Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

elvis15

[Re-signing] Isles sign defenseman Strait — three years, $2.3 million

23 posts in this topic

Isles sign defenseman Strait — three years, $2.3 million

Just two weeks after claiming Brian Strait off waivers, the New York Islanders have locked up the defenseman with a three-year, $2.3 million contract extension.

Strait, 25, was plucked off waivers from Pittsburgh the day prior to New York’s season-opening loss to New Jersey.

He was immediately thrown into the lineup has has been a presence every since, appearing in all six games thus far while averaging over 18 minutes a night.

Prior to joining the Islanders, Strait appeared in 12 games with the Penguins — who took him in the third round of the 2006 NHL Entry Draft — notching one assist and four penalty minutes.

TSN’s Bob McKenzie notes the average annual value of Strait’s deal with the Isles is $775,000, and it’s a one-way deal.

that contract is better then Edlers. I'm not sure what crack he is smoking, as Streit could have easily gotten a better deal with a different team. Unreal. good job, Garth Snow.

that contract is better then Edlers. I'm not sure what crack he is smoking, as Streit could have easily gotten a better deal with a different team. Unreal. good job, Garth Snow.

Damn! I read that as "Streit".

Strait not Streight

I also heard NYI are close to a deal with Strite, but not doing so well in negotiations with Strayte.

NYI To announce new sponsorship deal with Stride Gum?

Why do you say that, it's not a bad deal. In fact, Pittsburgh fans are calling this an excellent deal for the Isles after loosing him to waivers. They wish they'd sent down another D so as not to lose him to waivers.

Unless of course you're thinking of Mark Streit, then I could see why you're thinking that. This is for Brian Strait though.

I thought it was Streit too lol, I have no idea who this Strait guy is though.