The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks vs Blackhawks 02/01/13 @Home

Strombone1

I don't care what happens score wise.

Somebody pull a bertuzzi and end toews career. They knocked out the leagues reigning MVP right before the playoffs, costing us the cup. We have to return the favour... toews only. Not Kane... not Keith not seabrook. We need to end toews career to avenge Daniel. I'll be fine if Keith takes a skate to the throat though and lui posts a shutout

cant wait for this game!!! always good playing the blackhawks!!! should be the highlight of the early season so far. great test for the canucks, who i will predict winning 4-2, over a chicago squad coming off of their 1st loss. hopefully its a clean game, but hard fought and hopefully a little gritty. i personally think luongo should be in net, gotta play the hot hand. disagree with everyone calling for headhunting or injuries, although i personally endorse finishing every check and clean, brutally vicious open ice hits. focusing on getting even, WILL ruin our chances of winning this game, and winning this game could be a huge step to developing an identity for the rest of the season. matching up against their bottom 4 D will be crucial, as i think with so much potential animosity that quenville may not opt to play keith for 26 mins. in any case, should be a good game!!!

And you wonder why Canucks fans have a bad reputation around the league. I live in Vancouver so I know there are more great Canucks fans then guys like this (and the guy who gave him a +1). You are seriosuly advocating hurting a player or ending his career? That's wrong on so many levels and you need to seriously re-evaluate your moral code. There have been plenty of players that have hurt Blackhawks, but I don't want one of our guys to go goon it up and permanently injure somebody.

Anyone saying don't stoop their level is the problem. You better hit and take some cheap hits on them all night to send a message. Run the goalie into the zambonie, Playing the between whistle and no chirping and scrums doesn't send any message.

I dont know man, When I played I remember the times I got laid out buy A clean body check. I don't really remember and specific chirps.

I believe the biggest message you can send is a clean devastating body check

Ask Towes if he remembers who Willie Mitchell is.

#2 biggest message is a big time beating in a fight. I will always remember the guy that hit me the hardest every time I fish dental floss threw my bridge.

And you wonder why Canucks fans have a bad reputation around the league. I live in Vancouver so I know there are more great Canucks fans then guys like this (and the guy who gave him a +1). You are seriosuly advocating hurting a player or ending his career? That's wrong on so many levels and you need to seriously re-evaluate your moral code. There have been plenty of players that have hurt Blackhawks, but I don't want one of our guys to go goon it up and permanently injure somebody.

Archived