The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Proposed Gun Control Legislation Does Not Violate Second Amendment - Say 52 US Law Profs

Wetcoaster

You missed the point... even Ron Paul was perplexed at putting deadly weapons in the hands of war vets suffering from PTSD.

And these are quotes attributed to right wing pundits and spokesperson. not the dastardly left wing media indulging in rhetoric and obfuscation The rhetoric and obfuscation is being left up to gun loons and their apologists.

I missed nothing, you made two mistakes and I'd advise reading the post again, more thoroughly this time:

1) I mentioned that Ron Paul wondered why you would take someone to a shooting range to remedy PTSD and that it makes sense. How I missed the point when you just reiterated what I posted following "you missed the point" is pretty comical, but the comprehension problems don't surprise me.

2) I never attributed anything to "leftist" media in that post, where the hell did that come from? You completely conjured this up on your own. I'm criticising "American" media, which in this particular case is actually FOX News for criticising Ron Paul, and the media in general for making this an issue that separates Ron Paul as if he's not a supporter of the second amendment. The only issue here is that the media made much out of a simple twitter statement and to their own political agenda are going out in left field, the op-ed writer is obfuscating Paul as if the gun debate is Paul vs. "conservatives".

• 2 weeks later...

In Missouri it is being proposed that if a person introduces gun control legislation that person should be charged with a crime.

A Congressman in Missouri is taking a dramatic stand against gun control.

A state representative has proposed a bill that would make it a class D felony for any member of the General Assembly to propose legislation "that further restricts an individual's right to bear arms."

The bill was sponsored by Republican Rep. Mike Leara.

BuzzFeed's Rebecca Berg was the first to bring Missouri's proposed legislation to our attention.

Missouri is the just latest in a growing line of states attempting to criminalize gun control.

While Vice President Joe Biden was promoting the White House's plan for gun control in Virginia at the end of January, the state's House of Delegates approved a bill that would forbid state agencies and employees from helping the federal government enforcement new control measures in the state.

And Wyoming, Texas, Mississippi, and Tennessee have all announced plans as well to make it a crime for state employees to enforce federal gun control measures.

http://www.businessinsider.com/missouris-response-to-gun-control-2013-2#ixzz2LO18BKCW

In Missouri it is being proposed that if a person introduces gun control legislation that person should be charged with a crime.

A Congressman in Missouri is taking a dramatic stand against gun control.

A state representative has proposed a bill that would make it a class D felony for any member of the General Assembly to propose legislation "that further restricts an individual's right to bear arms."

The bill was sponsored by Republican Rep. Mike Leara.

BuzzFeed's Rebecca Berg was the first to bring Missouri's proposed legislation to our attention.

Missouri is the just latest in a growing line of states attempting to criminalize gun control.

While Vice President Joe Biden was promoting the White House's plan for gun control in Virginia at the end of January, the state's House of Delegates approved a bill that would forbid state agencies and employees from helping the federal government enforcement new control measures in the state.

And Wyoming, Texas, Mississippi, and Tennessee have all announced plans as well to make it a crime for state employees to enforce federal gun control measures.

http://www.businessi...2#ixzz2LO18BKCW

Apparently the right for some douchebag in Kentucky to own a .22 with absolutely no regulations or control, none, zip, nadda, supersedes the right to life -- the right for parents to send their child to school and expect them to return on that same bus at the end of the day. That's the problem I have with all this, this disgusting sense of entitlement by pro gun Americans because the constitution says they can own a weapon and their rights will not be infringed. They would rather do NOTHING before doing something, if that something meant enforcing some sort of control in an effort to save lives.

Apparently the right for some douchebag in Kentucky to own a .22 with absolutely no regulations or control, none, zip, nadda, supersedes the right to life -- the right for parents to send their child to school and expect them to return on that same bus at the end of the day. That's the problem I have with all this, this disgusting sense of entitlement by pro gun Americans because the constitution says they can own a weapon and their rights will not be infringed. They would rather do NOTHING before doing something, if that something meant enforcing some sort of control in an effort to save lives.

Kids used to be able to bring their OWN guns to school without anybody freaking out or any kind of issues.

Now however, thanks to the useful idiot puppet people, we've got a society where everything is more criminalized and institutionalized by the day yet is not really any more safe.

Archived