36 replies to this topic

#31 Gerbera

Gerbera

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:09 AM

As long as he doesn't take as long as Ballard... I m fine.

#32 Ginu

Ginu

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:50 AM

Gotta love posts like these.... Wonder what's next
Posted Image

#33 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,774 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:38 AM

What am I going to come back with after you start talking grandma's?

Maybe I should post this Normal Mailer quote in the Luongo discussion thread for you:

Why come back? It was an inoffensive point elvis.
Obsession is an interesting comeback though - there are thousands of people who surf these threads - wouldn't it be obsessive to keep attempting to steer thread after thread and endless posters in a direction you deem acceptable?

This thread is distinctly different than the negative one you referred the OP to. The OP also has yet to make 1000 posts here, which would suggest they aren't a veteran like yourself.

Perhaps amongst all your steering, intervening and advising you could mix in a little more tolerance.

#34 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,942 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:48 AM

I haven't had any problems with him so far. That being said, i wasn't expecting Florida-esque goals from him. Different division. Different expectations.
Posted Image

#35 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,942 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:50 AM

After being perforated multiple times so far, i'd say the Panthers miss him.
Posted Image

#36 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,774 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:56 AM

After being perforated multiple times so far, i'd say the Panthers miss him.

No doubt - things have been a little frantic around him so far here, but I've liked his defensive zone coverage, his efficiency on the boards behind his own net, and he seems to have a effective, active stick (somewhat like Willie Mitchell's)... If what we've seen so far is what we get, I have no problem whatsoever with him - even his shot the past few games has been a little sharper - a post and a goal - what more do people expect?

#37 Gollumpus

Gollumpus

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,966 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:20 AM

Garrison is already a good fit. He is tops in team +/-, he is moving the puck fairly well (there's still some getting used to the system going on), and he just got his first goal. I see him becoming a great fit sometime later this month.

regards,
G.
Following the Canucks since before Don Cherry played here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.