The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks vs Blackhawks 02/01/13 @Home

Strombone1

A lot of you are talking about how you want to see everyone taking runs at Keith, seeing Kassian get into a fight, etc. And I'm okay with that, but how awesome would it be for this to be the real break-out game in 2013 for the Sedins, 3 or 4 points apiece? Hat-trick for Daniel? Or for Jordan Schroeder to play his first game back in Chicago, the city where he spent the past 1one-and-a-half seasons in the AHL, score his first career NHL goal!

Classy.

When Keith hit Sedin is was in retaliation to a hit Sedin laid on Keith.

You're talking out of both sides of your mouth here. In some posts (that relate to Canucks' fans wanting to "retaliate") you suggest it's wrong. That everyone "hates us" because of it.

Yet, you justify it when it's your own? Don't you see the hypocrisy in that? Sure, you can throw out an "it was wrong" statement to cover things, but your argument still made excuses like it was somehow alright? So which one is it? Is it ok and the player gets a pass or should everyone hate your team for doing it and fans for supporting it?

I NEVER advocate for pulling a Bertuzzi....and here's the thing - I'm certain Bertuzzi never "intended" for his actions to have such a serious repercussion...it was simply retaliation (and sometimes, it comes back to bite you in the butt....you're just lucky Keith's didn't). But we've put up with enough crap from dirty Hawks to warrant wanting to see a little "retaliation" of our own and, while we don't wish serious injury on anyone, a little hurtin' to send the message shouldn't be chastised by someone defending a player who's been known to participate.

Hawks look scary so far this year.

Hopefully the right Canucks squad shows up. The key should be to not get too emotional against the Hawks. Keith did elbow Danny the last time they were both on the ice, but the Canucks squad can't put too much thought into it or they'll lose focus.

Luongo obviously must be stellar. Chicago has talent as we all know.

The Sedins really need to get their game going. Winning this will probably depend on that.

AV doesn't talk to his players. He's proud of that. They're all professionals that do what they're supposed to without direction or guidance (i.e coaching).. Hell...he didn't even have the balls or decency to tell Cory he wasn't starting against the Avs or Chicago. Cory had to find out from the goalie coach.

He may beat Chicago because of teh talent on this team but he will never out-coach Quenneville or Bylsma or Babcock..all coaches who talk to, coach and motivate their players, .

I'm sure all the guys in the dressing room will really dig deep when it counts for AV.

Hopefully the boys can pull off a victory in spite of their coach.

Kinda what I was getting at, just in a more sarcastic / roundabout way. It frustrates me (you too, obviously) to have a silent coach who doesn't match his lines and just expects his guys to figure it out.

I used to support AV because of his record in Van. But ever since his whole "that Bieksa imitation was sooo funny" routine I've lost all respect. So you can laugh your ass off at some chirpy BS (which was actually pretty funny) but when the chips are down, no emotion, no interaction with your own players, no yelling at refs and "I'm so freakin' cool" press conferences.

He reminds me of the arrogant all-star kid in high school who just stops playing his ass off because he already got the scholarship and the hot girlfriend.

If Keith steps up and fights someone for his actions then I'm ok with that. He gave a dirty hit and the right thing to do is step up and fight. I would be pissed if he ran away all game hiding behind the refs. That to me is the sign of a scumbag.

If I sucker punched someones friend I would expect that I would have to step up and fight and not call the cops as soon as I get touched.

If your gonna do something dirty, at least re-establish some of your honor and face the consequences. I don't need him to be cheap-shotted or carried out on a stretcher or hit from behind. I just want the guy to man up like Lucic did when he ran Miller last year. He knew it was dirty and he fought who ever challenged him the next game.

Archived