Canucks Community

PLAYLIST - JAN 30th vs. COLORADO

DJ Dave

west coast bands

Nirvana

Alice n Chains

Sound garden

3"blood

Im not going to tell you what I really think cause I'll get banned again but did anyone notice how awesomely intimating San Jose's Seek and Destroy was?

It actually set the mood for the game. Intensity from the opening faceoff.

Why can we be intimidating?

You should put a bit of metal on the playlist now and then... there are some really good Canadian metal bands you could play... 3iob (3 Inches of Blood) for example is huge in the scene, and are also from Van city. Their singer is a huge Canucks fan, he'd be stoked to hear it i'm sure.

Not Canadian but this would be sick to see the Canucks skate out to.

Lots of Savant tracks are very high energy pump up, electro stuff. He released 87 commercial tracks last year, 40 more for free, has an infected mushroom collab coming up, appearing on a ministry of sound compilation in March and is fielding an offer from Warner.

I might be the mgr... and could get you track + permission for any of his stuff.

Pump up stuff - check out wildstyle (

), storm the gates(
), splinter,

Mock the other team - breakdown (

) (ie. nucks shorthanded goal... )

Cheers ;)

hey Dave, was at the game last night, and for the most part the songs were pretty good, minus the ACDC/Queen mashup. My personal thing though, is they may be good songs, but most arnt rocking songs.

take Burn it to the Ground, may not be the best song, but it's rockin, and you could even see Bieksa rockin out to it. Those kind of uptempo rock songs make people and players more into it. Again, not saying what you said was bad, a lot better than the past, but I'd still like to see some more heavy rock included

west coast bands

Nirvana

Alice n Chains

Sound garden

3"blood

Im not going to tell you what I really think cause I'll get banned again but did anyone notice how awesomely intimating San Jose's Seek and Destroy was?

It actually set the mood for the game. Intensity from the opening faceoff.

Why can we be intimidating?

Seek and destroy would, is, and always will be totally epic....war ensamble would be right there with it but less likely to happen......south of heaven for that slower build....

3" of Blood: we could only dream....maybe on your birthday if you're lucky.

My suggestions were removed from the thread by DJD...hohum.

I'm not one of those people who will suggest his favourite bands and the like, nor am I one of the U2 intro haters, but Muse, for me, is one of the most artificial bands out there. All of their 'pump up' songs are laughably cheesy, especially that Olympic theme garbage.

personally, i'd prefer an emotional song (like the Seahawks intro, or the U2 intro) much more than an aggressive power chord riffing.

think BJ Penn's intro vs. every other nu metal / Eminem rap intro in the UFC:

Raw emotion that actually means something:

Archived