The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Trade Schneider, Keep Lou and sign Francois Allaire

Sahota54

I'm beginning to think the longer this goes on and the better Luongo plays that the possibility of the canucks trading Schneider grows. If I was gm I would trade Schneider and keep Luongo, Lu will still give 6-8 years of solid goaltending, giving enough time to draft and develop another goalie and Schneider will get a way better return than Lu. And before anyone says Lu asked to traded, I believe that if the canucks told Lu they were trading Schneider, his just being happy being the number one again will ease any bad feelings and mend the fences.

Allaire has trained the very best in the butterfly style...Luongo, Brodeur, etc. I'm sorry but scrivelled veins and reimer are not among the very best. Also the leafs had control issues and decided they knew how to better coach a bunch of losers than allaire so they let him go.

When your dealing with young inexperienced goalies you would need miracles, but when your simply helping one of the best maintain his style and get rid of any bad habits it is a lot easier...apples and oranges

Richard Brodeur and Kirk Mclean are considered gods in this town and sorry to say neither one of them can sniff lou's jock. I don't hate schnieder I just think when it's all said and done Lou will surpass Roy and be second to Brodeur (Martin) all time statistically. If you're thinking that lou can't win the big game...it doesn't matter he shouldn't have to win it on his own we just need someone to get us there and that's exaclty what he did and we provided him with zero goals...and everyone thinks Lou is the problem, give your head a shake!

I am not sure if trading Schneider is a realistic option.

1) He was just signed him to a multi-year contract. That wouldn't look good to trade him now.

2) He was told he would be our #1 going forward. Also wouldn't look good.

3) Schneider was playing better than Luongo last year, and especially in the playoffs. He also has opportunity to improve, whereas Luongo already hit his peak.

4) Schneider is cheaper.

5) Would Luongo be happy staying after everything that has gone on?

Before Schneider re-signed, I was equally happy with us trading either player. But after everything, I don't think it is an option any longer and it's Luongo who will be on his way out.

^you would trade away one of the best goalies in nhl history for the 28 year old goalie making 5m per (saving a whopping 300k over lous 5.3m per salary) at his age schneider has proven nothing at all execpt he's capable of playing on back to back presidents trophy winning teams when schneider retires he will not even be considered top 50 all time. Schnieds crap the bed when it was a pressure situation against chicago, and he comes in with no pressure against LA and out performs lou and so you throw out Luongo's ten plus seasons body of work for schnieds small sample... Im sure the main reason for this move is managements message to players within the system that if we draft you and develop you that you will get your shot....good philosophy tell it to Cody!

^you would trade away one of the best goalies in nhl history for the 28 year old goalie making 5m per (saving a whopping 300k over lous 5.3m per salary) at his age schneider has proven nothing at all execpt he's capable of playing on back to back presidents trophy winning teams when schneider retires he will not even be considered top 50 all time. Schnieds crap the bed when it was a pressure situation against chicago, and he comes in with no pressure against LA and out performs lou and so you throw out Luongo's ten plus seasons body of work for schnieds small sample... Im sure the main reason for this move is managements message to players within the system that if we draft you and develop you that you will get your shot....good philosophy tell it to Cody!

I am not sure if trading Schneider is a realistic option.

1) He was just signed him to a multi-year contract. That wouldn't look good to trade him now.

2) He was told he would be our #1 going forward. Also wouldn't look good.

3) Schneider was playing better than Luongo last year, and especially in the playoffs. He also has opportunity to improve, whereas Luongo already hit his peak.

4) Schneider is cheaper.

5) Would Luongo be happy staying after everything that has gone on?

Before Schneider re-signed, I was equally happy with us trading either player. But after everything, I don't think it is an option any longer and it's Luongo who will be on his way out.

Archived