The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks vs Blackhawks 02/01/13 @Home

Strombone1

I would rather win. It's the win that really hurts them at the end of the day. The bigger the margin the better. If anything kicks off as it did in Boston last year I am sure we will give a good account of ourselves.

For all this talk of who's going to get Keith I'd love to see Daniel give him the crosscheck of the century. Other than that I just hope the team focuses on the 2 points. You know Lou is going to be ready to go, hopefully everyone else is too.

I just want Keith to step up and take responsibility for his actions by fighting someone. If he does that I'll be satisfied. I'm actually worried that Kassian is going to do something stupid. Kassian has been one of our better forwards to start this season and I don't want him doing something stupid that gets him suspended. Kass is a bit crazy so I could see him doing something stupid that he will later regret.

If Keith steps up and fights someone and we win, I'll be happy.

I have no issue with clean checks and being physical within the confines of the game. But we both know that's not what people are asking for in this thread. I wasn't calling you out on your post, I was just trying to say that hockey is more physical than soccer, but it's not like UFC either. I have no issue with the Canucks, I usually cheer for them when they're not playing Chicago. But some of the comments are just plain wrong:

"Anyone saying don't stoop their level is the problem. You better hit and take some cheap hits on them all night to send a message."

"I don't care what happens score wise. Somebody pull a bertuzzi and end toews career."

"If you really want to send a message, leave Keith alone, no talk, no dirty shots. Then someone absolutely lay out Hossa."

"Duncan Keith leaving on a stretcher would be worth losing the game imo."

"Doesn't matter if Keith agrees to the fight, Just drop the gloves and keep Vancouver neurologists employed."

By no means do I think these comments reflect all or even the majority of Canucks fan, but they go beyond the boundries of a good rivalry. We are fans of 2 great teams and we've had the best rivalry in hockey over the past few years. I'm all for trash talking and chirping back and forth, but not like this. Would anyone here have the guts to tell Keith to his face that he hopes he leaves the game on a stretcher?

I dont care what you or anyone outside of Vancouver says, I want Keith hurt by the end of the game regardless of the score.

Im not saying a Canuck 'Bertuzzi's him, but he will have to answer for that blatant intentional cheap shot at the head of our leading scorer that jeopardized our season.

I want everyone on the Canucks (Sedins included) to take healthy runs at him ALL GAME. If he doesnt drop the gloves with Bieksa or anyone, Toews and Kane should have a huge targets on their back.

This is the type of games thats more important than the 2 points, this is where a team's reputations is made.

Archived