The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PGT Canucks vs Avs 3-0!

Crimson-JH

Great game by the team ... Good to see Lu playing well if it keeps up he won't leave till next year,one last shot at the cup...in the games Lu has played his looked alot better then Cory so far this year,I don't think Lu will get the start against the hawks so Cory better have his best game or I have a feeling we will see a lot more of Lu the rest of the way

Nice break from the heavy hitters the Nucks have been up against lately. Great to see a little bit of swagger for our boys. The rust is starting to fade. Lu did his usual regular season magic. Chicago will tell the story of how much they have improved.

Colorado isn't exactly a great team right now, it's nice the Luongo got the SO, but he didn't even get to the 30 save mark.

Luongo has never been a problem for the Canucks....until the playoffs start.

this guy

put Luongo against Colorado, a team without a legitimate top line

put Luongo against LA, a team that can't score AT ALL

and compare his numbers to Schneider after he faces the most offensively potent, and hottest team in the league, while the Canucks in front of him didn't even attempt to play the game

Schneider > Luongo

all day

I've never understood the mentality where if you prefer one goaltender over the other then that means you must HATE the other goalie. We have two of the top goalies in the league. We should be grateful for both.

But this situation cannot last. Players are used to systems, schedules, and knowing their position on the team. Fact is, this is great for Lu's trade value, but it would be ludicrous now to either keep both goalies, when we desparately need help in other positons, or to trade Cory and keep Luongo. Cory is 10 years younger, is a million or more cheaper, and has outperformed Lu in the last 2 years in the regular season and playoffs. And he will only get better as Lu declines. And that's without even mentioning how nervous the club (and me!) would be with Lu going into the playoffs. He has had more than his fair share of chances to master the mental demons that show up every year.

I'm happy for Lu, but Canucks have got to stick with the plan.

I would have been shocked if we lost this game.

Lou played well, good job on SO.

Good job to the D, other than that 1 huge mistake on the PP.

Happy Garry got his first goal.

Same with Lappie.

Keep up the good work Kassian.

Hopefully the team can build off this win.

Good test against The Blackhawks this Friday.

Schneids is up.

Archived