1051 replies to this topic

#121 luckylager

luckylager

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:14 PM

So you want to lay out a guy with a history of serious concussions and you expect him to walk away unscathed? I'm sure your comments were in the heat of the moment and you were feeding off of some other posts. But it sounds like there are a lot of Canucks fans on this board that want a see a Blackhawk permanently injured. A comment was made that hcokey is not soccer, this is very true but hockey is not UFC either. Let's not make a mockery out of our great game.

Yes, I said hockey is not soccer. But if you read the whole post you'd see that I'm not in favour of ending a players career , just getting revenge for a flagrant attempt at injuring one of our best players. A vicious but clean body check or ass-kicking is all I'm asking for here champ.

#122 Darth Kane

Darth Kane

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:40 PM

POPULAR

Yes, I said hockey is not soccer. But if you read the whole post you'd see that I'm not in favour of ending a players career , just getting revenge for a flagrant attempt at injuring one of our best players. A vicious but clean body check or ass-kicking is all I'm asking for here champ.

I have no issue with clean checks and being physical within the confines of the game. But we both know that's not what people are asking for in this thread. I wasn't calling you out on your post, I was just trying to say that hockey is more physical than soccer, but it's not like UFC either. I have no issue with the Canucks, I usually cheer for them when they're not playing Chicago. But some of the comments are just plain wrong:

"Anyone saying don't stoop their level is the problem. You better hit and take some cheap hits on them all night to send a message."

"I don't care what happens score wise. Somebody pull a bertuzzi and end toews career."

"If you really want to send a message, leave Keith alone, no talk, no dirty shots. Then someone absolutely lay out Hossa."

"Duncan Keith leaving on a stretcher would be worth losing the game imo."

"Doesn't matter if Keith agrees to the fight, Just drop the gloves and keep Vancouver neurologists employed."

By no means do I think these comments reflect all or even the majority of Canucks fan, but they go beyond the boundries of a good rivalry. We are fans of 2 great teams and we've had the best rivalry in hockey over the past few years. I'm all for trash talking and chirping back and forth, but not like this. Would anyone here have the guts to tell Keith to his face that he hopes he leaves the game on a stretcher?

Edited by Darth Kane, 31 January 2013 - 03:51 PM.

rundblad3_zpsc5e56154.png

#123 apollo

apollo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,048 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:50 PM

I have no issue with clean checks and being physical within the confines of the game. But we both know that's not what people are asking for in this thread. I wasn't calling you out on your post, I was just trying to say that hockey is more physical than soccer, but it's not like UFC either. I have no issue with the Canucks, I usually cheer for them when they're not playing Chicago. But some of the comments are just plain wrong:

"Anyone saying don't stoop their level is the problem. You better hit and take some cheap hits on them all night to send a message."

"I don't care what happens score wise. Somebody pull a bertuzzi and end toews career."

"If you really want to send a message, leave Keith alone, no talk, no dirty shots. Then someone absolutely lay out Hossa."

"Doesn't matter if Keith agrees to the fight, Just drop the gloves and keep Vancouver neurologists employed."

By no means do I think these comments reflect all or even the majority of Canucks fan, but they go beyond the boundries of a good rivalry. We are fans of 2 great teams and we've had the best rivalry in hockey over the past few years. I'm all for trash talking and chirping back and forth, but like this. Would anyone here have the guts to tell Keith ti his face that he hopes he leaves the game on a stretcher?

Keith should leave on a stretcher. He cheap shotted one of the most sportsmanlike players in the game. Everyone respects Daniel in the league. Keith is a redneck. He did it right before playoffs... not only that Daniel was the reigning MVP. (Corey Perry won the Hart but he wasn't even nominated for the Lindsay which... Daniel was MVP.)

WHATCHU GONNA DO WHEN MILLERMANIA RUNS WILDDDD ON YOU?!

Florida Panthers GM -  2014-15 Shapheat FHL

#124 Darth Kane

Darth Kane

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:57 PM

Keith should leave on a stretcher. He cheap shotted one of the most sportsmanlike players in the game. Everyone respects Daniel in the league. Keith is a redneck. He did it right before playoffs... not only that Daniel was the reigning MVP. (Corey Perry won the Hart but he wasn't even nominated for the Lindsay which... Daniel was MVP.)

No, not everyone in the league respects Daniel.

Has Burrows ever taken a cheap shot at anyone? Should he leave a game on a stretcher too? I'm not defending what Keith did, he earned his suspension and he served it without complaining. Keith was reacting to a hit Daniel put on him. Daniel's hit wasn't as bad as Keith's but that's what I think Keith was doing. That's the thing about revenge, when does it end. Keith went overboard on his hit, does that make it ok for a Canuck to go overboard on Keith? If it does then you invite the Blackhawks to go overboard on the Canucks and it just keeps going. In a 48 game season you should have a lot more to worry about then getting revenge on something that happened last year.

#125 Industrious1

Industrious1

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:59 PM

We need these points so bad...I hope our boys spend more time playing hockey and less time chasing players around.

I want to make it to the playoffs so we can meet Chicago again and beat them where it really matters.

#126 apollo

apollo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,048 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:02 PM

Has Burrows ever taken a cheap shot at anyone? Should he leave a game on a stretcher too? I'm not defending what Keith did, he earned his suspension and he served it without complaining. Keith was reacting to a hit Daniel put on him. Daniel's hit wasn't as bad as Keith's but that's what I think Keith was doing. That's the thing about revenge, when does it end. Keith went overboard on his hit, does that make it ok for a Canuck to go overboard on Keith? If it does then you invite the Blackhawks to go overboard on the Canucks and it just keeps going. In a 48 game season you should have a lot more to worry about then getting revenge on something that happened last year.

You don't assault the leagues reigning MVP when he is no were near the Puck, take him out of the playoffs (the important first three games), and serve five games. Shanny is a complete idiot for only handing five games. If we are smart we won't retaliate until our last meeting of the season.

Edited by apollo, 31 January 2013 - 04:03 PM.

#127 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,207 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:03 PM

By no means do I think these comments reflect all or even the majority of Canucks fan, but they go beyond the boundries of a good rivalry. We are fans of 2 great teams and we've had the best rivalry in hockey over the past few years. I'm all for trash talking and chirping back and forth, but not like this. Would anyone here have the guts to tell Keith to his face that he hopes he leaves the game on a stretcher?

I'll play DA for a moment.

Why not? What is he going to do?
Posted Image

#128 Darth Kane

Darth Kane

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:14 PM

You don't assault the leagues reigning MVP when he is no were near the Puck, take him out of the playoffs (the important first three games), and serve five games. Shanny is a complete idiot for only handing five games. If we are smart we won't retaliate until our last meeting of the season.

I won't argue with you there, Keith's actions were uncalled for. I was expecting him to get 5-10 games and I wouldn't have complained if he got 10.

The best retaliation would be to beat the Hawks on the score board. If you want to deter another team from abusing your players why does it have to be via a cheap shot and injure a player for the long term? If the Canucks play a physical came and stick up for themselves then they won't have a problem, but some players on the team allow other teams to push them around.

#129 vannuxforlife

vannuxforlife

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,332 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:20 PM

I just want the win.

#130 apollo

apollo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,048 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:24 PM

I won't argue with you there, Keith's actions were uncalled for. I was expecting him to get 5-10 games and I wouldn't have complained if he got 10.

The best retaliation would be to beat the Hawks on the score board. If you want to deter another team from abusing your players why does it have to be via a cheap shot and injure a player for the long term? If the Canucks play a physical came and stick up for themselves then they won't have a problem, but some players on the team allow other teams to push them around.

Fair enough. My post was something I said in the moment and I can see it from your standpoint. It's hockey...there are always guys like Keith... chara... burrows... bertuzzi... pronger etc that you would love to have on your team and absolutely hate to play against.

That being said, if you look at it as a canucks fan point of view... all we see is a guy cheap shot our best offensive weapon which arguably cost us the series vs the Kkings and ultimately the cup.

Obviously a stretcher exit for Keith is going too far. With all that being said, any true canucks fan wants to see something happen to prove to us that our team is actually willing to stand up for one another. Especially after everything we've seen the past six years.

#131 vannuxforlife

vannuxforlife

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,332 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:25 PM

Everyone knows this is the key right? That's what 2011 was. Teams put us on the powerplay, we scored. When the goals dried up against Boston that's when everything fell apart and the "weak" attitude started being argued by some.

#132 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,877 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:26 PM

Let's not make a mockery out of our great game.

Tell that to Keith, that flying elbow was the furthest thing from a hockey play. Keith has it coming, he can either drop the gloves when he gets cornered and face his punishment like a man, or he can get drilled into the end-boards when fetching a puck. I'd be satisfied with either.

Edited by Ossi Vaananen, 31 January 2013 - 04:28 PM.

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#133 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,217 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:29 PM

I agree, I don't want to see anything Bertuzzi esque all though I'm hoping that someone gives Keith a few nice hits. A fight against Kassian would be a dream for me. But I don't think Keith will fight him myself.

No I can't recall one, and if he did it wasn't near the level of Keith's. And Keith should have gotten more than 5 meaningless games, I think the NHL would agree to that too in hindsight.

No I disagree, that was the mentality against Boston and our powerplay was terrible and we were getting beat up in the scrums rather than sticking up for ourselves like we should have.

No need to go overboard but we are going to stick up for ourselves and Keith shouldn't go untouched tomorrow.

zackass.png

#134 Kassian's Face

Kassian's Face

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:39 PM

If you really want to send a message, leave Keith alone, no talk, no dirty shots. Then someone absolutely lay out Hossa.

I lol'd. Then I thought I about it. You sir are one deviously smart cookie. remind me not to piss you off.

I think Vancouver is going to lose because of penalties. I think it will be a great game for both teams, but I have a feeling its going to be as penalty fest on both sides, we will have trouble capitalizing, and eventually they will get the go ahead goal.
(probably with only seconds left after we have a 2 goal lead)

#135 Darth Kane

Darth Kane

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:46 PM

Fair enough. My post was something I said in the moment and I can see it from your standpoint. It's hockey...there are always guys like Keith... chara... burrows... bertuzzi... pronger etc that you would love to have on your team and absolutely hate to play against.

That being said, if you look at it as a canucks fan point of view... all we see is a guy cheap shot our best offensive weapon which arguably cost us the series vs the Kkings and ultimately the cup.

Obviously a stretcher exit for Keith is going too far. With all that being said, any true canucks fan wants to see something happen to prove to us that our team is actually willing to stand up for one another. Especially after everything we've seen the past six years.

A lot of your players get pushed around, no doubt about it. But I think they need to stand up for themselves a bit more, especially the Sedins. I don't expect them to become power forwards or fight, but they can push back a bit at least. I keep thinking back to Marchand punching one of the Sedins in the face right infront of the ref. He should have stood up for himself there.

So say that Keith cost the Canucks the Cup because of the elbow is a bit of a strectch. I acknowledge that your team would have been a lot better with Daniel in the line-up, but you lost the series in 5 games, it wasn't like it was that close. Even if you beat LA who knows what would have happened in the remaining 3 series. But I feel your pain in this one, when Torres put out Hossa in the playoffs last year if really killed the team.

#136 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 70,533 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:49 PM

Will we see something like this tomorrow night?

307mg00.jpg

#137 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,779 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:55 PM

Classy.

When Keith hit Sedin is was in retaliation to a hit Sedin laid on Keith. Keith's actions were still wrong and he deserved the suspension he received. Does ending Toews' career improve anything for the Canucks? No. But I can garauntee you that Bollig would do extactly the same to one of the Sedins. Then what, both teams are missing a star player, would that make you feel better? When Torres gave Seabrook a cheap shop in the playoffs 2 years ago give that give the Blackhawks the right to take out a Canuck of their choice? No.

I've seen a lot of fans say the best way to get revenge is via the scoreboard and that's 100% correct.

I don't condone any of this retaliation crap but Keith didn't get the suspension he deserved. He deserved 5-10 easy for that. Not a lousy 1 game just because playoffs were around the corner.

"What players need is the right kind of strength and power. That includes learning to understand that leverage and positioning can be just as important as raw strength when it comes to winning battles in the game. It's more about timing and athleticism --and avoiding injury--than it is about how much you can bench press. I don't know how many times I've seen a guy with the physique of a defensive end line up a guy half his size, only to bounce off when he connects. Sure, there is room in the game for big guys who can throw their weight around. But for the most part, players are smart enough to see them coming--and strong enough to protect the puck when they arrive. There are trainers out there who know how to devlop hockey-specific strength--though a trainer can help only if a player follows the program. All too often, I've seen players sign up with the best trainer, but not show up for their workouts and never to reap the benefits."

Bobby Orr - ORR MY STORY Viking 2013

#138 vannuxforlife

vannuxforlife

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,332 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:57 PM

A lot of your players get pushed around, no doubt about it. But I think they need to stand up for themselves a bit more, especially the Sedins. I don't expect them to become power forwards or fight, but they can push back a bit at least. I keep thinking back to Marchand punching one of the Sedins in the face right infront of the ref. He should have stood up for himself there.

see now you've lost me. I COMPLETELY disagree with you on this one. Think back to some of those Canucks/Hawks series when the Sedins WOULD retaliate to Bolland the whole talk was they shouldn't bite and end up in box.

Marchand punching Daniel in face should've been a penalty. That the ref waited for Daniel to respond and gave him a 10 was just one of the many examples of just pure absurdity there that proves nothing would've helped.

#139 Nuckaluck

Nuckaluck

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:58 PM

I don't condone any of this retaliation crap but Keith didn't get the suspension he deserved. He deserved 5-10 easy for that. Not a lousy 1 game just because playoffs were around the corner.

But... he got 5, not 1. Regards N.

Edited by Nuckaluck, 31 January 2013 - 04:59 PM.

#140 Darth Kane

Darth Kane

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:58 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCCR0PcT4_E

I remember that game...wasn't it one of Burrows' first hair pulling incidents? :lol:

#141 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 70,533 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:00 PM

@ChrisKuc
Asked #Blackhawks' Duncan Keith about expected reception in Vancouver: "I don’t care about anything … other than playing hockey.” #Canucks

307mg00.jpg

#142 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,779 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:06 PM

But... he got 5, not 1. Regards N.

Yeah I realized that when I got to lower posts. I guess I remember the number 1 because i think he served 1 game in the playoffs when he should have been out for the entire round or at least the first 4 games. However it went I was absolutely shocked and appalled by the lack of proper discipline showed by the NHL.

Edited by Dogbyte, 31 January 2013 - 05:07 PM.

"What players need is the right kind of strength and power. That includes learning to understand that leverage and positioning can be just as important as raw strength when it comes to winning battles in the game. It's more about timing and athleticism --and avoiding injury--than it is about how much you can bench press. I don't know how many times I've seen a guy with the physique of a defensive end line up a guy half his size, only to bounce off when he connects. Sure, there is room in the game for big guys who can throw their weight around. But for the most part, players are smart enough to see them coming--and strong enough to protect the puck when they arrive. There are trainers out there who know how to devlop hockey-specific strength--though a trainer can help only if a player follows the program. All too often, I've seen players sign up with the best trainer, but not show up for their workouts and never to reap the benefits."

Bobby Orr - ORR MY STORY Viking 2013

#143 Nuckaluck

Nuckaluck

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:10 PM

Fair enough.  I think what you are remembering is he was suspended for 5 with seven regular season games remaining.  The talk here was it would have been 10, if that did not push it into the post-season.

Regards

N.

#144 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:12 PM

I would rather win. It's the win that really hurts them at the end of the day. The bigger the margin the better. If anything kicks off as it did in Boston last year I am sure we will give a good account of ourselves.
Kevin.jpg

#145 Sugar baby watermelon

Sugar baby watermelon

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,376 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:19 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCCR0PcT4_E

Man, games like this are what make Canucks Blackhawks games so fun to watch!!! Everyone jumps on the Anti-Canucks bandwagon because Toews says its cool to do,hahahahahaha, we'll see what happens Friday. Too bad they still didnt have stink Byfuglien or that tool Eager playing for them, those tools

#146 drdeath

drdeath

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 23,084 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:36 PM

For all this talk of who's going to get Keith I'd love to see Daniel give him the crosscheck of the century. Other than that I just hope the team focuses on the 2 points. You know Lou is going to be ready to go, hopefully everyone else is too.

aXmDa9t.gif

#147 PuckProphet

PuckProphet

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:38 PM

Fair enough. I think what you are remembering is he was suspended for 5 with seven regular season games remaining. The talk here was it would have been 10, if that did not push it into the post-season.

Regards

N.

All is fair in love and hockey so i am sure the players will do as their conscience dictates... A spirited affair 4 sure

Edited by PuckProphet, 31 January 2013 - 05:58 PM.

#148 Nas19

Nas19

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:05 PM

I just want Keith to step up and take responsibility for his actions by fighting someone. If he does that I'll be satisfied. I'm actually worried that Kassian is going to do something stupid. Kassian has been one of our better forwards to start this season and I don't want him doing something stupid that gets him suspended. Kass is a bit crazy so I could see him doing something stupid that he will later regret.

If Keith steps up and fights someone and we win, I'll be happy.

#149 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,933 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:06 PM

I dont care what you or anyone outside of Vancouver says, I want Keith hurt by the end of the game regardless of the score.

Im not saying a Canuck 'Bertuzzi's him, but he will have to answer for that blatant intentional cheap shot at the head of our leading scorer that jeopardized our season.

I want everyone on the Canucks (Sedins included) to take healthy runs at him ALL GAME. If he doesnt drop the gloves with Bieksa or anyone, Toews and Kane should have a huge targets on their back.

This is the type of games thats more important than the 2 points, this is where a team's reputations is made.

#150 luckylager

luckylager

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:14 PM

Wow, what an awesome GDT! It's gettin' heated out there eh Darth! :frantic:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.