The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks vs Blackhawks 02/01/13 @Home

Strombone1

hopefully we dont spend the whole game trying to take out Keith. If we keep our emotions in check the game is ours to win. Have to come out strong tho. Our poor starts are the death of us. Luuuu gets the start no question. 5 -1 blow out. 2 big hits on keith resulting in 2 fights

Hate to say it - don't see the shorthanded Canucks beating a red-hot Blackhawks.

Goaltending has to be beyond standing on his head - whoever it is that gets the start.

Canucks win if goaltending is in God mode, PP clicks, Sedins wake up and defense plays solid.

Also, I predict that one of Bieksa, Volpatti, or Lapierre will fight Keith. Most likely Bieksa. Kassian will not fight him - the size disparity is too big.

Hate to say it - don't see the shorthanded Canucks beating a red-hot Blackhawks.

Goaltending has to be beyond standing on his head - whoever it is that gets the start.

Canucks win if goaltending is in God mode, PP clicks, Sedins wake up and defense plays solid.

Also, I predict that one of Bieksa, Volpatti, or Lapierre will fight Keith. Most likely Bieksa. Kassian will not fight him - the size disparity is too big.

The build-up for this game reminds me of the build-up for the Bruins game with the line brawl last season (?).

The Bruins were tough, skilled and were among the league leaders in points, whereas the Canucks had something to prove (last season they wanted retribution for the Bruins' physical abuse, while Daniel's concussion may bring a sour taste in the Canucks' mouth, plus the team would be facing the Blackhawks with a reduced roster without Kes and Booth-- plus we're underdogs both in terms of scoring ability and due to question marks in the lineup regarding consistency). And that's exactly what they did, they went out, got the monkey off their back and beat the team both physically and on the score sheet. In other words, this could be a statement game for the team against a powerhouse rival.

Now I'm not saying that I expect a line brawl (well maybe?) but Keith should be prepared to get hit, whether by Lapierre, Hansen, Weise, Volpatti (much rather have these Bottom 6 guys with enough speed to catch and hit him consistently) or who knows Kassian could crunch him too (or anyone who tries to touch the Sedins for that matter). Could be a very close and feisty game and I'd expect whichever team trails would be quite motivated by early fireworks to get back into things late in the game. On second thought, I'm really not sure whether it will actually pan out that way against Keith; I mean athletic rivals hold grudges all the time but often the media just hypes it way up due to limited story lines when the players themselves may be over it already.

2i6fbdu.jpg

24fxwnp.jpg

• Even though the Minnesota Wild hand Chicago Blackhawks their first loss of the season, Blackhawks have almost been unstoppable.

• Will the Canucks seek retribution from Duncan Keith after knocking Daniel Sedin out with a blatant elbow to the head?

• In a surprise move coach Alain Vigneault named Roberto Luongo as the starter against the Avalanche coming from another start against the Kings.

• The power play wakes up

• The twins bump the slump

• They win the third

8y6ohf.jpg

• Henrik Sedin: 6 Points

• Daniel Sedin: 5 Assists

• Jannik Hansen: 3 Goals

• Alex Burrows: 22 PIMs

• Roberto Luongo: 1.96 GAA, .948 SV%

• Cory Schneider: 3.40 GAA, .894 SV%

a49ct4.jpg

• 3-2-2, 8 pts