1051 replies to this topic

#91 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:10 AM

Anyone saying don't stoop their level is the problem. You better hit and take some cheap hits on them all night to send a message. Run the goalie into the zambonie, Playing the between whistle and no chirping and scrums doesn't send any message.
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#92 ice orca

ice orca

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,296 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:16 AM

Anyone saying don't stoop their level is the problem. You better hit and take some cheap hits on them all night to send a message. Run the goalie into the zambonie, Playing the between whistle and no chirping and scrums doesn't send any message.

The best message to send is beat them on the score sheet you need every point you can get in this shortened season.

#93 CB007

CB007

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,661 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:16 AM

I don't care what happens score wise.

Somebody pull a bertuzzi and end toews career. They knocked out the leagues reigning MVP right before the playoffs, costing us the cup. We have to return the favour... toews only. Not Kane... not Keith not seabrook. We need to end toews career to avenge Daniel. I'll be fine if Keith takes a skate to the throat though and lui posts a shutout

Little extreme but I like your spirit.
Posted Image

#94 CB007

CB007

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,661 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:18 AM

The best message to send is beat them on the score sheet you need every point you can get in this shortened season.

Score sheet is important, but taking guys out lead to beating them on the scoresheet, as well as letting other teams beat them in the future. I mean, with Daniel in the lineup we were 1 - 1 against the Kings last year.... And them losing Hossa was a big part of losing to the Coyotes.
Posted Image

#95 Gooseberries

Gooseberries

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,524 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:20 AM

Little extreme but I like your spirit.

ya let's not purposely end anyone's career here. that's not what competition is.about. besides what has toews done? he's a class act in my.eyes.

20u7nh3.jpg

Credit to Vintage Canuck

The Sig lord

#96 Gooseberries

Gooseberries

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,524 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:20 AM

double post

Edited by TruCanuck, 31 January 2013 - 11:20 AM.

20u7nh3.jpg

Credit to Vintage Canuck

The Sig lord

#97 luckylager

luckylager

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:21 AM

hopefully we dont spend the whole game trying to take out Keith. If we keep our emotions in check the game is ours to win. Have to come out strong tho. Our poor starts are the death of us. Luuuu gets the start no question. 5 -1 blow out. 2 big hits on keith resulting in 2 fights

Sadly, I hope we DO spend all game trying to take out Keith but that won't happen. I think the players all understand they would be looking at a long suspension if they "intend to injure" the cheap little elbow laying loser Keith (and succeed).
I'd love to see it though.... I wonder what the outcome would be if Daniel payed him back with a little skate by?

Dress Vandermeer, put him on a mission, take the suspension... I can only dream

#98 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:22 AM

Not true at all. We have beat the Hawks on the scoresheet many times, a loss for the Hawks would just be another loss and on to the next game for them. Does not send a message to Keith for what he did.
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#99 apollo

apollo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,967 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:33 AM

ya let's not purposely end anyone's career here. that's not what competition is.about. besides what has toews done? he's a class act in my.eyes.

My bad I'm Sorry I'm just angry still over the hit. Let's end keiths. Thats 100% justified... what did Daniel do to him?? It was a headshot and Daniel didn't even have the Puck. It was assault. 100% Assault... we have to assault him back. Accidental skate to the throat?

But Yes I take back hitting toews... just said it since he's their best and Daniel was our best
WHATCHU GONNA DO WHEN MILLERMANIA RUNS WILDDDD ON YOU?!

#100 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:40 AM

POPULAR

If you really want to send a message, leave Keith alone, no talk, no dirty shots. Then someone absolutely lay out Hossa.

#101 Darth Kane

Darth Kane

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,592 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:45 AM

I don't care what happens score wise.

Somebody pull a bertuzzi and end toews career. They knocked out the leagues reigning MVP right before the playoffs, costing us the cup. We have to return the favour... toews only. Not Kane... not Keith not seabrook. We need to end toews career to avenge Daniel. I'll be fine if Keith takes a skate to the throat though and lui posts a shutout

Classy.

When Keith hit Sedin is was in retaliation to a hit Sedin laid on Keith. Keith's actions were still wrong and he deserved the suspension he received. Does ending Toews' career improve anything for the Canucks? No. But I can garauntee you that Bollig would do extactly the same to one of the Sedins. Then what, both teams are missing a star player, would that make you feel better? When Torres gave Seabrook a cheap shop in the playoffs 2 years ago give that give the Blackhawks the right to take out a Canuck of their choice? No.

I've seen a lot of fans say the best way to get revenge is via the scoreboard and that's 100% correct.

rundblad3_zpsc5e56154.png

#102 Steve Carell

Steve Carell

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,666 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:47 AM

The perfect game:

1) Canucks win.
2) Kassian scores a goal then celebrates by punching Keith in the face???

#103 Edlerberry

Edlerberry

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:49 AM

isn't this a PGDT ?

GARRISON WITH A HATTRICK AND 10 ASSISTS.
July 7-2013

Toronto will take a step back next year.
Feel free to quote me.

July 8-2013

Wow I can't believe peoples replies...
Im done here. You people are disgusting..

#104 Darth Kane

Darth Kane

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,592 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:50 AM

If you really want to send a message, leave Keith alone, no talk, no dirty shots. Then someone absolutely lay out Hossa.

And you wonder why Canucks fans have a bad reputation around the league. I live in Vancouver so I know there are more great Canucks fans then guys like this (and the guy who gave him a +1). You are seriosuly advocating hurting a player or ending his career? That's wrong on so many levels and you need to seriously re-evaluate your moral code. There have been plenty of players that have hurt Blackhawks, but I don't want one of our guys to go goon it up and permanently injure somebody.

#105 spentral

spentral

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:23 PM

cant wait for this game!!! always good playing the blackhawks!!! should be the highlight of the early season so far. great test for the canucks, who i will predict winning 4-2, over a chicago squad coming off of their 1st loss. hopefully its a clean game, but hard fought and hopefully a little gritty. i personally think luongo should be in net, gotta play the hot hand. disagree with everyone calling for headhunting or injuries, although i personally endorse finishing every check and clean, brutally vicious open ice hits. focusing on getting even, WILL ruin our chances of winning this game, and winning this game could be a huge step to developing an identity for the rest of the season. matching up against their bottom 4 D will be crucial, as i think with so much potential animosity that quenville may not opt to play keith for 26 mins. in any case, should be a good game!!!

#106 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:35 PM

POPULAR

And you wonder why Canucks fans have a bad reputation around the league. I live in Vancouver so I know there are more great Canucks fans then guys like this (and the guy who gave him a +1). You are seriosuly advocating hurting a player or ending his career? That's wrong on so many levels and you need to seriously re-evaluate your moral code. There have been plenty of players that have hurt Blackhawks, but I don't want one of our guys to go goon it up and permanently injure somebody.

And YOU wonder why real hockey teams like Chicago, LA, and Boston keep beating us to a pulp and tossing us out of the playoffs, with zero fight on our part.

Sorry, but I'm sick of the whole "roll over and die" attitude. Totally feeble style of hockey.
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

http://forum.canucks...in-this-change/

#107 luckylager

luckylager

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:00 PM

And YOU wonder why real hockey teams like Chicago, LA, and Boston keep beating us to a pulp and tossing us out of the playoffs, with zero fight on our part.

Sorry, but I'm sick of the whole "roll over and die" attitude. Totally feeble style of hockey.

Totally, yet some are blind to the cruel reality of hockey... Why do these pacifist think the game is soccer? The league failed to discipline so retribution is in order here. I don't advocate ending anyone's career but I really need to see the Hawks pay. However, they're pro's and sadly I doubt we'll see much "running around".

Edit: And why do they think we traded for Kassian, signed Vandermeer and are skating Volps? Maybe because MG understands "hockey" and recognizes our past failings are really a toughness issue. Opposition players will be less likely to take liberties when they know the price will be payed on the ice and not at the bank.

Edited by luckylager, 31 January 2013 - 01:05 PM.

#108 Darth Kane

Darth Kane

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,592 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:08 PM

I don't wonder that at all, I know you guys need to get tougher but you don't do it by targeting other stars and ending their careers. Gillis needs to acquire some tough physical players who can check and be rough within the limits of the game.When we won the Cup Byfuglien was successfull at being physical force without ending anyone's career.

#109 Edlerberry

Edlerberry

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:09 PM

If Luongo wins with under 2 goals against... he's not going anywhere
July 7-2013

Toronto will take a step back next year.
Feel free to quote me.

July 8-2013

Wow I can't believe peoples replies...
Im done here. You people are disgusting..

#110 luckylager

luckylager

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:14 PM

If Luongo wins with under 2 goals against... he's not going anywhere

I still question if he'll be going anywhere (this year) at all. He's worth a lot more than a bag of pucks and some waterbottles.

#111 poetica

poetica

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,467 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:21 PM

Didn't see anyone else posting this...

Karin Larsen@CBCLarsen
Luongo gets 3rd straight start Friday vs CHI, Schneider "I don't cry myself to sleep when things don't go my way." #cbc

Haven't seen anyone else report it yet, so I'm not sure where she's getting that information. But that would be interesting....
Go, Canucks, Go!
Every single one of them.

Thanks for the memories, Luo! :'(

#112 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:23 PM

When I played I remember the times I got laid out by A clean body check. I don't really remember any specific chirps.

I believe the biggest message you can send is a clean devastating body check

Ask Towes if he remembers who Willie Mitchell is.

#2 biggest message is a big time beating in a fight. I will always remember the guy that hit me the hardest every time I fish dental floss threw my bridge.

Edited by Noheart, 31 January 2013 - 01:28 PM.

Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#113 luckylager

luckylager

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:26 PM

I dont know man, When I played I remember the times I got laid out buy A clean body check. I don't really remember and specific chirps.

I believe the biggest message you can send is a clean devastating body check

Ask Towes if he remembers who Willie Mitchell is.

#2 biggest message is a big time beating in a fight. I will always remember the guy that hit me the hardest every time I fish dental floss threw my bridge.

And that's the way it is /\

#114 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,834 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:28 PM

Didn't see anyone else posting this...

Haven't seen anyone else report it yet, so I'm not sure where she's getting that information. But that would be interesting....

Gah, and I'm one of the believers that this isn't even really a controversy, but his 3rd straight start indicates otherwise. Mind you, he's now played against LA, a divisional opponent in COL, and now a rival in CHI ... these aren't necessarily selective starts.

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#115 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:42 PM

Hey Darth, you must be pretty stoked Luongo is startin eh??
Posted Image

#116 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,725 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:47 PM

I just want Kassian to destroy Keith all night for that elbow and his chirp in Kassian last year.

We should tweet him and make sure he gets the job done haha

Edited by TheGame., 31 January 2013 - 01:48 PM.

Posted Image

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#117 Darth Kane

Darth Kane

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,592 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:51 PM

Hey Darth, you must be pretty stoked Luongo is startin eh??

Ya, I'd prefer to face Luongo since the game is in Vancouver. Against us Lou seems to play better in Chicago for some reason. Either way though, you guys have two good goalies and I doubt either one would cost you the game.

#118 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:59 PM

Ya, I'd prefer to face Luongo since the game is in Vancouver. Against us Lou seems to play better in Chicago for some reason. Either way though, you guys have two good goalies and I doubt either one would cost you the game.

Personally, I would be a lot more confident if Schneider was starting Friday night. But Luongo has been really good lately so I understand the decision. Looking forward to the game, hoping its a good battle and that we(the canucks) can compete(usually our early season games against your hawks is a lopsided loss).
Posted Image

#119 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:08 PM

I said lay him out, not Mcsorely him.

#120 Darth Kane

Darth Kane

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,592 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:22 PM

I said lay him out, not Mcsorely him.

So you want to lay out a guy with a history of serious concussions and you expect him to walk away unscathed? I'm sure your comments were in the heat of the moment and you were feeding off of some other posts. But it sounds like there are a lot of Canucks fans on this board that want a see a Blackhawk permanently injured. A comment was made that hcokey is not soccer, this is very true but hockey is not UFC either. Let's not make a mockery out of our great game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.