#32 Ray Canuck

Ray Canuck

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:21 PM

http://arizonasports.com/43/1606781/NHL-Coyotes-Glendale-release-statements
Bottom right there is a link to an interview with Glendale’s new mayor.
In a nutshell:
New counsel has no desire to extend or offer a similar deal as the one signed by Jamieson & Glendale
Business needs to make it on their own, city will not support one business and not another
Glendale needs more policing & fire protection old deal would hamper that
Mayor knows of a couple of interested parties, will set up meetings ASAP
Wants team to stay but not at the cost that burdens the taxpayers
-----------------------------------
no way anyone with money wants this team in Glendale, if investors balked at the sweetheart deal Jamieson worked out how can a much lessor deal be more attractive?
After the lockout I'm sure NHL owners would love a piece of any relocation fee & getting the Yotes off of the collective owner’s books.
I do feel for the real fans of the Yotes, as I did for Quebec City & Winnipeg when they were faced with the same dilemma
Posted Image
"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Mark Twain

#33 J.R.

J.R.

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,382 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:10 PM

Wake me up when they FINALLY move.

Doan you fool.
"Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Posted Image

#34 Raffi Torres's Smirk

Raffi Torres's Smirk

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:23 PM

So if I understand this correctly, the city of Glendale is 'letting go' of the Coyotes, as in they will not be financially supporting the team anymore? I am confused, can someone give me the cole's notes version?

#35 Gillyfluffball

Gillyfluffball

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:06 PM

The writing is on the wall Bettman you failed its time to move the Coyotes to Quebec or Seattle.

Posted Image
Do Not Trade TanevPosted Image

Thanks TS <3

#36 The Bookie

The Bookie

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,656 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:01 PM

Forbes : Bet On Coyotes Moving To Seattle As Sale To Jamison Falls Apart

What a shock!

Posted Image
Jobing.com Arena, home of the Coyotes. The lease agreement of the Arena was cited as one reason for the failure of the franchise. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

Greg Jamison still doesn’t have enough money to buy the Phoenix Coyotes from the NHL. I wrote seven months ago that the former executive of the San Jose Sharks couldn’t get prospective investors to buy into his game plan even with a new, sweetheart lease for Jobing.com Arena from Glendale.
Look for the team to move to Seattle if the sale of the Sacramento Kings to hedge fund manager Chris Hansen andMicrosoft CEO Steve Ballmer is finalized. The NBA team’s prospective new owners want to move the Kings to Seattle where they plan on opening a new arena in two years. Two teams in one building is better economics.
Quebec, the former home of the Colorado Avalanche, has also been mentioned as a viable place for the Coyotes to go. It is. Quebec City has broken ground on a new arena. But NHL commissioner Gary Bettman wants the league to be coast-to-coast. And with Jets moving from Atlanta to Winnipeg last season the NHL doesn’t want its sponsors and U.S. television partner, NBC Sports, thinking the league is contracting geographically.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.