The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Proposed Gun Control Legislation Does Not Violate Second Amendment - Say 52 US Law Profs

Wetcoaster

Why your arguments (and others) related to the gun topic are often called hyperbole is because of just that, you use hyperbole.

And once again you fail to disappoint, blaming Wayne Lapierre's "spewing of this tripe" for Adam Lanza going on a shooting rampage.

So why again should people like this be taken seriously on Capitol Hill? Or in a court?

Either way, hyperbole is evident. One does not need to blow something out of proportion and blame others for the actions of an individual, nor employ useless bans on gun types as that is ineffective, feel-good garbage. That is one of the key problems the gun control crowd has with their logic, and once again, why they won't get the support of Capitol Hill.

Probably written incorrectly, long work week affecting posting ability. ;)

Either way, hyperbole is evident. One does not need to blow something out of proportion and blame others for the actions of an individual, nor employ useless bans on gun types as that is ineffective, feel-good garbage. That is one of the key problems the gun control crowd has with their logic, and once again, why they won't get the support of Capitol Hill.

Time to lighten up a little?

I just love the back and forth propaganda that each side keeps on coming up with - makes for great humour:

"A week after the Newtown, Connecticut shootings that left dozens dead, the National Rifle Association has blamed the media in general, and violent games specifically. In a press conference today, NRA executive vice president Wayne LaPierre cast the blame for the massacre not on guns, but on the media, and on games."

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2012-12-21-nra-puts-blame-on-games

556556_10151361702376236_1223501264_n.jpg

Fair enough. Maybe you can provide some examples of "Anti-gun lunatics" for me.

I certainly haven't heard of a single person calling for an outright ban on all weapons. I've heard some of the por-gun crowd claiming that any further gun controls are the slippery slope that will eventually lead to it, but I've seen zero evidence to support that claim.

http://www.bradycampaign.org/

These people are pretty radically anti-gun. Well...they claim that they are only anti gun violence but some statements made by Sarah Brady lead me to deduce that she's got an agenda almost as fanatical as the NRA does pro-gun. Their website features a counter keeping track of people shot so far this year, and one that keeps track of people shot so far today. That seems pretty nutty to me.

Ahh and they have been on the record as saying gun control is step one to their gun ban utopia.

Their standing in Washington with the Obama administration and Senate Democrats will undoubtedly get favourable legislation.

Thankfully the House is what stands in their way.

If Senate Democrats would stick to simple things, like required training, background checks, limitations on the mentally ill/recidivist gun violent criminals, there might be more agreement, but instead they're doing stupid crap like targeting their odd definition of an "assault weapon", and in some local jurisdictions largely Democrat politicians locally have outright tried banning specific types of guns including handguns.

Hence why they've helped create an environment where second amendment supporters won't budge. Not for that.

http://www.bradycampaign.org/

These people are pretty radically anti-gun. Well...they claim that they are only anti gun violence but some statements made by Sarah Brady lead me to deduce that she's got an agenda almost as fanatical as the NRA does pro-gun. Their website features a counter keeping track of people shot so far this year, and one that keeps track of people shot so far today. That seems pretty nutty to me.

Does it coincide with the "Debt Clock" the neo-Cons like to put up behind them, tracking the cost of their "un-paid-for wars"? .. I think the two should be scynced together .. it would make for all sorts of comparisons .. Vegas could run games-of-chance off the inter-relationships .. oh, just imagine the fun!!! .. :towel:

Now see...here is where you and I differ. I recognize that both parties are at fault for this entire gun control debacle...both share equal blame for this..not just the Republicans, and not just the Democrats. If it comes out of the mouths of one of those parties' members I am highly skeptical of it until there is evidence. I think that both parties, in House and Senate...are behaving like immature brats and they need to work out a compromise so the older members can go take their naps...everyone is so cranky nowadays up on the Hill...especially Boehner and especially Harry Reid. As I mentioned before...moderation is the only real logical solution...I wish it were an option.

There is an obvious compromise, but how does one compromise when Feinstein outright declares she's writing up an assault weapon ban legislation? There is no compromising with those who are determined to unjustifiably chip away at, or eliminate a very explicit right.

Republicans have their problems in other areas (particularly on the first amendment and fourth amendment) but as far as the gun debate is concerned, they clearly have a more vested interest in protecting it, so despite not supporting Republicans, hell, nor the NRA, at very least they are doing their part in preserving a right. Once the discussion veers off from the second amendment, you'll find me likely more to disagree with both of them, if not outright condemn their views. Despite the ACLU's clearly liberal policy, while I don't support them in any way, nor do I support Democrats, in all likelihood I would probably wind up siding with them (well, those for example who actually voted against retroactive immunity for AT&T, or voted against the PATRIOT Act) on first and fourth amendment issues.

There is a logical medium, which is why I voted for Gary Johnson. ;)

There is an obvious compromise, but how does one compromise when Feinstein outright declares she's writing up an assault weapon ban legislation? There is no compromising with those who are determined to unjustifiably chip away at, or eliminate a very explicit right.

Republicans have their problems in other areas (particularly on the first amendment and fourth amendment) but as far as the gun debate is concerned, they clearly have a more vested interest in protecting it, so despite not supporting Republicans, hell, nor the NRA, at very least they are doing their part in preserving a right. Once the discussion veers off from the second amendment, you'll find me likely more to disagree with both of them, if not outright condemn their views. Despite the ACLU's clearly liberal policy, while I don't support them in any way, nor do I support Democrats, in all likelihood I would probably wind up siding with them (well, those for example who actually voted against retroactive immunity for AT&T, or voted against the PATRIOT Act) on first and fourth amendment issues.

There is a logical medium, which is why I voted for Gary Johnson. ;)

And as I'm a Green Party guy, I voted for Jill Stein. Logical mediums however have a difficult time being heard over the sounds of oral flatulence coming out of the blowholes of the Democrats and Republicans, unfortunately.

Archived