The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo to start vs Hawks

Strombone1

All the drama surrounding this organization and it's treatment of it's top prospects...no wonder sports personalities around North America roll their eyes and take shots at this organization.

It may not be the case, but it is starting to look like Cory is getting the Hodgson treatment..."we dont' have room for you while our vets are playing well.

Won't be surprised to see Cory ask for a trade if AV continues down this path.

The only fans happy about this are theo ones who would rather Cory be traded. Just think how that will look on the organization after the last 9 months and also, how this will play out if/when Lu has one of his melt-downs.

This whole scene is becoming an organizational PR nightmare. GOod luck attracting young talent in the future with this Gong show.

Guest Gumballthechewy

I'm happy with either goalie. It's likely that neither's getting traded this season, so the one who's playing the best deserves games. That being said, I'd have preferred to see Cory get more of a chance because it seems like AV jumped back to Luongo pretty quickly. But there's plenty of season for him to wrestle the job back, and you know he'll be determined to do so.

I think we may see better goaltending this season than 2011.

Interesting choice to play Luo. I said before if we didn't trade Luo right away I thought we should use both as starters and just go with whoever was hotter at the moment, so I'm glad to see Luo get the start after that awesome game against the Avs. Even in his previous games he looked awesome. That being said, I would have to think he's on a bit of a short leash. We can't afford to let in any soft goals against one of the hottest teams in the league. It's going to be a good game!

GO, Canucks, GO!!

Every thread I've seen today there's been a comment by you making stupid comments like this. It's obvious you're trolling, you should just stop because based off the comments (it'd be fine if it was a few times but every thread i've read there's been a comment like this by you) I think you're an idiot now.

Both goalies deserve a starting position. Luongo is obviously an elite goalie, and Schneider has paid his dues, and deserves to start for a team. I'm hoping this goalie situation gets resolved soon.

But we can only focus on the now, and right now Luongo will give us a great chance to win.

All the drama surrounding this organization and it's treatment of it's top prospects...no wonder sports personalities around North America roll their eyes and take shots at this organization.

It may not be the case, but it is starting to look like Cory is getting the Hodgson treatment..."we dont' have room for you while our vets are playing well.

Won't be surprised to see Cory ask for a trade if AV continues down this path.

The only fans happy about this are theo ones who would rather Cory be traded. Just think how that will look on the organization after the last 9 months and also, how this will play out if/when Lu has one of his melt-downs.

This whole scene is becoming an organizational PR nightmare. GOod luck attracting young talent in the future with this Gong show.

Anybody who wants either goalie gone is out to lunch in my opinion. We have the cap space (I think, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) for it so why not? I'm not worried about our forwards situation, not worried about our defence situation, so no reason for more cap space...

Humans confuses me sometimes...

Well at least we all have something to fight about until the game.

Really, this is probably good, we get one more year of Lou and Cory (best goaltending tandem ever), and it also gives Cory a brief glimpse of what he is in for here. Will just let him deal with the pressure and kind of have a redo on being the starter. Imagine if we had traded Lou and had the start that Cory did, now that could have been bad.

:picard:

Cory continues to pay for his one bad start. The first game after a long layoff.

This could be a disaster. Not for the upcoming game. But for the club in general. I have confidence in Lu winning the Chicago game, but what does this do to Cory's confidence and his relationship with the Canucks? Is that really worth it? Its not as if Cory wouldn't have the same chance to win in Chicago, this is all on AV and his love of his pets.

I really really hope this is all about showcasing Lu and NOT some kind of reconsideration of who Gillis is going to trade.

Archived