The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks vs Blackhawks 02/01/13 @Home

Strombone1

Aside from Toews, Kane, Hossa, Sharp, and to a lesser extent Bolland, the Blackhawks forward group doesn't look that special. Same with Keith and Seabrook on defense, there's really nobody else there. Crawford and Emery are both crap as well.

Schneider will get this game and make 40 saves, but the Canucks will dominate on the scoreboard. 8-2 final, our offense wakes up in a big way and the Blackhawks goalies stats go back in the toilet where they belong.

Keith very much regrets his hit on Danny last year but staggers off the ice on his own power.

That may be true... But Kane will pick him apart in the shootout. lol I really want us to win this one and if Kassian or Volpatti happen to exact some revenge on Duncan Keith? Than that would also be acceptable. :mad:

EDIT: I have a weird feeling it will be someone unlikely though... Like Hansen or Weise. Bur got into it a little before as well, could see him fight Friday night. Either way, I do hope they focus more on their game as opposed to that! No better way to stick it to them than with a W. B)

I am pretty excited for this game...Mostly cause we have a lot of history with Chicago...But also the Sedins.......Daniel and Henrik have been playing a bit more physical and getting into the "Dirty areas" of the net more...I think having Kassian on that line makes them feel a bit more secure in the actions they take going hard to the net...They are finishing more checks,heck throwing more checks and don't seem to be worried or nevous about big bodied players pushing them around any more... I really like Kass's play so far, and I really think training with the twins in the off season has helped that line as a whole,not just Zach. Once they get more of a rythem togethor,I really expect that to be a high point line.

Gonna be a rough ride, but I think if the Canucks can build some momentum coming off the shutout against the Avs, we'll pull out on top. Win or Lose, it will be an exciting game to watch, I anticipate some fighting, some huge hits, incredible goaltending and some huge, game-changing plays.

Let's Go Canucks!

Super job on the GDT....and thanks for posting it early for, as you know, we've had to "wing it" lately. :)

Stay tuned for the next episode of as the Hawks Turn(over).

Watch as Bolland will be bowled over and barely live to yap about it. Marian will reveal her true identity, thus distracting the bench and putting everyone in a pickle, including Bickell. Mayers too - who is really John and will break out into face contorting song (his new hit single "Where's the Puck?"). Sharp ain't gonna be so as he will be forced to change names to Dull. Stalberg - see first part of name to get a clue about his upcoming projection. Toews, will miss the bus after admiring himself in the vanity mirror, arriving late and not knowing how to enter the building. Brookbank is really brokeback...don't be fooled. Hjalmarssojrtvnmpqrstvwxyz? - Vanna, I'd like to buy a vowel. Duncan - Vanna, I'd like to buy some teeth. Leddy. Ledbetter? Make me fries. Seabrook (I like him, sorry, can't do this one). Patrick'll need a Kane by the time we get through with him. Who is their goaltender again? Oduya? - ya, I do...wanna fight?

Love games vs the Hawks. 19-0 us. Gotta go to work now...bring on Friday. Silly stoked.

Your game day thread is the best that's ever been posted Strombone1...when did you find the time to develop and post it? I was rooting you on while you were in your office last night in the blue paint. Thanks for this.

On the subject of Duncan Keith...my thought is that the forwards will be extra motivated to finish their checks on him (Volpatti, Lapierre, Kassian in particular), but there won't be any overt attempts to take Keith out. I envision there being incidental contact between either of the Sedins/Kassian and Keith where some liberties may be taken on our side, but I don't expect a Bertuzzi-like or any cavementality-like action to take place.

What would be really entertaining is AV and Quennville getting it on. My money would be on AV (he was a goon is his day and Quennville was a stay-at-home defenceman who didn't drop the mitts too often). If that happens, lets hope Bowness and Brown doesn't get involved...Bowness was a punching bag when he played for the Jets in the 1980s and Brown is a midget...his dog is bigger than he is.

2i6fbdu.jpg

24fxwnp.jpg

• Even though the Minnesota Wild hand Chicago Blackhawks their first loss of the season, Blackhawks have almost been unstoppable.

• Will the Canucks seek retribution from Duncan Keith after knocking Daniel Sedin out with a blatant elbow to the head?

• In a surprise move coach Alain Vigneault named Roberto Luongo as the starter against the Avalanche coming from another start against the Kings.

• The power play wakes up

• The twins bump the slump

• They win the third

8y6ohf.jpg

• Henrik Sedin: 6 Points

• Daniel Sedin: 5 Assists

• Jannik Hansen: 3 Goals

• Alex Burrows: 22 PIMs

• Roberto Luongo: 1.96 GAA, .948 SV%

• Cory Schneider: 3.40 GAA, .894 SV%

a49ct4.jpg

• 3-2-2, 8 pts

• Daniel Sedin: 6 Points

• Zack Kassian: 5 Goals

• Daniel Sedin: 4 Assists

2zognt0.jpg

• 6-0-1, 13 pts

• Patrick Kane: 10 Points

• Marian Hossa: 5 Goals

• Patrick Kane: 8 Assists

2e48zl2.jpg

Injured: Ryan Kesler, David Booth

Scratched: Andrew Ebbett, Andrew Alberts, Cam Barker

qs1nv7.jpg

Injured: Michal Rozsival, Daniel Carcillo, Steve Montador

2rhl9mr.jpg

Aside from Toews, Kane, Hossa, Sharp, and to a lesser extent Bolland, the Blackhawks forward group doesn't look that special. Same with Keith and Seabrook on defense, there's really nobody else there. Crawford and Emery are both crap as well.

Schneider will get this game and make 40 saves, but the Canucks will dominate on the scoreboard. 8-2 final, our offense wakes up in a big way and the Blackhawks goalies stats go back in the toilet where they belong.

Keith very much regrets his hit on Danny last year but staggers off the ice on his own power.

Archived