Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Eat His Words

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
56 replies to this topic

#31 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,979 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:13 AM

The best revenge is to beat the Hawks.

If we can get ome shots in on Keith while doing it, great. But the win is first and foremost.

Edited by DeNiro, 31 January 2013 - 02:13 AM.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#32 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,580 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:16 AM

Go through my post history and you will note I have never knocked Kassian as a person.
I never mocked nor denigrated his past,his family,his character,his intentions nor his agent,as has been done here five thousand times against you -know-who.
His pro playing career was less than spectacular before the last half dozen games.
I have blasted CDC'ers that get their jollies knocking Hodgson,his family and agent as if trashing one player means another is more talented or a better person.
The Canucks may yet need to put Burr back on the first line and Sulzer,Gragnani,Hodgson,Pahlsson,Ellington and two fourth rounders will continue to be conveniently overlooked/trashed when evaluating what was gained.

I'm just kidding around.

I know you never knocked him directly it's just you usually support Kings views (nothing wrong with that) and he always hates on Kassian and the trade.

Nothing more, I know you were never a Kassian hater.

I came in here expecting this thread to be about King of the ES.

As was I.

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 31 January 2013 - 02:16 AM.

zackass.png

#33 brewdog

brewdog

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:22 AM

The best revenge is to beat the Hawks.

If we can get ome shots in on Keith while doing it, great. But the win is first and foremost.

I do hope they don't distract themselves by Chasing down Keith. The time to exact revenge was 8 months ago. I'm sure the only thing Daniel wants is to light up Crawford.

#34 clutesi

clutesi

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:31 AM

I doubt we'll see Bolland taking cheap shots at the Sedins on Friday. I have to say I was one of those people scratching my head when Gillis traded for Kassian. But that trade looks great now and gets better by the day!

#35 Kesler's Nose

Kesler's Nose

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:46 AM

Hodgson is doing a lot worse on Buffalo than he would be if he was still over here in Vancouver... I'm sure if he could redo the trade, he would come back and not have acted like a whiny little baby in the first place. Too late now Cody! lol Enjoy getting traded.... Again! :bigblush:

Edited by Kesler's Nose, 31 January 2013 - 02:47 AM.

"It's an opportunity, we don't look at it as a last chance... We look at it as an opportunity to do something great. We are going to take it period by period, shift by shift. You just have to be better than the guy across from you... Every guy in this locker room I can say believes we can do this." - Ryan Kesler

Posted Image

#36 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:25 AM

Personally, I don't like to see Kass in a fight on a weekly basis. He is going to meet his match soon enough and he is only 22. I don't want to see his promising career blighted by concussion.

I would rather he concentrated on his game and learning from the Sedins and making space for them with his size. I am not against him punishing cheap shots though, if it is instant retribution.
Kevin.jpg

#37 geebster

geebster

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:45 AM

Why would anyone want our top scorer to be in the penalty box for fighting? Bad idea. I don't mind a good clean check on Keith, but no dirty crap. Like someone said before, finish your checks and keep him on his toes.

On that note I wouldnt mind a Willie Mitchell on Toews Hit to repeat on Keith if Kassian is up for it haha. That wasnt dirty or cheap but it was amazing.

#38 tigbond

tigbond

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:54 AM

A little off topic but do you have to put a space on either side of a comma?
Cause if so, I have been doing it wrong my entire life.

No, seriously...that's hard to read. No space before a comma or period.

#39 Scott Hartnell's Mane

Scott Hartnell's Mane

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:22 AM

Thats the thing , we didnt bring Kassian in to be a goon , We brought him here to be Amazing. He has all the talent in the world , and he is playing with the Sedins because of his talent .

I love KASS!!!

We brought him here because our team was as soft as cotton candy. They needed to add a large, looming forward that had a set of balls on him. I loved the Hodgson for Kassian trade from the start, mostly because of the reasons I just mentioned, but I am pleasantly surprised by his offensive output so far. Whether it's Kassian who ushered in the change of attitude on this team or not, we can pretty much eliminate the possibility of anyone else cheap shotting our top guys...at least without the threat of repercussions. I don't necessarily want Keith seriously injured...I'd much rather have him so paranoid that Kass or Volpatti are going to smoke his ass that his game suffers for it, he makes key mistakes with the puck, and those mistakes turn into goals for us.
Posted Image

Well I tell you what Heretic..if Tim Tebow becomes Terry Bradshaw I will shave off all my hair, convert to Christianity, go into the ministry and become a preacher.

#40 Edlerberry

Edlerberry

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:57 AM

EAT THEM!
July 7-2013

Toronto will take a step back next year.
Feel free to quote me.

July 8-2013

Wow I can't believe peoples replies...
Im done here. You people are disgusting..

#41 Zissou

Zissou

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:05 AM

I would much rather be the first team to beat them in regulation than see Keith get smoked. Ideally I would see both though.

#42 Vancity_77

Vancity_77

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:06 AM

A little off topic but do you have to put a space on either side of a comma?
Cause if so, I have been doing it wrong my entire life.

lol , that ' s what you focused on ?
We are our own worst enemy!

#43 DaMacNamedDre

DaMacNamedDre

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:22 AM

Kassian cannot be used as an enforcer as he is far too valuable for that.
One concussion and this kid is brain injured and heading down the trajectory.
Gillis better get some bigger forwards in lieu of the soft/small ones that remain on this team.

agreed, we should have Vandermeer plus one more super thug in the lineup imo.

I would love to see Karma meet Duncan Keith in the form of a stretcher and clean body check.

We still need to get bigger on this team. LA and SanJose manhandled us.

The teams in the East will eat us up unless we add a couple more monsters.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Posted ImageBodee, on 18 April 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I know nothing about NHL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/328055-whats-wrong-with-me
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

#44 DaMacNamedDre

DaMacNamedDre

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:24 AM

the worst thing that could happen for DuncanKeith is Chicago to get a big lead early.

I could see our boys running him if the game gets out of hand, and im 100% ok with that.

Keith deserves a beating.

a savage beating.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Posted ImageBodee, on 18 April 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I know nothing about NHL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/328055-whats-wrong-with-me
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

#45 dorrcoq

dorrcoq

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:45 AM

It's optional, so says my english professor.

Then your English professor is a moron. Did he also teach you not to capitalize "English"?

#46 eretz canucks

eretz canucks

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:31 PM

guys that woudl happily drop their gloves against Hawks

Weiss
Volpatti
Kassian
Lappy
Burrows

Bieksa
Ballard

I sure hope there is no Bertuzzi incident, and while I would love Keith's head on a spit, I think we really just need the 2 points and to play a physical game while avoiding injuries. Keith should be man enough to fight at the first request and if he does, I believe that will settle it and we can move on.

#47 eretz canucks

eretz canucks

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:32 PM

canucks need the 2 points. Get them, that's it. No injuries. Challenge Keith to a fight, do not play dirty.

#48 spentral

spentral

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:36 PM

i agree with scott hartnells mane %100. fear is a mind killer. he will be rushing his passes and quitting in the corners, everyone will be waiting for something to happen. just play hard, finish ALL of your checks, and win the game

#49 chrisbanks

chrisbanks

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:49 PM

Thats the thing , we didnt bring Kassian in to be a goon , We brought him here to be Amazing. He has all the talent in the world , and he is playing with the Sedins because of his talent .

I love KASS!!!

he hasnt scored a goal outside of 5 feet from the net and most of them empty nets .... he has to play with the sedins because they are the only ones slow enough he can keep up with and they are the only line mates that require you to just stand in one place infront of the net and wait for the empty net feed.... hes playing like anson carter. smart enough to know if he just goes to the net he will get his tap ins..... problem is sedins make anyone look good but burrows helped them be better by also setting the sedins up for goals and being more involved in the cycle rather than just sittin infront of the net.... both sedin has already been accused of having a slow start but they dont work towards the slot or net anymore due to its always occupied by zack.... im not rippin on zack hes playing good im rippin on all these people who say hes got all this talent hes 1-1 in fights volpatti throws bigger hits and 4 of his 5 goals have been tap ins and has shown 0 play making ability with 0 assists i love kassian too and has huge upside but i think people need to settle down a bit.

#50 peener

peener

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:54 PM

i hope there is a line brawl and many cheap shots its the only way to get things done around here and if there isnt at least 1 person getting bertuzzi'd i will be upset. take the suspension kassian thank you
Posted Image

Twilight Sparkle rocks the house

#51 LeanBeef

LeanBeef

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:15 PM

doubt it, it will either be Mayers or Bollig and Roszival will probably slot in ahead of Brookbank if the past is any indication

Roszival is injured
Sig too big.
"Being a Canuck fan, maybe sometime down the road be a Vancouver Canuck.... that would conquer all my dreams"
-Milan Lucic

#52 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,668 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:12 PM

he hasnt scored a goal outside of 5 feet from the net and most of them empty nets .... he has to play with the sedins because they are the only ones slow enough he can keep up with and they are the only line mates that require you to just stand in one place infront of the net and wait for the empty net feed.... hes playing like anson carter. smart enough to know if he just goes to the net he will get his tap ins..... problem is sedins make anyone look good but burrows helped them be better by also setting the sedins up for goals and being more involved in the cycle rather than just sittin infront of the net.... both sedin has already been accused of having a slow start but they dont work towards the slot or net anymore due to its always occupied by zack.... im not rippin on zack hes playing good im rippin on all these people who say hes got all this talent hes 1-1 in fights volpatti throws bigger hits and 4 of his 5 goals have been tap ins and has shown 0 play making ability with 0 assists i love kassian too and has huge upside but i think people need to settle down a bit.

You're an idiot.

If you actually watched the games, Kassian is anything but slow for someone his size, the Sedins are both slower then him, and so is Hodgson.

0 playmaking ability? LOL. His passing ability and vision is above average and he's only 22. Once Daniel starts scoring he will get more assists.. if anything he's carrying the Sedin line 5 on 5.

No one can move him in front of the net or take the puck from him on the boards.

He fights ,hits, scores, what more do you want from him right now? His goals have been just as good as Hodgsons, if not better.

He has tons of talent.

Edited by TheGame., 31 January 2013 - 02:21 PM.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#53 KraKassian

KraKassian

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:17 PM

:picard:

Do you just completely miss Zack being a possession monster in the offensive zone? He battles as hard as Lappy to get the puck back. Not to mention his great offensive awareness and passing this season.

A PWF is the perfect type of player to be playing with the Sedins,

Edited by KraKassian, 31 January 2013 - 02:18 PM.

#54 CanuckFan1981

CanuckFan1981

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:46 PM

I am pleasantly surprised with Kassian's development. I think the lockout gave him the headstart on the season that he needed. Hodgson has more high end offensive skill, period. However, Kassian has the "truculance" that every hockey person in Canada has been saying we lacked the last few years.

With all that being said, I do not think Kassian and Volpatti changed us from being the "weak sisters" to the tough guy team some are implying we now are. Did any of you watch the LA game? When they hustled and worked hard they physically dominated us and left our guys scared along the boards. Yes we are tougher than last year, but we didn't change from being a finesse team to a Bruin's or Flyer's style goon squad. The only difference is the Sedin's are playing with a big body on the wing instead of another small quick guy (that gets punched every whistle). It should help in the short term and once Kes is back we will be a Win machine again.

#55 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,668 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:47 PM

I am pleasantly surprised with Kassian's development. I think the lockout gave him the headstart on the season that he needed. Hodgson has more high end offensive skill, period. However, Kassian has the "truculance" that every hockey person in Canada has been saying we lacked the last few years.

With all that being said, I do not think Kassian and Volpatti changed us from being the "weak sisters" to the tough guy team some are implying we now are. Did any of you watch the LA game? When they hustled and worked hard they physically dominated us and left our guys scared along the boards. Yes we are tougher than last year, but we didn't change from being a finesse team to a Bruin's or Flyer's style goon squad. The only difference is the Sedin's are playing with a big body on the wing instead of another small quick guy (that gets punched every whistle). It should help in the short term and once Kes is back we will be a Win machine again.

Yeah I think we need one more big guy in our bottom 6.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#56 CanucksJay

CanucksJay

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:51 PM

Then your English professor is a moron. Did he also teach you not to capitalize "English"?

I actually loled at work reading this

#57 derr12

derr12

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:34 PM

I don't know that we particularly have to get bigger forwards... we are pretty decent in that category right now (well when Kesler and Booth get back it is an improvement over Schroeder and Raymond). Maybe a reasonably tough guy for the 3rd line at most.

We could certainly use a little beef on the back end though, our defence is not exactly causing any worry for opposing forwards coming into our zone.

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian
Booth-Kesler-Burrows
Higgins-Lapierre-Hansen
Volpatti-Malhotra-Weise

(guys that can drop the mitts in bold)

Kesler isn't a fighter really compared to real tough guys, but he is a decent one for a top 6 guy and he isn't going to be putting himself out of the lineup unless he is taking out another 30 goal scorer. He and Iginla have gone at it pretty good. Our third line is the only one without a legitimate pugilist to keep guys honest.

On the back end, Ballard is probably our best fighter followed up by Bieksa.

Hansen can throw down pretty good. He Has gone Viking on an ass or two in his day. lappy cant fight for crap, but has on occasion. Does Higgens even get mad?

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.