56 replies to this topic

#1 Drew1

Drew1

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:16 PM

Do you guys remember when duncan keith trash talked Kass trying to make him feel bad , same game he hit Daniel , Garry Valk is right , our team isnt scared or intimidated by anyone , and Zack has changed this team , a 22 year old kid (Absolute Stud) has changed the way we play , teams used to try and bully us , haha NOT NO MORE. Volpatti is a wrecking ball when he hits , I cant wait for the chicago game man , keith is a marked man .

ps : Did you guys hear Ian Mac during the intermission say that the Canucks would redo the Kassian trade every single time :)

I hope Kass dominates next game

Please leave your comments and only positive ones

#2 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:18 PM

I like the optimism and positive energy, but let me be the first to say that nobody will touch Keith. I know you said positive posts only, but then whats the point of a "discussion" board? :P
Posted Image

#3 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:20 PM

POPULAR

A little off topic but do you have to put a space on either side of a comma?
Cause if so, I have been doing it wrong my entire life.

Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#4 Brick Tamland

Brick Tamland

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,260 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:20 PM

I think the locker room statement is finish every check on Keith within the rule book.
I Love Lamp...

#5 LeanBeef

LeanBeef

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,214 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:24 PM

Bollig, Brookbank, and Mayers will be in the lineup as well... Perfect time to call up Vandermeer? Nah
Sig too big.
"Being a Canuck fan, maybe sometime down the road be a Vancouver Canuck.... that would conquer all my dreams"
-Milan Lucic

#6 Durl Dixsun

Durl Dixsun

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:26 PM

I miss Hodgson

Posted Image

#7 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,713 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:26 PM

Kassian cannot be used as an enforcer as he is far too valuable for that.
One concussion and this kid is brain injured and heading down the trajectory.
Gillis better get some bigger forwards in lieu of the soft/small ones that remain on this team.

#8 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:30 PM

I miss Hodgson

ikr

;)
Posted Image

#9 pwnstar

pwnstar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,311 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:36 PM

A little off topic but do you have to put a space on either side of a comma?
Cause if so, I have been doing it wrong my entire life.

It's optional, so says my english professor.

Posted Image

#10 James van Riemsdyk

James van Riemsdyk

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:38 PM

Gillis better get some bigger forwards in lieu of the soft/small ones that remain on this team.

Kassian doesn't get concussions he gives them out like candy. " Hey Dunks-aroos, you want to fight? Here have a concussion"

GameCentre the next day " Duncan Keith out indefinitely for the season"

Get it done Kassian.
Posted Image
Edmonton Oilers CHL AGM
Edmontion Oilers SRHL Commissioner/GM

#11 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,798 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:40 PM

I don't put too much emphasis on one player because it just sets things up for a letdown. I don't know that it's Zack that's changed the team and have a feeling that the direction was changing and resulted in seeking out someone like Zack to be part of that gameplan. I am honestly convinced that there was approval to unleash and go back to old school hockey...they've tried the conservative, play by the book way and it didn't get them anywhere. Sure, skill and finesse is great but if you get pulled away from that, you have to have plan B. Other teams were allowed to run over us and it's time to fight back, so Zack's a good piece in that.

Duncan Teeth needs to become part of the boards.

Posted Image

#12 Pistachios

Pistachios

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,892 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:40 PM

Canucks need to win. Play hard between the whistles and if anyone challenges them they have plenty of guys who can step up.

G4fSut.gif

#13 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,729 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:41 PM

Thats's weird, I remembered that randomly today while I was watching the game haha, can't wait for the game.

Posted Image

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#14 Pineapples

Pineapples

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,950 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:52 PM

I definitely want to see someone go after keith, but not in a cheap shot way. A fight that keith gets destroyed in would be more satisfying, and would send a message. Keith got no punishment for an action that should have gotten him thrown out of the league. Players need to step up and teach punks like keith a lesson.

Also, the crowd needs to boo every time he touches the puck.

Pineapple_jumps.gifPineapple_jumps.gif

#15 Qanux

Qanux

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:52 PM

POPULAR

Let's not re-live the Bertuzzi incident, okay? Yeah, Keith's elbow was dirty, and Daniel's injury cost us in the playoffs, but that's over with. It's a new season. If Keith answers the bell and fights, that's fine. If not, I hope nobody force him to by doing anything stupid. Line brawls and injuries are not fun to watch and makes me sick to my stomach.

#16 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:01 AM

You mean like when he traded CoHo for Kassian?

Kassian.... Taylor Pyatt 3.0

Lies. He's more of a Steve Bernier. Hopefully his talent level goes up so he can become like a Taylor Pyatt.

#17 JelloIce

JelloIce

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:06 AM

Let's not re-live the Bertuzzi incident, okay? Yeah, Keith's elbow was dirty, and Daniel's injury cost us in the playoffs, but that's over with. It's a new season. If Keith answers the bell and fights, that's fine. If not, I hope nobody force him to by doing anything stupid. Line brawls and injuries are not fun to watch and makes me sick to my stomach.

Well said. At the end of the day, revenge is just a cute word for continuing the cycle of douchebaggery. I believe, or would at least hope to believe, that we are better than that.

On the topic of Kassian though, I loved his goal today. He's showing that he is indeed a very talented young player, but what really amazed me was how simple he's keeping his game. How many players, veterans included, would just skate up to the empty zone and wait? The kid doesn't bang his stick, doesn't push around, nor is he looking around frantically for a check. Is he eager? Yes. Does that get in the way? Nope, he just waits there. Stick on ice -> goal.

Edited by JelloIce, 31 January 2013 - 12:32 AM.

#18 Drew1

Drew1

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:15 AM

Thats the thing , we didnt bring Kassian in to be a goon , We brought him here to be Amazing. He has all the talent in the world , and he is playing with the Sedins because of his talent .

I love KASS!!!

#19 Amish Rake Fighter

Amish Rake Fighter

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,472 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:40 AM

Bollig, Brookbank, and Mayers will be in the lineup as well... Perfect time to call up Vandermeer? Nah

doubt it, it will either be Mayers or Bollig and Roszival will probably slot in ahead of Brookbank if the past is any indication

Edited by Amish Rake Fighter, 31 January 2013 - 12:45 AM.

#20 Mad_Duck

Mad_Duck

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:41 AM

I want Kieth so terrified watching for Kass or Volpatti to smoke him that he doesn't even notice the clean, pelvis-shattering hip check delivered by Ballard until it's too late.
I put the F U in Fun!

Posted Image

#21 wallstreetamigo

wallstreetamigo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,460 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:51 AM

As much as I would love to see it, I highly doubt anyone will go after Keith to fight. It would be even less likely that even if they did that he would accept. The Canucks will stay the course and the reasoning will be that it is a short season so they cannot waste any points trying to exact revenge. As a fan wanting to see my team make the playoffs and win the cup, I agree with that. But I won't lie, as a fan of hockey who believes you answer the bell when you dish out a cheap shot and that players defend their teammate, it disappoints me.

#22 wallstreetamigo

wallstreetamigo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,460 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:54 AM

I want Kieth so terrified watching for Kass or Volpatti to smoke him that he doesn't even notice the clean, pelvis-shattering hip check delivered by Ballard until it's too late.

I could live with this. At least we know that despite not being a great fighter, Ballard would face the music for doing so and willingly fight.

Edited by wallstreetamigo, 31 January 2013 - 12:54 AM.

#23 vwnuck

vwnuck

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,071 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:57 AM

Thats the thing , we didnt bring Kassian in to be a goon , We brought him here to be Amazing. He has all the talent in the world , and he is playing with the Sedins because of his talent .

I love KASS!!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#24 Provost

Provost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,806 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:01 AM

I don't know that we particularly have to get bigger forwards... we are pretty decent in that category right now (well when Kesler and Booth get back it is an improvement over Schroeder and Raymond). Maybe a reasonably tough guy for the 3rd line at most.

We could certainly use a little beef on the back end though, our defence is not exactly causing any worry for opposing forwards coming into our zone.

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian
Booth-Kesler-Burrows
Higgins-Lapierre-Hansen
Volpatti-Malhotra-Weise

(guys that can drop the mitts in bold)

Kesler isn't a fighter really compared to real tough guys, but he is a decent one for a top 6 guy and he isn't going to be putting himself out of the lineup unless he is taking out another 30 goal scorer. He and Iginla have gone at it pretty good. Our third line is the only one without a legitimate pugilist to keep guys honest.

On the back end, Ballard is probably our best fighter followed up by Bieksa.
Protons have mass? I didn't even know they were Catholic!

#25 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,584 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:00 AM

Why would anyone want our top scorer to be in the penalty box for fighting? Bad idea. I don't mind a good clean check on Keith, but no dirty crap. Like someone said before, finish your checks and keep him on his toes.

#26 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,209 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:00 AM

Complete change of roles this year compared to last. Now the Hawks have far more skill than we do, and the Canucks are the big, tougher team.

I say we lull them into fights, push and shove after scrums and get their star players ducking for cover and off their game any chance we get. Big hits, dirty plays and cheap shots are what won them a Cup, now we'll do the same.
Posted Image

#27 vwnuck

vwnuck

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,071 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:17 AM

I don't know that we particularly have to get bigger forwards... we are pretty decent in that category right now (well when Kesler and Booth get back it is an improvement over Schroeder and Raymond). Maybe a reasonably tough guy for the 3rd line at most.

We could certainly use a little beef on the back end though, our defence is not exactly causing any worry for opposing forwards coming into our zone.

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian
Booth-Kesler-Burrows
Higgins-Lapierre-Hansen
Volpatti-Malhotra-Weise

Kesler isn't a fighter really compared to real tough guys, but he is a decent one for a top 6 guy and he isn't going to be putting himself out of the lineup unless he is taking out another 30 goal scorer. He and Iginla have gone at it pretty good. Our third line is the only one without a legitimate pugilist to keep guys honest.

are you kidding?

Posted Image

Posted Image

#28 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,199 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:18 AM

Wow you complemented him..

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian
Booth-Kesler-Burrows
Higgins-Lapierre-Hansen
Volpatti-Malhotra-Weise

Forgot Lappierre.

zackass.png

#29 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,713 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:32 AM

Go through my post history and you will note I have never knocked Kassian as a person.
I never mocked nor denigrated his past,his family,his character,his intentions nor his agent,as has been done here five thousand times against you -know-who.
His pro playing career was less than spectacular before the last half dozen games.
I have blasted CDC'ers that get their jollies knocking Hodgson,his family and agent as if trashing one player means another is more talented or a better person.
The Canucks may yet need to put Burr back on the first line and Sulzer,Gragnani,Hodgson,Pahlsson,Ellington and two fourth rounders will continue to be conveniently overlooked/trashed when evaluating what was gained.

Edited by nuck nit, 31 January 2013 - 02:07 AM.

#30 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,039 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:00 AM

I came in here expecting this thread to be about King of the ES.

RIP LB RR PD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.