The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How smart are you really ?

Heretic

Nope.....I would like the darkness of the 'ironing' lit up with the light bulb of alleged brilliance.....

il·lu·mi·nate (ibreve.gif-loomacr.gifprime.gifmschwa.gif-namacr.giftlprime.gif)

v. il·lu·mi·nat·ed, il·lu·mi·nat·ing, il·lu·mi·nates

v.tr.

1. To provide or brighten with light.

2. To decorate or hang with lights.

3. To make understandable; clarify: "Cleverly made attacks can . . . serve to illuminate important differences between candidates" (New Republic).

4. To enlighten intellectually or spiritually; enable to understand.

5. To endow with fame or splendor; celebrate.

6. To adorn (a page of a book, for example) with ornamental designs, miniatures, or lettering in brilliant colors or precious metals.

7. To expose to or reveal by radiation.

v.intr.

1. To become lighted; glow.

2. To provide intellectual or spiritual enlightenment and understanding: "Once you decide to titillate instead of illuminate, you're on a slippery slope" (Bill Moyers).

3. To be exposed to or revealed by radiation.

n. (-nibreve.gift)

One who has or professes to have an unusual degree of enlightenment.

:P

He goes on to say I can't form a proper sentence 1 minute after I had already edited my inital post because I missed a k in a word. He says this in a sentence that is lacking proper punctuation (last I checked to form a sentence requires punctuation) and becareful BB you are treading awfully near a personal attack, you know the ones that you are so fond of reporting.

He goes on to say I can't form a proper sentence 1 minute after I had already edited my inital post because I missed a k in a word. He says this in a sentence that is lacking proper punctuation (last I checked to form a sentence requires punctuation) and becareful BB you are treading awfully near a personal attack, you know the ones that you are so fond of reporting.

Correct me if I'm wrong here...and I admit it's been a while since I tutored in Language Arts...but his statement was "Yet you have trouble forming a sentence...." If i'm not mistaken, "yet" is one of those funky words that can be used with or without a comma to begin a sentence. Subject and predicate are both present, with the ellipsis taking the place of a period. That's a sentence.

Scrambling for an answer that fits what has already been said and is ass-covering is rewarded with an extra point. 12/11 for effort.

"I went to Barney's house with the worst case of cotton mouth you could imagine. I scoured the refrigerator with raised expectations. He had a nice stash of vodka, yet there was no beer." The odd thing however is that if I were to use your example, my grammar teacher would shout at me that those two mini sentences need to be a part of one single sentence. I went to Barney's house, yet there was no beer. This topic is indeed stupid, but I won't remember it later anyway. Carry on.

"I went to Barney's house with the worst case of cotton mouth you could imagine. I scoured the refrigerator with raised expectations. He had a nice stash of vodka, yet there was no beer." The odd thing however is that if I were to use your example, my grammar teacher would shout at me that those two mini sentences need to be a part of one single sentence. I went to Barney's house, yet there was no beer. This topic is indeed stupid, but I won't remember it later anyway. Carry on.

Archived