31 replies to this topic

#1 Sahota54

Sahota54

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:24 AM

It is a radical idea, but with the leafs letting go of Allaire and Lou training with him this summer...I think it wouldn't be a bad idea to have someone like that around Lou full time

#2 darkpoet

darkpoet

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,461 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:30 AM

No amount of Francois Allaire will help Luongo calm down enough to stop pucks in the playoffs.

#3 timberz21

timberz21

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,039 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:35 AM

Rollie is just as good as Allaire.

Allaire couldn't do any miracle with the leafs goalies.

#4 KelownaCanucksFan

KelownaCanucksFan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:01 AM

I'm beginning to think the longer this goes on and the better Luongo plays that the possibility of the canucks trading Schneider grows. If I was gm I would trade Schneider and keep Luongo, Lu will still give 6-8 years of solid goaltending, giving enough time to draft and develop another goalie and Schneider will get a way better return than Lu. And before anyone says Lu asked to traded, I believe that if the canucks told Lu they were trading Schneider, his just being happy being the number one again will ease any bad feelings and mend the fences.

Posted Image
Thanks to GoaltenderInterference for the sig!

#5 NordicNinja

NordicNinja

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 923 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:09 AM

I've been saying it all along, trade the goalie that gets the best return.

#6 justvisiting

justvisiting

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:11 AM

No amount of Francois Allaire will help Luongo calm down enough to stop pucks in the playoffs.

Still putting all the blame on Lou eh? Come on, if some of our goal scorers had showed up, we wouldn't be even considering trading Lou.

Edited by justvisiting, 31 January 2013 - 10:12 AM.

#7 Kumquats

Kumquats

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,452 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:11 AM

Gotta love this fanbase. Luongo has been playing mostly the same, when we can't score it's his fault. When he shuts the door, he's the hero.

Also, inb4lock.

#8 Niklas Jensen

Niklas Jensen

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,699 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:12 AM

If we trade Schneider to Florida, Tallon would jump all over that and give us Gudbranson, Matthias, and a pick for him.
Our D's must make opponent fowards going to the net PAY THE PRICE

#9 Sahota54

Sahota54

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:33 AM

Allaire has trained the very best in the butterfly style...Luongo, Brodeur, etc. I'm sorry but scrivelled veins and reimer are not among the very best. Also the leafs had control issues and decided they knew how to better coach a bunch of losers than allaire so they let him go.

When your dealing with young inexperienced goalies you would need miracles, but when your simply helping one of the best maintain his style and get rid of any bad habits it is a lot easier...apples and oranges

Edited by Sahota54, 31 January 2013 - 10:35 AM.

#10 hockeyking

hockeyking

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:35 AM

Rollie is just as good as Allaire.

Allaire couldn't do any miracle with the leafs goalies.

well the leafs goalies plain suck I really doubt he could fix that mess.
the proof is that the two goalies he was working with during the lockout anderson and luongo both of them are in the top 5 for both gaa and save% in the nhl.

#11 eretz canucks

eretz canucks

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:39 AM

we can get more for schneider- get 2 young forwards and set us up for when the sedins get older

Schneider
Higgins
Cannauton

for
Couturier
Simmonds

#12 eretz canucks

eretz canucks

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:42 AM

Schnerider
Higgins
Schroeder
D man prospect- cannauton or sauve

for

Couturier
Simmonds
2013 3rd

#13 Sahota54

Sahota54

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:43 AM

Richard Brodeur and Kirk Mclean are considered gods in this town and sorry to say neither one of them can sniff lou's jock. I don't hate schnieder I just think when it's all said and done Lou will surpass Roy and be second to Brodeur (Martin) all time statistically. If you're thinking that lou can't win the big game...it doesn't matter he shouldn't have to win it on his own we just need someone to get us there and that's exaclty what he did and we provided him with zero goals...and everyone thinks Lou is the problem, give your head a shake!

#14 kloubek

kloubek

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:47 AM

I am not sure if trading Schneider is a realistic option.

1) He was just signed him to a multi-year contract. That wouldn't look good to trade him now.
2) He was told he would be our #1 going forward. Also wouldn't look good.
3) Schneider was playing better than Luongo last year, and especially in the playoffs. He also has opportunity to improve, whereas Luongo already hit his peak.
4) Schneider is cheaper.
5) Would Luongo be happy staying after everything that has gone on?

Before Schneider re-signed, I was equally happy with us trading either player. But after everything, I don't think it is an option any longer and it's Luongo who will be on his way out.
Biggest Canucks Fan this Side of the Rockies.

#15 Bombastik der Teutone

Bombastik der Teutone

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,784 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:49 AM

sign Dennis Endras ..he deserves a shot in the NHL ::D

179zig.jpg

Credits to Discord for the Signature

iqbl75.jpgCDCGML St.Louis Blues Rosteriqbl75.jpg

"You dream to score your first goal in the NHL. You dream to be here, first of all. To score a hat-trick, that's just an added bonus.Josh Jooris"

#16 J.R.

J.R.

Rainbow Butt Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,343 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:51 AM

Lu thread and/or Proposals...?
"Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Posted ImagePosted Image

#17 Sahota54

Sahota54

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:56 AM

^you would trade away one of the best goalies in nhl history for the 28 year old goalie making 5m per (saving a whopping 300k over lous 5.3m per salary) at his age schneider has proven nothing at all execpt he's capable of playing on back to back presidents trophy winning teams when schneider retires he will not even be considered top 50 all time. Schnieds crap the bed when it was a pressure situation against chicago, and he comes in with no pressure against LA and out performs lou and so you throw out Luongo's ten plus seasons body of work for schnieds small sample... Im sure the main reason for this move is managements message to players within the system that if we draft you and develop you that you will get your shot....good philosophy tell it to Cody!

#18 Vansicle

Vansicle

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:17 AM

^you would trade away one of the best goalies in nhl history for the 28 year old goalie making 5m per (saving a whopping 300k over lous 5.3m per salary) at his age schneider has proven nothing at all execpt he's capable of playing on back to back presidents trophy winning teams when schneider retires he will not even be considered top 50 all time. Schnieds crap the bed when it was a pressure situation against chicago, and he comes in with no pressure against LA and out performs lou and so you throw out Luongo's ten plus seasons body of work for schnieds small sample... Im sure the main reason for this move is managements message to players within the system that if we draft you and develop you that you will get your shot....good philosophy tell it to Cody!

Yes. It's Schneider who has a history of crapping the bed in pressure situations. And yes, obviously Lou is one of the greatest goalies in history - that's why teams are lining up to offer their very best prospects and veterans to retain his services. And of course Schneider will never even be considered a top 50 all-time goal tender; His dozen NHL starts are a large enough a sample to clearly indicate that. And naturally Lou is being traded because of his performance; there can be no other reason or assemblage of reasons.
Well thought out post!

Snake Doctor, on 23 May 2014 - 10:41 AM, said:snapback.png

Miller is not on our list. It's Lack as our #1. There is no reason we would have traded both Schnieder and Luongo if we never intended to give Lack the #1 starting job.  Furthermore, the salary and term Miller is looking for is not in our favor.

#19 NexusRift

NexusRift

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:25 AM

I am not sure if trading Schneider is a realistic option.

1) He was just signed him to a multi-year contract. That wouldn't look good to trade him now.
2) He was told he would be our #1 going forward. Also wouldn't look good.
3) Schneider was playing better than Luongo last year, and especially in the playoffs. He also has opportunity to improve, whereas Luongo already hit his peak.
4) Schneider is cheaper.
5) Would Luongo be happy staying after everything that has gone on?

Before Schneider re-signed, I was equally happy with us trading either player. But after everything, I don't think it is an option any longer and it's Luongo who will be on his way out.

I agree somewhat to most of this. most of the Schneider stuff rings true, but the Luongo stuff is speculative.

Lou is only 7 years older than Schnieds and as far as goalies go, they get better heading to their 40's. And we really don't know how he feels about what's going on with trade talks and such about him. His mom, wife and probably some really close neighbourhood buddies are privy to that. That being said...................

A trade involving Schneids instead of Lou may certainly sound out of the box. However, it makes allota' sense. It's beneficial that he has signed. It gives a trading partner numbers to go with. I believe Lou's contract numbers are what's scaring off potential trades. Since Schneids is thought of as equal or better in some aspects than Lou, ( the same could be said about Schneids), his value would look better.

One way or the other, our goalie tandem is the envy of the NHL. I'd love Lou to stay and help bring our Canucks to glory.

#20 Edlerberry

Edlerberry

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:32 AM

Schnerider
Higgins
Schroeder
D man prospect- cannauton or sauve

for

Couturier
Simmonds
2013 3rd

WOW we lose this trade so hard
July 7-2013

Toronto will take a step back next year.
Feel free to quote me.

July 8-2013

Wow I can't believe peoples replies...
Im done here. You people are disgusting..

#21 N4ZZY

N4ZZY

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,138 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:33 AM

Can't see Schneids being traded.

Wouldn't reflect well on the organization that said he would be our No. 1 goalie, only to go back on their word.

I think the organization has no choice but to look to trade and explore options for Luongo and get the best return possible. He'll help another club. and that's great. He'll also be a No. 1 goalie again, and that's also sweet for him.

Schneider needs his opportunities. Luongo didn't get to where he got without all those starts all those years ago. Schneids has been waiting patiently within this organization. he deserves his time. He's also younger, and he's going to get better.

Don't know if he'll surpass Lu for all the statistics he broke while in a Canucks uniform, but Schneids is our future.

With that being said. I think AV needs to go back to Schneider for the game against the Hawks.

But then again, can you bench a guy who just got you a shutout?

#22 Sahota54

Sahota54

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:40 AM

hey vansicle, so your basically equating all canucks playoff success on lou. If you think Luongo is the sole reason we lost in the finals than ur are mistaken and let's talk about pressure during our latest cup run. we go up three nothing against chicago (no pressure) we lose the next three we replace our starter with our back up (who couldn't finish the game) Then guess who started in game seven and won (no pressure) how many shutouts (single handed wins) did luo have during the cup run...oh theres no pressure till u get to the finals there's no way that a goalie who is known to choke under ther pressure can get a shutout in the stanley cup finals, but he did. If we shutout the bruins in the last game luo would have won the conn smythe can't win 0 to -1 in game seven... totally luo's fault...moron!

#23 Sahota54

Sahota54

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:44 AM

Great goalies are judged by stanley cup wins that is why chris osgood is so much better than dominik hasek

#24 BRAVEMAN91

BRAVEMAN91

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:22 PM

Did I miss something. Did the organization publicly come out and say Cory was the starter?

It seems they did more in action then in talking.

If the organization came to Cory and said that he would be the starter and then went back on it. It would not be the first time they did that in recent memory.

They handed a captaincy to Roberto and then took it back from him.

They locked him to a 10 year contract and now are backing out and we are not even 1 season and a bit into it.

Luongos contract believe it or not is not bad as the numbers involved, considering he constantly returns the investment.

His record and stats in this city need no explanation.

And anyone blaming him for the meltdown in the finals would be wrong off.

He hel
This can play out in s
Posted Image

Follow Me on Twitter: @braveman91
Checkout my Canuck videos on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/braveman91

#25 Lockhart

Lockhart

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:36 PM

Even though trading Schneider seems out there to some people, if the an offer Gillis can't refuse comes along I don't see why he couldn't be traded.

If it was with Philly, Couterier would be a nice pick up and get Leighton or Boucher as a backup. We would be pretty stocked at centre with Couterier and Gaunce a year or two out.

#26 eretz canucks

eretz canucks

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:36 PM

Gillis should, and probably has entertained offers for both goalies. Both have a market, are tradable and can get a return to help set up the canuck's future at other positions. Not field offers for both goalies would be an epic fail.

#27 Armada

Armada

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,137 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:37 PM

Lu's an elite goalie. 2nd highest career SA% out of all goalies, 2nd most shutouts for Active goalies.

There's no doubt in my mind he can play as an elite goalie until he is 40 like Brodeur.

But for now lets keep both Schneider and Luongo until the playoffs are over, it doesn't hurt and then we'll decide.

Edited by Armada, 31 January 2013 - 12:37 PM.

Posted Image
______________Eat, Sleep,Posted ImageRave, Repeat

#28 eretz canucks

eretz canucks

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:37 PM

schneider and a 2014 2nd

for

Eberle

#29 knuck

knuck

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:38 PM

is it time for "[Discussion] Cory Schneider Trade Thread 1.0" yet?

#30 2nastie

2nastie

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:47 PM

Those who are actually suggesting we trade Schneider are absolutely PATHETIC!

Can you guys grasp reality.

Luongo's time as a Canuck has come and gone. He is going to be traded.

Stop these ridiculous notions and making 10-15 stupid threads a day.

Seriously... gets a shutout and suddenly Luongo is God. Lu is playing without any pressure right now, he knows his time here is over soon... maybe you guys should too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.