The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PGT Canucks vs Avs 3-0!

Crimson-JH

I was at the game, some thoughts;

yes luongo got a shutout, that's great, but he didn't have to make too many key saves. Those saying we should keep luongo should remember Gillis' plan with Hodgson (slanted offensive oppertunities = better stats = better trade value) what would look better to a prospective team wanting to trade for Luongo, than for a high sv% and a shutout? Not much. And ertainly better chance of stat padding against a depleted Avalanche roster than against an unbeaten Blackhawks team.

Kassian looks to be the Sedins new soulmate. Makes good plays, and knows when to make better non-plays cycling (couldnt count how many times he got position against an Aves player behind the net so the puck could go from Sedin to Sedin) and hey, scoring in the dirty areas can't hurt either

Garrison played solid. Hell, he almost scored 20 seconds after he got his first, glad to have him on the nucks.

Scroeder(sp) played pretty good. I remember seeing that Burrows had an unusually low ice time, and that's because S-man's line played well enough to take that ice time away. Other than a brainfart or two, looked really solid and made lots of scoring chances happen

and finally, DJ Dave HAS to go. His overall music selection wasn't as bad as usual, but I just cannot forgive him for mixing an ACDC instrument track with Queen's vocal track. I can assure you everyone wondered wtf was going on. It was terrible. Unprofessional for a hockey game.

Great game, but was there really any doubt? The Avs were already a weak team. Take away their top line and there's not a whole lot left. A 4-2 win should have been expected, but the Canucks played well enough to make it a beauty 3-0 shutout. I hope they can take some energy from this into the game against Chicago.

Really happy for Lu.

and finally, DJ Dave HAS to go. His overall music selection wasn't as bad as usual, but I just cannot forgive him for mixing an ACDC instrument track with Queen's vocal track. I can assure you everyone wondered wtf was going on. It was terrible. Unprofessional for a hockey game.

Archived