60 replies to this topic

#61 Raffi Torres's Smirk

Raffi Torres's Smirk

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:56 PM

DJ Dave, good on you for posting. Everyone else, good on you for your replies. I have a few thoughts as well:

- Why is the focus on 'satisfying everyone in the crowd'? DJD, I feel like you should conduct a survey of the players themselves and see what would get them amped. As a music lover I would be so disappointed if I made it pro and right before a faceoff some bs song came on and got me off my game. Who knows, song selection could actually be throwing our stars off our game.

- I like the playlists's lack of top 40, generally speaking. However, it looks like a twenty-something's house party itunes playlist: trying to show off everything he knows instead of creating a mood or presenting a theme. What about having genre nights, like a rock night, a rap night, a techno night, etc.? This, along with a noise meter, could provide legitimate feedback as to what gets the crowd into it the most.

- Vancouver is pretty far away from most NHL cities. Let's showcase our local/regional music a bit. Let's hear some Jimi Hendrix, The Sonics, DOA, etc.

- Lot's of epic pump up songs are effective because of crescendo, layers, whatever, but to get the full experience you need to listen to the full song, or at least a minute or so. DJD you have a hard job, because not many 5-second segments of songs, when heard in isolation, are effective pump up songs.

DJD, thanks for looking for feedback. I hope I've been of help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.