The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo to start vs Hawks

Strombone1

For those of you screaming Cory Schneider is the #1 and the future:

Then why didn't Mike Gillis give Cory a No Trade Clause on his 3 year deal?

Just stirring the pot here. I still think it's more likely that Luongo will be traded than Schneider, although I am a Luongo fan.

:picard:

Cory continues to pay for his one bad start. The first game after a long layoff.

This could be a disaster. Not for the upcoming game. But for the club in general. I have confidence in Lu winning the Chicago game, but what does this do to Cory's confidence and his relationship with the Canucks? Is that really worth it? Its not as if Cory wouldn't have the same chance to win in Chicago, this is all on AV and his love of his pets.

I really really hope this is all about showcasing Lu and NOT some kind of reconsideration of who Gillis is going to trade.

That still does not mean he is not number #1 while he is STILL here. Yeah they are actively dealing him and Luongo knows and said fine, but the guy is still here, that does not mean all of a sudden he is the backup and will act like a normal backup.

When other players are on the block and they know, they don't just get demoted while they are still on the team for another player. When Luongo goes, Schneider will be number # 1 without question, until then he is not. clearly proven by the team.

You clearly can not let the fact go that as of right now there is no number one. There is two goalies sharing the work and one week Luo will be better and get the call. Then next week Cory may be the better goalie and, therefore, get the call. Atleast you see the number one in the future is Cory.

No my head isn't in the sand on the controversy. I am saying right now the controversy is media and fan-driven,rather than in the room. Not sure that wiill be the case if this saga continues much longer. Part of me likes to believe they could get through this shortened season without conflict between Cory, Lou and the staff. Two great goalies would help us in chasing the CUp, however 10 million bucks in net means there are some other holes not being filled.

Archived