1st 2013, Andrew Ebbett.

OR

Option 3. To Vancouver: Marcus Johannsen, Karl Alzner

To Washington: Roberto Luongo, Alberts.

OR

Option 4. To Vancouver: Vergsteeg, Bjugstad.

To Florida: Luongo, Hansen, 2nd 2014.

Or make up your own. Just throwing some options out there but right now Luongo is playing better than Schneider.

Thanks.

I see your logic in the trade proposals but I see a major problem with each one (depending on how the GM is thinking)

Option #1 - Bryzgalov has a 9.24 S% so far this year. They would much rather see if he can rebound from one bad year than have to buy him out at a huge price.

Option #2 - This trade doesn't really help us when Kesler returns. Gagner isn't really a third line center and may be able to play with wing with Kesler and Booth but it doesn't exactly make sense.

Option #3 - I'd love to see this happen, especially cause I'm a big fan of Alzner but realistically Washington has two young goalies and it makes sense to ride the hot hand and have Holtby for the next ten years instead of Lou.

Option #4 - Obviously Florida is a possible place for Lou and Versteeg would be a solid playoff type addition for us, but Florida really liked their chemistry last year and he was a core part of their team. Not sure if they'll do it. This is the most likely of options.

Archived