151 replies to this topic

#61 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,897 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:08 PM

I've been wrong every single time. I'm positive it'll be Schneids....Lu & Chicago don't get along. I'm batting 0/7 so far.

Posted Image

#62 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,897 posts

I've been wrong every single time. I'm positive it'll be Schneids....Lu & Chicago don't get along. I'm batting 0/7 so far.

Posted Image

#63 grandmaster

grandmaster

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,635 posts

doesn't matter who starts in net next game as long as the team in front plays like that every night are goalie situation will be the least of our worries

this is probably the first time the entire defense had a solid night a couple bad pinches and giveaways but not a ton of scoring chances

Hamius for some reason was surprisingly the worst for coughing up the puck tonight

Favorite all time Canuck: Bertuzzi 2002-2003 season
Most clutch all time Canuck: Linden 1994 Stanley Cup Playoffs
Most exciting all time Canuck: Pavel Bure 90's

#64 Silfverberg Snipes

Silfverberg Snipes

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,641 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:09 PM

I'd just like to point out that the Avalanche are TERRIBLE. Especially without Landeskog. I'd be getting your bums ready for Chicago. Cause it's gonna hurt like a bitch when that game is through.

Sig too big. 

#65 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:11 PM

Lu's numbers vs Chicago are better than Schneider's...Lu got us past chicago 2011 playoffs. Apart from the first 2 playoff series back a few years, Luongo has been solid against the Hawks.
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#66 Soren5556

Soren5556

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Kassian tied for second in NHL goal scoring :bigblush: Codywho? Lu was great tonight and I wouldn't be surprised to see him start against chicago but at the same time I could see schenider start but either way once our team finds some consistency and kesler and booth come back we'll be unstoppable.

#67 Wedge-tailed Eagle

Wedge-tailed Eagle

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

POPULAR

this guy

put Luongo against Colorado, a team without a legitimate top line
put Luongo against LA, a team that can't score AT ALL

and compare his numbers to Schneider after he faces the most offensively potent, and hottest team in the league, while the Canucks in front of him didn't even attempt to play the game

Schneider > Luongo
all day

Just because the two teams seem to be offensively challenged does not mean they do not get grade A scoring chances. Luongo made a plethora of amazing saves on those grade A scoring chances against those two teams.
Posted Image

Credit to -Vintage Canuck- for awesome sig

#68 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,505 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:13 PM

Much better performance all around though, once again, they were slow to get their legs going and could have been down early. The knob saved the day.

Lu had a strong game and earned the shutout. Too bad there is so much attention on the goalie situation here but something eventually has to give. It would be great to keep both but they both deserve to be starters.

Loved Volpatti's game today. The kid knows his role. I think I saw him have 3 hits on one shift and he is good enough with the puck to be a threat. The whole 4th line looked good and happy to see Manny show some of his old self.

Mason and Schroeder definitely have some chemistry to go with their speed. Getting chances and finding eachother will start to lead to goals. If they had a more gifted winger, that line would be very effective. Saw Mason take a number of hits to make the play tonight. Good for him.! That's not easy when you're built like he is and coming off a broken back.

D looking better though we are still giving too much time and space in our D zone.

#69 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,505 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:14 PM

Hamius for some reason was surprisingly the worst for coughing up the puck tonight

HE was but on the SH breakaway, I blame Edler for jsut standing on the blue line watching when Hamhuis didn't have control of the puck. He should have backed off and covered. AV did not look happy!!

#70 RunningWild

RunningWild

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,197 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:16 PM

POPULAR

Jason Botchford@botchford

Luongo to cox: "are you here scouting for the leafs?"

:towel:
OH SNAP!!! It appears I didn't need to send in a pack of thugs to take care of him, Lu did it for us! woo hoo!

Tony Gallagher@tg_gman

"It's January," said Luongo when asked about his traditional slow start. "I wasn't very good in practice in October."

Posted Image

Edited by RunningWild, 30 January 2013 - 11:27 PM.

#71 *vInTaGe*

*vInTaGe*

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,408 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:16 PM

Nice win!

I'm just loving Kassian out there. And congrats to Luu on the shutout!

Posted Image

#72 Tell Kelly I said hi

Tell Kelly I said hi

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:18 PM

Put Kassian in net. He can do it all!
Posted Image

#73 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,223 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:19 PM

POPULAR

The only reason Schneider was dubbed our starter was because he had 3 good games in the playoffs and Luongo had 2. Sorry but that's not reason to overthrow one of the league's best goalies.

Luongo is back and deserves his starting job again. Schneider has been brutal so far, Luongo has been spectacular and AV is going with whoever gives his team the best chance to win, which is Luongo. He better not sit a red-hot goalie coming off a shutout - it's Luongo's game against Chicago. Big game for a big game player which will really decide his fate as starter on this team. If Luongo plays well against Chicago and gets our team the win look-out Schneider...

For all of you Schneider stats fans out there who thought he deserves to be the starter because of his good stats last year, have a look at this:

Schneider - GAA of 3.13, Save % of 0.897
Luongo - GAA of 1.61, Save % of 0.938

Sorry but Luongo was, is and will be the Canucks best goalie ever. Schneider, take a seat and watch how it's done because you're clearly not ready for the big job.
Posted Image

#74 Nashi

Nashi

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,881 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:21 PM

Good thing we took a 3-0 lead, if we had a 2-0 lead going late into the game we could have lost in a SO again. :bigblush:

canucks141.png

#75 Canucksftw0205

Canucksftw0205

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:23 PM

What a satisfying win! Good effort by the team and it's so nice to get scoring from different lines and from the players who'd been receiving a lot of flack from fans. Happy for Luongo, although I hope Schneider will soon play as well as we know he can. It makes me a little sad that he was indicated as the starting goalie, but that Luongo is currently outperforming him. I want them both to do really well.
Respect your Edler! Posted Image

#76 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,505 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:23 PM

Just wanted to congratulate Garrison for his 1st Nucks point!

For a guy who hasn't played for 9 months, has only played with his new team for 7 games and is logging top 4 minutes, he's been pretty solid. While he hasn't been as much of a stand-out as many hoped, he does have team's best +/-and I'm sure he will get better as he grows more comfortable.

#77 VicNuckleHead09

VicNuckleHead09

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:24 PM

He will get better as the season goes on. I am not sure he is awake yet... I am a fan of his and he seems asleep at times out there.
Posted Image
"Louuuuuuuuuu!" - Last game Attended: Vancouver vs. Penguins
Email me

#78 *VaNcOuVeRCaNuCkS*

*VaNcOuVeRCaNuCkS*

Lul

• Members
  • 11,658 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:27 PM

POPULAR

The Luuuu haters have miraculously disappeared, thank god

Edited by *VaNcOuVeRCaNuCkS*, 30 January 2013 - 11:27 PM.

Posted Image

^Vintage Canuck^

CDC STHS Hockey League Commissioner

CDC STHS Tampa Bay Lightning

#79 thema

thema

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:27 PM

The only reason Schneider was dubbed our starter was because he had 3 good games in the playoffs and Luongo had 2. Sorry but that's not reason to overthrow one of the league's best goalies.

Luongo is back and deserves his starting job again. Schneider has been brutal so far, Luongo has been spectacular and AV is going with whoever gives his team the best chance to win, which is Luongo. He better not sit a red-hot goalie coming off a shutout - it's Luongo's game against Chicago. Big game for a big game player which will really decide his fate as starter on this team. If Luongo plays well against Chicago and gets our team the win look-out Schneider...

For all of you Schneider stats fans out there who thought he deserves to be the starter because of his good stats last year, have a look at this:

Sorry but Luongo was, is and will be the Canucks best goalie ever. Schneider, take a seat and watch how it's done because you're clearly not ready for the big job.

"Spectacular"? C'mon, Lou had maybe 6 tough saves all night against what was basically an AHL team with a goalie doing his best Lou-in-the-playoffs imitation. If anything Lou should be taking the refs out for dinner. Also congratulations to AV for further muddying the already confusing goaltending picture here by tossing Lou the easy softball game. Watch Schneider ask for a trade if this keeps up. I for one would laugh if that happened.

#80 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,505 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:28 PM

GHEESH!!

7 game sample and you conclude this?!!

Go grab another Fosters, put some shrimp on the barby and leave the goaltending analysis to rational minds.

#81 kilgore

kilgore

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:29 PM

POPULAR

Bobby Lu!!
Kassquatch!!
Lap Dance- beastly goal
Mr. Garrison!!

Team hit a ton too

I love that name!

I just had to see what I could come up with:

Posted Image

#82 Raiun

Raiun

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:31 PM

Solid effort by the team and a stellar performance by Luu. I missed half of the first period and didn't see his amazing knob of the stick save, so I thought for sure the play of the game was going to be Lappy's goal (which was a great effort and then solid finish). Great to see him and Garrison get on the scoreboard! Burrows was stellar on the PK, basically killed that 5 on 3 by himself, I don't think any other Canuck touched the puck during it.Team is really coming together and it's showing.

Have to get our PP fired up for Chicago though.

#83 TimberWolf

TimberWolf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,396 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:31 PM

The Luuuu haters have miraculously disappeared, thank god

And the Cory haters are in full force. It's funny to see the hypocrisy when I recall hearing since Cloutier that it's our job to support all players no matter what. I guess that doesn't apply to players that threaten their favourites.

Edited by TimberWolf, 30 January 2013 - 11:32 PM.

I was saying Lu-Urns...

star-wars-hockey-goal.gif?w=284

#84 Navyblue

Navyblue

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:33 PM

yeah, LA... the offensive powerhouse of 2013.

Lol you're the epitome of "troll".
Not that this is anything new being said to you so I don't expect much of an impact
Posted Image

#85 *VaNcOuVeRCaNuCkS*

*VaNcOuVeRCaNuCkS*

Lul

• Members
  • 11,658 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:35 PM

And the Cory haters are in full force. It's funny to see the hypocrisy when I recall hearing since Cloutier that it's our job to support all players no matter what. I guess that doesn't apply to players that threaten their favourites.

I for one have never said anything bad about Schneider nor will I as he is a good goalie but "I" don't think he is the better goalie especially at this time

All that matters is Luongo is playing well and he should get the start on Friday and hopefully pull out a big win

Posted Image

^Vintage Canuck^

CDC STHS Hockey League Commissioner

CDC STHS Tampa Bay Lightning

#86 Milk Hot Dog

Milk Hot Dog

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:35 PM

So many warm feelings :wub:
Nobody beats our Canucks' meat !

I don't typically make New Year's Resolutions, but the one thing I want to accomplish in 2012, aka the year of the MILK HOT DOG, is to ARREST SOMEONE. - Kevin WOLVERINE Bieksa (BEE-ecks-ah)

#87 TimberWolf

TimberWolf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,396 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:41 PM

I for one have never said anything bad about Schneider nor will I as he is a good goalie but "I" don't think he is the better goalie especially at this time

All that matters is Luongo is playing well and he should get the start on Friday and hopefully pull out a big win

Didn't mean you, of course, just used your musing as a springboard for my own.

I would go with Cory on friday, may as well just go back and forth for now and keep both rested as much as possible.

I was saying Lu-Urns...

star-wars-hockey-goal.gif?w=284

#88 greetingsfrombrazil

greetingsfrombrazil

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:46 PM

Perfect timing for this shutout. Playing against a weaker team, our defense stepped up, played much better in their own end, didn't let them take many clear shots on Luongo...right before we face arguably the best team in the league right now. Whoever starts on friday, the Canucks seems ready to put a good effort on matching them, it'll be a good test! Way to go!

#89 kilgore

kilgore

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:47 PM

I've never understood the mentality where if you prefer one goaltender over the other then that means you must HATE the other goalie. We have two of the top goalies in the league. We should be grateful for both.

But this situation cannot last. Players are used to systems, schedules, and knowing their position on the team. Fact is, this is great for Lu's trade value, but it would be ludicrous now to either keep both goalies, when we desparately need help in other positons, or to trade Cory and keep Luongo. Cory is 10 years younger, is a million or more cheaper, and has outperformed Lu in the last 2 years in the regular season and playoffs. And he will only get better as Lu declines. And that's without even mentioning how nervous the club (and me!) would be with Lu going into the playoffs. He has had more than his fair share of chances to master the mental demons that show up every year.

I'm happy for Lu, but Canucks have got to stick with the plan.

#90 Vancanwincup

Vancanwincup

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:51 PM

Typical over reaction ; Luo has a couple good games with one shutout(which was not a steal) and Luo = God. Cory has a coulpe so/so games and one shutout( which I believe was the more difficult win) and Cory = not ready. You're awesome DownUndacanuck you are always good for a laugh.

Edited by Vancanwincup, 30 January 2013 - 11:55 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.