140 replies to this topic

#31 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,856 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:23 PM

It doesn't matter who's in net, we have a great chance to win with either tender.
Posted Image

#32 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,346 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:25 PM

Uh oh.

Posted Image

#33 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,848 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:26 PM

Canucks need to deal with the goalie thing quick!!

They are dealing with it.

By playing both goalies!

:bigblush:

Edited by Gumballthechewy, 31 January 2013 - 01:27 PM.

Don't take anything I say seriously! EVER!

#34 Captain Aerosex

Captain Aerosex

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,619 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:27 PM

I'm happy with either goalie. It's likely that neither's getting traded this season, so the one who's playing the best deserves games. That being said, I'd have preferred to see Cory get more of a chance because it seems like AV jumped back to Luongo pretty quickly. But there's plenty of season for him to wrestle the job back, and you know he'll be determined to do so.

I think we may see better goaltending this season than 2011.
Posted Image

#35 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:28 PM

Like someone posted last fri "byebye Schneider"!.......

lol that should ruffle some feathers.

Edited by cmpunk, 31 January 2013 - 01:28 PM.

Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#36 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,870 posts

This game will be huge. If Luongo wins it, he's our starter again no questions asked, but that's a big "if". Chicago are still yet to lose in regulation and are owning just about every stat in the league right now.

Big game for a big-game goalie.
Posted Image

#37 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

AV is destroying the team...

is that a joke? Luongo is clearly the better goalie so far this year

#38 6of1_halfdozenofother

6of1_halfdozenofother

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,278 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:29 PM

It doesn't matter who's in net, we have a great chance to win with either tender.

Agreed - but with a qualifier: "...if the rest of the team bothers to show up."
People who label others as bandwagoners, people who tell other people "how" to cheer for their team, "how" they should act or what they should wear to "support" their team, people who only want to hear positive thoughts and don't want to read about how the team can do better - these are people who are insecure and uncomfortable within their own skin.

I'll support my team the way I choose, thank you very much. You can choose to support your team the way you want to, and I won't judge you on it as long as you don't try to force your beliefs on me. I'll also be quick to point out where I think the team can do better, because identifying that there is a problem is the first step to fixing it; denying or ignoring a problem won't solve anything.

Go Canucks Go.

#39 Pineapples

Pineapples

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,215 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:30 PM

I didn't think some CDCers could be this insane

Lu is coming off a shutout and has played better overall in his 3 games than Cory did in his games. Some of you are suggesting that we should bench players for playing well... what great logic

This is AV using his goalies properly now, by playing the hotter hand. Give it a rest with the absurd controversy/distraction garbage
Posted ImagePosted Image
---------------------------------------------------

#40 Understand

Understand

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,714 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:31 PM

Hopefully Luongo will win the cup with us this year!

#41 needtogetswole

needtogetswole

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:32 PM

This game will be huge. If Luongo wins it, he's our starter again no questions asked, but that's a big "if". Chicago are still yet to lose in regulation and are owning just about every stat in the league right now.

no questions asked? aahah there will be many

and Luongo winning this game doesn't mean hes our starter

you play the hot hand - you try to win everynight

you don't tell one goalie your our starter and go back on your word after 7 games...

trust me .. Luongo will still get traded.

#42 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,675 posts

Schneider did get a bunch of consecutive starts last season when he posted shutouts, this is a pretty weird situation though...

Posted Image

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#43 Paulpro

Paulpro

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

We will get the W :)

#44 Patrick Jane

Patrick Jane

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts

Hopefully Luongo will win the cup with us this year!

We are gonna have to make some changes to win a cup
Posted Image
Drouin#27 Halifax Mooseheads Star

Credit to Canucks Top Scorer

#45 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,463 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:33 PM

All the drama surrounding this organization and it's treatment of it's top prospects...no wonder sports personalities around North America roll their eyes and take shots at this organization.

It may not be the case, but it is starting to look like Cory is getting the Hodgson treatment..."we dont' have room for you while our vets are playing well.

Won't be surprised to see Cory ask for a trade if AV continues down this path.

The only fans happy about this are theo ones who would rather Cory be traded. Just think how that will look on the organization after the last 9 months and also, how this will play out if/when Lu has one of his melt-downs.

This whole scene is becoming an organizational PR nightmare. GOod luck attracting young talent in the future with this Gong show.

#46 alexkidd

alexkidd

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:34 PM

My guess is that nobody wants Luongo's contract so now they will deal Schneider to at least get some good assets back. Clusterfrack and a half.
Posted Image

I am not a bandwagoneer. I am just pessimistic. 40 years without a cup will do that to any normal fan. So please, stop and think before labeling someone a bandwagoneer.

#47 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,848 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:34 PM

I'm happy with either goalie. It's likely that neither's getting traded this season, so the one who's playing the best deserves games. That being said, I'd have preferred to see Cory get more of a chance because it seems like AV jumped back to Luongo pretty quickly. But there's plenty of season for him to wrestle the job back, and you know he'll be determined to do so.

I think we may see better goaltending this season than 2011.

Anybody who wants either goalie gone is out to lunch in my opinion. We have the cap space (I think, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) for it so why not? I'm not worried about our forwards situation, not worried about our defence situation, so no reason for more cap space...

Humans confuses me sometimes...

Let me add, if both goalies really truly cared for this organisation then they'd swallow their pride, shut up an win us a cup playing however many games the coach gives them. No more starter/backup mentality.

Edited by Gumballthechewy, 31 January 2013 - 01:41 PM.

Don't take anything I say seriously! EVER!

#48 poetica

poetica

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,352 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:35 PM

Interesting choice to play Luo. I said before if we didn't trade Luo right away I thought we should use both as starters and just go with whoever was hotter at the moment, so I'm glad to see Luo get the start after that awesome game against the Avs. Even in his previous games he looked awesome. That being said, I would have to think he's on a bit of a short leash. We can't afford to let in any soft goals against one of the hottest teams in the league. It's going to be a good game!

GO, Canucks, GO!!
Go, Canucks, Go!
Every single one of them.

Thanks for the memories, Luo! :'(

#49 Edlerberry

Edlerberry

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:36 PM

Every thread I've seen today there's been a comment by you making stupid comments like this. It's obvious you're trolling, you should just stop because based off the comments (it'd be fine if it was a few times but every thread i've read there's been a comment like this by you) I think you're an idiot now.

Last time I said that he got a goal. Just tryin' to keep the good times ROLLIN
July 7-2013

Toronto will take a step back next year.
Feel free to quote me.

July 8-2013

Wow I can't believe peoples replies...
Im done here. You people are disgusting..

#50 Steve Carell

Steve Carell

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,613 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:37 PM

Both goalies deserve a starting position. Luongo is obviously an elite goalie, and Schneider has paid his dues, and deserves to start for a team. I'm hoping this goalie situation gets resolved soon.

But we can only focus on the now, and right now Luongo will give us a great chance to win.

#51 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:37 PM

All the drama surrounding this organization and it's treatment of it's top prospects...no wonder sports personalities around North America roll their eyes and take shots at this organization.

It may not be the case, but it is starting to look like Cory is getting the Hodgson treatment..."we dont' have room for you while our vets are playing well.

Won't be surprised to see Cory ask for a trade if AV continues down this path.

The only fans happy about this are theo ones who would rather Cory be traded. Just think how that will look on the organization after the last 9 months and also, how this will play out if/when Lu has one of his melt-downs.

This whole scene is becoming an organizational PR nightmare. GOod luck attracting young talent in the future with this Gong show.

Give me a break. Schneider just signed a 12mil deal and that is bad treatment by this organization?

Edited by cmpunk, 31 January 2013 - 01:38 PM.

Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#52 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:38 PM

I must be the only guy that just wants to win. I am not a Luo fan but if he wins im happy.

Edited by Noheart, 31 January 2013 - 01:40 PM.

Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#53 doctorkush

doctorkush

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:39 PM

I'M LOVIN IT Posted Image

#54 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

2x

Edited by Noheart, 31 January 2013 - 01:40 PM.

Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#55 Captain Aerosex

Captain Aerosex

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,619 posts

Schneider went on a far more impressive 3-game streak last season and set franchise records in goaltending stats and still wasn't starter until the playoffs. It's been made clear now that AV doesn't feel we've decided on a starter yet and he's given Lu the chances to make his case. If he puts Schneider in on a whim and he goes on a tear, it's wide-open again. With a replacement back-up now up in the air, it's probably going to be these 2 guys for the rest of the season. And with 2 goalies this talented duking it out all season for the starts, nothing's set in stone.
Posted Image

#56 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:40 PM

Anybody who wants either goalie gone is out to lunch in my opinion. We have the cap space (I think, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) for it so why not? I'm not worried about our forwards situation, not worried about our defence situation, so no reason for more cap space...

Humans confuses me sometimes...

we actually don't I think we're right on it at $70m and it's going down next year. Though teams are allowed to buyout 2 contracts so if we buyout say Booth and Ballard for example that's over 8 million off our cap right there

#57 Jester13

Jester13

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,613 posts

Canucks need to deal with the goalie thing quick!!

Why? because they haven't been pushing each other and going thru this situation before? They're professionals and can handle this, if anything, it's good for both of them and the team.

#58 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,463 posts

Give me a break. Schneider just signed a 12mil deal and that is bad treatment by this organization?

Do you think Schneider signed with the understanding he would be back-up? Traded this season?

#59 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,767 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:42 PM

Well at least we all have something to fight about until the game.

Really, this is probably good, we get one more year of Lou and Cory (best goaltending tandem ever), and it also gives Cory a brief glimpse of what he is in for here. Will just let him deal with the pressure and kind of have a redo on being the starter. Imagine if we had traded Lou and had the start that Cory did, now that could have been bad.
There are things known and unknown ... and in between are the doors.

#60 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,295 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:42 PM

This situation is getting intense. Lu forced AV's hand playing so well..

Schneider can't be happy..

Right, because he's such a horrible teammate and wouldn't wanna do what's best for the team...

I'm glad they're not playing politics, and are making decisions based on winning. Right now Luongo's hot, so you go with the hot goalie. Schneider will get another game soon, where he'll have to earn the crease back. That's the way any good tandem works.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.