The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Garrison will be a great fit - Give him time

MLT

Garrison is going to be a great fit for this team. He needs time. Give him a break here.

He is working in a new system which takes players time to adjust to. The Canucks play a unique defensive system allowing the D to jump up freely which takes time to learn. Inevitably, while adjusting to this change he will be burned on his pinches and jump ups a few times.

Couple this with a 9 month layoff due to lockout and he's got his work cut out for him.

Judgement should be reserved on Garrison for at least 15-20 games in my opinion. These new systems and adjustments can wreak havoc on the best D men. See Sutor in Minnesota right now.

He will be great. Give him time.

I agree.

Suter is one of the top Dmen in the league and he is struggling right now playing in a new system and team. We all know he'll bounce back....I think the same for Garrison.

Someone posted it above, but I really like the Garrison / Bieksa pairing too :) I prefer Bieksa not jumping into the rush and leaving that for Garrison, let him get his timing (aim) back and see what happens when he gets the shot on net. I liked what I've seen so far...

Plus, these two should feed off each other and started playing with more snarl...

I am starting to think CDC is bi-polar. After 1 goal they flip-flop and say things that other people said against the troll threads that were numerous to begin the season. It is going to take time to evaluate the player, and that goes either way (good or bad). I do think that getting Garri was a good signing though.

Go Canucks Go :canucks:

It's bound to take a bit of time to shake the rust and adjust to a new system. I just want to see Edler back on the left side and (it was said last night) paired with Tanev. Which puts Garrison/Ballard as your 3rd pair..... Is it too late to teach Garrison to shoot right ;) ?

garrison has a tough road ahead of him. because of his breakout year offensively last season, coaches are keeping an eye on him. ive noticed he gets played really tight in the offensive zone, the same way that edler gets played as opposing coaches are trying to negate the big shots. even last nights game, he got a one-timer from an interception, not a pass. hopefully as his system work (and his skating) improve, he will find the time and space he needs. he is doing fine and i do think he will turn out really good as soon as he realizes he is in the west now. the new pairings looked good, lets see them test themselves against chicago.

Garrison is going to be a great fit for this team. He needs time. Give him a break here.

He is working in a new system which takes players time to adjust to. The Canucks play a unique defensive system allowing the D to jump up freely which takes time to learn. Inevitably, while adjusting to this change he will be burned on his pinches and jump ups a few times.

Couple this with a 9 month layoff due to lockout and he's got his work cut out for him.

Judgement should be reserved on Garrison for at least 15-20 games in my opinion. These new systems and adjustments can wreak havoc on the best D men. See Sutor in Minnesota right now.

He will be great. Give him time.

Archived