guys that woudl happily drop their gloves against Hawks

Weiss

Volpatti

Kassian

Lappy

Burrows

Bieksa

Ballard

I sure hope there is no Bertuzzi incident, and while I would love Keith's head on a spit, I think we really just need the 2 points and to play a physical game while avoiding injuries. Keith should be man enough to fight at the first request and if he does, I believe that will settle it and we can move on.

he hasnt scored a goal outside of 5 feet from the net and most of them empty nets .... he has to play with the sedins because they are the only ones slow enough he can keep up with and they are the only line mates that require you to just stand in one place infront of the net and wait for the empty net feed.... hes playing like anson carter. smart enough to know if he just goes to the net he will get his tap ins..... problem is sedins make anyone look good but burrows helped them be better by also setting the sedins up for goals and being more involved in the cycle rather than just sittin infront of the net.... both sedin has already been accused of having a slow start but they dont work towards the slot or net anymore due to its always occupied by zack.... im not rippin on zack hes playing good im rippin on all these people who say hes got all this talent hes 1-1 in fights volpatti throws bigger hits and 4 of his 5 goals have been tap ins and has shown 0 play making ability with 0 assists i love kassian too and has huge upside but i think people need to settle down a bit.

he hasnt scored a goal outside of 5 feet from the net and most of them empty nets .... he has to play with the sedins because they are the only ones slow enough he can keep up with and they are the only line mates that require you to just stand in one place infront of the net and wait for the empty net feed.... hes playing like anson carter. smart enough to know if he just goes to the net he will get his tap ins..... problem is sedins make anyone look good but burrows helped them be better by also setting the sedins up for goals and being more involved in the cycle rather than just sittin infront of the net.... both sedin has already been accused of having a slow start but they dont work towards the slot or net anymore due to its always occupied by zack.... im not rippin on zack hes playing good im rippin on all these people who say hes got all this talent hes 1-1 in fights volpatti throws bigger hits and 4 of his 5 goals have been tap ins and has shown 0 play making ability with 0 assists i love kassian too and has huge upside but i think people need to settle down a bit.

I am pleasantly surprised with Kassian's development. I think the lockout gave him the headstart on the season that he needed. Hodgson has more high end offensive skill, period. However, Kassian has the "truculance" that every hockey person in Canada has been saying we lacked the last few years.

With all that being said, I do not think Kassian and Volpatti changed us from being the "weak sisters" to the tough guy team some are implying we now are. Did any of you watch the LA game? When they hustled and worked hard they physically dominated us and left our guys scared along the boards. Yes we are tougher than last year, but we didn't change from being a finesse team to a Bruin's or Flyer's style goon squad. The only difference is the Sedin's are playing with a big body on the wing instead of another small quick guy (that gets punched every whistle). It should help in the short term and once Kes is back we will be a Win machine again.

I am pleasantly surprised with Kassian's development. I think the lockout gave him the headstart on the season that he needed. Hodgson has more high end offensive skill, period. However, Kassian has the "truculance" that every hockey person in Canada has been saying we lacked the last few years.

With all that being said, I do not think Kassian and Volpatti changed us from being the "weak sisters" to the tough guy team some are implying we now are. Did any of you watch the LA game? When they hustled and worked hard they physically dominated us and left our guys scared along the boards. Yes we are tougher than last year, but we didn't change from being a finesse team to a Bruin's or Flyer's style goon squad. The only difference is the Sedin's are playing with a big body on the wing instead of another small quick guy (that gets punched every whistle). It should help in the short term and once Kes is back we will be a Win machine again.

I don't know that we particularly have to get bigger forwards... we are pretty decent in that category right now (well when Kesler and Booth get back it is an improvement over Schroeder and Raymond). Maybe a reasonably tough guy for the 3rd line at most.

We could certainly use a little beef on the back end though, our defence is not exactly causing any worry for opposing forwards coming into our zone.

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

Booth-Kesler-Burrows

Higgins-Lapierre-Hansen

Volpatti-Malhotra-Weise

(guys that can drop the mitts in bold)

Kesler isn't a fighter really compared to real tough guys, but he is a decent one for a top 6 guy and he isn't going to be putting himself out of the lineup unless he is taking out another 30 goal scorer. He and Iginla have gone at it pretty good. Our third line is the only one without a legitimate pugilist to keep guys honest.

On the back end, Ballard is probably our best fighter followed up by Bieksa.

Archived