#301 apollo

apollo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,457 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:39 PM

People are really surprising me here...

He elbowed our reigning MVP to the head. We must return the favour... completely when they don't expect it just like Daniel didn't when he didn't have the puck. Whoever does it should only get a two minute minor same as Keith got. Shouldn't be a problem since it's the same ref hahah
Posted Image

Thank you Roberto =(

#302 Gillyfluffball

Gillyfluffball

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:43 PM

I think this game win or lose is going to be the game that turns things around for Vancouver. If Vancouver wins against a red hot Chicago team who are also a hated rival it will give them the confidence they need to play more consistency. Yet we all know that losing to the Blackhawks (especially in a blow out) always seems to be the very thing the Canucks need to wake up. So Really I think win or lose this game will be the turning point to the Canucks season.

I want them to win and if the Canucks actually play like the Canucks and stop playing like the Flames <_< then they can actually win this game, however, if they continue to skate around without passion or drive and like they don't care at all then they don't have a change against Chicago right now.

And yes Keith must pay but I would rather if he is made to pay with a legal hit, I also don't want Kassian to do anything that would either result in Kass getting hurt instead of Keith or Kassian getting suspended. Lets face it right now Kassian is Vancouver's best player we need him more then we need Keith being taken out!

Edited by Gillyfluffball, 01 February 2013 - 03:47 PM.

Posted Image
Do Not Trade TanevPosted Image

Thanks TS <3

#303 Ginu

Ginu

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:02 PM

Well... as much as I would love to see some clean revenge for the hit on Daniel, I have a feeling this ref (not even sure how he can still be employed by NHL still...) will bite us right where it hurts...
Any retaliation, he will most likely give us penlaties and misconducts like its Christmas... I still cant believe he got assigned to this game...
Posted Image

#304 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,758 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:02 PM

Hopefully Volpatti 'Torres' Keith or Seabrook behind the net. I would be satisfied with that.

#305 Crowfro

Crowfro

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:03 PM

*points at the chalkboard, chalkboard shows #2 from Blackhawks* He must pay the price.

#306 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,758 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:05 PM

Well... as much as I would love to see some clean revenge for the hit on Daniel, I have a feeling this ref (not even sure how he can still be employed by NHL still...) will bite us right where it hurts...
Any retaliation, he will most likely give us penlaties and misconducts like its Christmas... I still cant believe he got assigned to this game...

Yea, i have a feeling O'Halloran will throw the book at Kassian for even looking at Keith to neutralize us early.

Then if Volpatti takes a run at him, he gets 10 minute misconduct and a charging.

Theyre gonna protect Keith tonight no doubt, and the Canucks will come out looking like cowards for now responding to the hit.

#307 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,992 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:12 PM

At work, so can't check to see if others feel the same....that picture on the homepage really irks me. Bolland and his smug ugly mug. Keith. Boo. Hiss. Spew. Ew. Love the angry Bieksa. We didn't get a chance to settle this, refs were there too quickly. I remember Burr, too, on the other side. BlackCockiness X 10. Sure, they're good. But I despise them.

I will be getting London Drugs to make me a hand towel out of that picture. Then I'll wipe my bathroom floor around the toilet with it during cleaning. I am so stoked for this. Hurry up time.

Posted Image

#308 *vInTaGe*

*vInTaGe*

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,408 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:12 PM

I don't even care. Somebody get him.

In all seriousness, I would love somebody to just check Keith clean and hard, and all night, don't let him off the hook.

Posted Image

#309 DooBie604

DooBie604

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:14 PM

Expect a lot of penalties tonight for the Canucks. Not because they will go after Keith but because O'Halloran will be the referee.

#310 Kassian's Face

Kassian's Face

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:20 PM

Lp

Way to contribute to the conversation. Honestly why even bother posting? "I typed two letters, my opinion matters."

People who Lp are just as bad as the old IBTL people. Surprised its not a forum rule yet. At least people who typed IBTL used 4 letters to contribue nothing.

Anyways count down is on.

KASSQUATCH GO GET EM!

#311 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:22 PM

Way to contribute to the conversation. Honestly why even bother posting? "I typed two letters, my opinion matters."

People who Lp are just as bad as the old IBTL people. Surprised its not a forum rule yet. At least people who typed IBTL used 4 letters to contribue nothing.

KASSQUATCH GO GET EM!

Perhaps you should acquaint yourself with the reason why people post lp before blowing an aneurysm in a hissy fit? Try reading the feedback forum. :picard:

lp

lp

lp

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 01 February 2013 - 04:23 PM.

"Sursumredditio" non usquam in hac mea loquantur!

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.....

#312 Kassian's Face

Kassian's Face

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:25 PM

OK Bertuzzi Babe, went to the feedback forums, searched for feedback on LP. Nothing there. Sure am glad I have you to enlighten me.

#313 JimLahey

JimLahey

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,406 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:27 PM

OK Bertuzzi Babe, went to the feedback forums, searched for feedback on LP. Nothing there. Sure am glad I have you to enlighten me.

"lp" = last page,

It's easier for someone on their phone to post than to hit next page on longer threads. But thanks for contributing to a conversation..

lp

Posted Image

#314 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,452 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:28 PM

You didn't look very hard then.
Hockey is the only sport, the rest are just games.

#315 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:32 PM

Couldn't have really looked at all as I managed to find it with no trouble.. Perhaps you should rein in the hissy fits until you find out what a certain thing is about. Then one would not appear quite so foolish for flying off the handle over absolutely nothing.

lp

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 01 February 2013 - 04:35 PM.

"Sursumredditio" non usquam in hac mea loquantur!

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.....

#316 Alex Edler 23

Alex Edler 23

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:42 PM

KASSQUATCH GO GET EM!

I was on mobile bro, Jesus what's your problem
Sig too big.

#317 TheRocket18

TheRocket18

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:43 PM

Hawks would be smart to sit Keith out this game...

I suspect another Bertuzzi type incident this evening...

Hes got it coming and so did Moore...
I'm not saying that a broken neck is fair or how Bertuzzi came at him from behind is right...
I'm saying if you run/attempt to hurt one of our top scorers, then expect some consequences...

#318 ice orca

ice orca

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:50 PM

The NHL knew what they were doing assigning this tool to the game, be prepared for a hoard of Canuck penalties if they even look sideways at Keith.

#319 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:56 PM

This is an important game for the Nucks. I don't want the players to focus on 'getting Keith' when they really need to work hard and play their best. If an opportunity arises, then sure, a good clean hit is great. I certainly don't want to see our first line screwed because Kass is stitting in the box for fighting.

1/4 of the season almost done. Let's get 'er done!

#320 pwnstar

pwnstar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,308 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:11 PM

I'd rather the Canucks concentrate on the game rather than trying to smear Keith. No sense getting penalties against the likes of Kane, Hossa, and Toews. At least have a good lead before drilling him into his bench.

Posted Image

#321 Darth Kane

Darth Kane

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,442 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:15 PM

People are really surprising me here...

He elbowed our reigning MVP to the head. We must return the favour... completely when they don't expect it just like Daniel didn't when he didn't have the puck. Whoever does it should only get a two minute minor same as Keith got. Shouldn't be a problem since it's the same ref hahah

What does this have to do with anything? Whether your're the reigning MVP or a 4th line plugger you don't deserve an elbow to the head. Elbowing Sedin is no worse than elbowing Weise, it's wrong either way. Sure, losing Sedin hurts the Canucks more than losing Weise would, but it still doesn't make the act itself any different.

#322 RunningWild

RunningWild

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,074 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:24 PM

Canucks win. Keith gets a roll of toilet paper thrown at him. Kane goes home crying.

Curious who AV will start tonight. Game after Eager ran Daniel, AV started his goon line. Should be interesting considering the perpetual Canucks hater O'Hallaran is officiating tonight.

Edited by RunningWild, 01 February 2013 - 05:24 PM.

#323 JE14

JE14

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,219 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:56 PM

lp

HLxDEhn.gif

#324 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,346 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:58 PM

What does this have to do with anything? Whether your're the reigning MVP or a 4th line plugger you don't deserve an elbow to the head. Elbowing Sedin is no worse than elbowing Weise, it's wrong either way. Sure, losing Sedin hurts the Canucks more than losing Weise would, but it still doesn't make the act itself any different.

It's a hell of a lot different in the eyes of a hockey player....at least it used to be.
Posted Image

#325 Toni Zamboni

Toni Zamboni

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,417 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:23 PM

lp

:lol:

#326 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64,467 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:37 PM

@VanCanucks: Tonight, Hockey Talks. We are honoured to have Wes Rypien, Rick's brother, drop the puck in tonight's pre-game ceremony. #hockeytalks
Posted Image

#327 Tank Hankerous

Tank Hankerous

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,928 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:45 PM

I posted this earlier on one of those NO FUN hockey sites...

Here's why we are better no matter what happens...

No matter what happens tomorrow night, we are still better for the following reasons…
  • In 2012, Chicago had 506 murders. Vancouver had 9. And we had a gang war.
  • Duncan Keith once forcibly dipped his finger (which according to reports, smelled suspiciously like Brent Seabrook) into Alexandre Burrows’ warm, supple, French-Canadian mouth to fulfil some sick fantasy, the origins of which the Hawks’ team psychologist has tried in vain to pinpoint. Burrows’ only defense against this vicious attack was to reach out and grab some of Keith’s homeless guy hairdo in order to stop what Keith’s childhood friends would call “the erotic fish-hook” from happening.
  • Chicago’s football team plays in the NFL and is worth hundreds of millions of dollars, and yet they had to go to the CFL to find a coach.
  • Chicago’s deep dish pizza stinks. The crust is the worst part of the pizza. Most overrated food of all time. Its like Pizza cake.
  • While the Canucks spend their off-seasons humanely hunting, fishing and helping local charities, the Blackhawks spend their violently attacking innocent cab drivers who are only trying to put food on the table and send their kids to college, over a 20 cent fare. The fact that Patrick Kane did not go to prison over this unprovoked, irresponsible act is a failure of the justice system of OJ Simpson/Casey Anthony proportions.
  • The Canucks are from masculine sounding towns: Kevin Bieksa: Grimsby. Jordan Schroeder: Burnsville. Higgins: Smithtown. Kassian: Kingsville. And where did Duncan Keith grow up? Fort Frances, Ontario. ‘Nuff said.
    By the way, when Keith was a teen his dad (who works for a bank, probably foreclosing on the homes of innocent widows while living off of bailouts from hardworking taxpayers like the cab driver Patrick Kane targeted, hunted and attacked) moved the family to BC. Which town did they choose? Summerland. A town that sounds like it could be the name of a brand of feminine hygiene products.
  • Blackhawk fans will mention the Canucks’ cup drought. But they have a baseball team that hasn’t won the World Series in 105 years. Why not just give up already? And when the Hawks did win the cup a few years ago (which Patrick Kane probably hoisted over his head to injure an innocent cab driver) they had a 49 year drought. That is just disgusting.
  • I have an apple on my desk while I type this. That apple has twice as much personality and charisma as Jonathan Taves. Yes, I spelled it Taves. Not my fault he can’t spell his own stupid name.
  • While the Canucks have honourably and graciously tried to honour our local Native people by incorporating Native art into the Canuck logo and imagery, the Chicago Blackhawks use an “Indian Head” as a logo…a vile caricature with racist origins that was created in 1935…when such disgusting things were acceptable and the Chicago Cubs were experiencing a mere 31-year World Series drought. Get with the times! I am thoroughly offended when I watch the Hawks play.
  • Cory Crawford’s mother could do the colour commentary for the Blackhawks, and she would be more balanced and less of a homer than Ed Olczyk. Ed Olczyk is the hockey equivalent of a North Korean state broadcaster.

Posted Image

"THE GLOVE FROM ABOVE"

"Despite his reasonably successful season, Burrows is a career AHLer."

-Matt MacInnis, writer for hockeysfuture.com 06/12/2005

#328 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:47 PM

2-4 Canucks.

Lu will continue his great play.

#329 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,767 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:52 PM

I was on mobile bro, Jesus what's your problem

It would be nice if people didn't use phones if the technology sucks that bad but whatever. I don't really mind but it gets a bit annoying to see that everywhere. I also saw somewhere that there is a way around that.

Edited by Dogbyte, 01 February 2013 - 06:54 PM.

There are things known and unknown ... and in between are the doors.

#330 Nas19

Nas19

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 754 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:55 PM

"funny how they forget about Sedins head shot, at least Keith did it in open ice and never rammed his head into the glass."

"Also Hamhuis' hit on Kopecky in game1 2yrs ago which was Kopecky's last game as a Hawk. How does a guy as short as Dan hit Kopecky, who's 6'4", in the head with an elbow when Kopecky was standing against the glass? HE LEFT HIS FEET but of course no call or suspension."

A couple of quotes from a guy over on Chicago's board. Apparently what Sedin did was way worse then what Keith did. And apparently Hamhus is a dirty POS. Seriously, give me a fricken break. Those comments are so stupid I don't even know what to say.

Edited by Nas19, 01 February 2013 - 06:55 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.