The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Eat His Words

Drew1

As much as I would love to see it, I highly doubt anyone will go after Keith to fight. It would be even less likely that even if they did that he would accept. The Canucks will stay the course and the reasoning will be that it is a short season so they cannot waste any points trying to exact revenge. As a fan wanting to see my team make the playoffs and win the cup, I agree with that. But I won't lie, as a fan of hockey who believes you answer the bell when you dish out a cheap shot and that players defend their teammate, it disappoints me.

Complete change of roles this year compared to last. Now the Hawks have far more skill than we do, and the Canucks are the big, tougher team.

I say we lull them into fights, push and shove after scrums and get their star players ducking for cover and off their game any chance we get. Big hits, dirty plays and cheap shots are what won them a Cup, now we'll do the same.

I don't know that we particularly have to get bigger forwards... we are pretty decent in that category right now (well when Kesler and Booth get back it is an improvement over Schroeder and Raymond). Maybe a reasonably tough guy for the 3rd line at most.

We could certainly use a little beef on the back end though, our defence is not exactly causing any worry for opposing forwards coming into our zone.

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

Booth-Kesler-Burrows

Higgins-Lapierre-Hansen

Volpatti-Malhotra-Weise

(guys that can drop the mitts in bold)

Kesler isn't a fighter really compared to real tough guys, but he is a decent one for a top 6 guy and he isn't going to be putting himself out of the lineup unless he is taking out another 30 goal scorer. He and Iginla have gone at it pretty good. Our third line is the only one without a legitimate pugilist to keep guys honest.

On the back end, Ballard is probably our best fighter followed up by Bieksa.

Go through my post history and you will note I have never knocked Kassian as a person.

I never mocked nor denigrated his past,his family,his character,his intentions nor his agent,as has been done here five thousand times against you -know-who.

His pro playing career was less than spectacular before the last half dozen games.

I have blasted CDC'ers that get their jollies knocking Hodgson,his family and agent as if trashing one player means another is more talented or a better person.

The Canucks may yet need to put Burr back on the first line and Sulzer,Gragnani,Hodgson,Pahlsson,Ellington and two fourth rounders will continue to be conveniently overlooked/trashed when evaluating what was gained.

Go through my post history and you will note I have never knocked Kassian as a person.

I never mocked nor denigrated his past,his family,his character,his intentions nor his agent,as has been done here five thousand times against you -know-who.

His pro playing career was less than spectacular before the last half dozen games.

I have blasted CDC'ers that get their jollies knocking Hodgson,his family and agent as if trashing one player means another is more talented or a better person.

The Canucks may yet need to put Burr back on the first line and Sulzer,Gragnani,Hodgson,Pahlsson,Ellington and two fourth rounders will continue to be conveniently overlooked/trashed when evaluating what was gained.

Hodgson is doing a lot worse on Buffalo than he would be if he was still over here in Vancouver... I'm sure if he could redo the trade, he would come back and not have acted like a whiny little baby in the first place. Too late now Cody! lol Enjoy getting traded.... Again! :bigblush:

Personally, I don't like to see Kass in a fight on a weekly basis. He is going to meet his match soon enough and he is only 22. I don't want to see his promising career blighted by concussion.

I would rather he concentrated on his game and learning from the Sedins and making space for them with his size. I am not against him punishing cheap shots though, if it is instant retribution.

Archived