The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo to start vs Hawks

Strombone1

Guest Gumballthechewy

we actually don't I think we're right on it at $70m and it's going down next year. Though teams are allowed to buyout 2 contracts so if we buyout say Booth and Ballard for example that's over 8 million off our cap right there

Guest Gumballthechewy

:picard:

Cory continues to pay for his one bad start. The first game after a long layoff.

This could be a disaster. Not for the upcoming game. But for the club in general. I have confidence in Lu winning the Chicago game, but what does this do to Cory's confidence and his relationship with the Canucks? Is that really worth it? Its not as if Cory wouldn't have the same chance to win in Chicago, this is all on AV and his love of his pets.

I really really hope this is all about showcasing Lu and NOT some kind of reconsideration of who Gillis is going to trade.

Here is the issue I have

Both Luongo and Schneider were the lone bright spots on an otherwise terrible road trip.

We all knew the Avs offence was enemic and whoever was in net had a good chance at having a solid performance especially considering the fact both goalies have looked good

Canucks decide to put Luongo in a situation where he cannot fail but by doing so they screwed themselves over. If he won and had a solid performance they would have to go back to him and there was a strong likelihood of that. For that reason, it made 0 sense to start Luongo last night as odds are both goalies would have had great performances last night (and we knew this prior to the game)

If Schneider is your starter he should have played last night and he sure as heck should be playing in one of the marquee matchups the year against our biggest rival.

IAlso, if Schneider is your starter then Luongo shouldnt be playing splitting games (4 for both after tomorrow).

All of this makes 0 sense and Gilles/AV come across as idiots.

Also for those of you that feel the need to argue Gilles is showcasing Luongo well he really isnt because teams already know what they need to know about Luongo. 4 games this season wont change that fact.

Lou came off a loss and got the start vs. an easy team to beat (avalanche). Is this was about going with the goalie because he is winning, don't think so. If they wanted to get Cory's confidence up they would have played him vs. the avalanche, but they didn't even though he should have had the start.

Now the question is why? We all know that Lou has asked for a trade and MG is shopping him, so why would they be playing Lou over Cory in a easy win game? I recall Cody was moved up to the second line right before he was traded, it's all about showcasing, and that's why Lou is starting vs. a team that he has had trouble with. Show the prospective trade partners what they want to see. Everyone knows he's on the block.

I don't think people should get upset that Cory is getting the shaft and I don't think Lou fanboys should start there finger pointing just yet because this has showcasing written all over it.

All you Lou fanboys jumping up and down that Lou is getting the starts will be crying soon when it becomes apparent why he was getting the starts.

On that note I hope he plays a great game on Friday and all of us that want him traded should hope the same. ;)

Wow...I usually support AV's moves, but I don't like this one. Schneider is supposed to be our #1 and thus he should get the big games. He's riding the hot hand I suppose, but still...not a good move IMO.

Lou came off a loss and got the start vs. an easy team to beat (avalanche). Is this was about going with the goalie because he is winning, don't think so. If they wanted to get Cory's confidence up they would have played him vs. the avalanche, but they didn't even though he should have had the start.

Now the question is why? We all know that Lou has asked for a trade and MG is shopping him, so why would they be playing Lou over Cory in a easy win game? I recall Cody was moved up to the second line right before he was traded, it's all about showcasing, and that's why Lou is starting vs. a team that he has had trouble with. Show the prospective trade partners what they want to see. Everyone knows he's on the block.

I don't think people should get upset that Cory is getting the shaft and I don't think Lou fanboys should start there finger pointing just yet because this has showcasing written all over it.

All you Lou fanboys jumping up and down that Lou is getting the starts will be crying soon when it becomes apparent why he was getting the starts.

On that note I hope he plays a great game on Friday and all of us that want him traded should hope the same. ;)

Archived