Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Could Burrows be a Selke nominee/winner?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
33 replies to this topic

#31 quoi

quoi

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:32 PM

If his role stays as is, my guess is he is in the conversation for a nomination but ultimately is beat out by more established two-way players.

Either way I like our line potential with Kesler and Booth back in the line up. Our 2nd and 3rd line combos could be something like:

Raymond - Kesler - Burrows as a dual role scoring/checking line that plays against other teams top lines
Booth - Schroeder - Higgins as a scoring third line as opposed to a defensive shutdown third line
Lappiere - Malhotra - Hansen as a 4th line with the potential to play good minutes and not be a liability

#32 Guest_Gumballthechewy_*

Guest_Gumballthechewy_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:48 PM

You know how everyone thinks EA predicts the future with thier games? Well Burrows won the Selke in NHL 13.

Twice.

So... Yeah...

#33 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:56 PM

Weise is another fine candidate thus far.
Posted Image

#34 JelloIce

JelloIce

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:10 PM

I would like to see Kes and Burr back on the same line. Burr seems to have maintained his down-and-dirty playstyle whereas Kes seems to have lost it. Either due to strange chemistry with his linemates or too many overbearing responsibilities a beast cannot even thoroughly handle. Sometimes taking on too many responsibilities leads a player down the wrong path. With Kes and Burr on the same line, they can balance their defensive responsibilities, which seems to be something Kesler has had to handle himself for the most part on that 2nd line in the past few years. This will allow Kesler to focus on some of the more offensive aspects of his game and perhaps, regardless of what Kes himself says, lift a little bit of the physical stress.

I think Burr could be nominated, but he's far from winning it considering the competition he's up against.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.