The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Love it or Hate it: Return of the Stingray - 2014 Chevy Corvette

key2thecup

I like it a lot.

I'm not usually big on 'vettes, but this one looks nice. It looks like a corvette because it is one... It has evolved styling, if they completely switched it up people would bitch that it didn't look like a corvette and they were copying some other super car styling. I've loved almost every recent generation of 911, and I love how they've gradually evolved it rather than doing a complete overhaul every 4 years. In my opinion, that's what established car lines should do.

It's about time that they finally threw some led tails and drl's on this car. They're about 5 years behind on that.... Something I never understood.

Nope. Doesn't do anything for me. Never really liked Vette's in the first place.

JoGuitar's pic is the classic and best looking Vette they ever made. The Vette has been schizophrenic car in the first place.

It started as a sporty 2 seat convertible. Then they made it into a muscle car. Ever since the 70's they can't seem to decide if they want to make a US Ferrari or a Muscle car, so it has ingredients of both.

I'd rather save a boatload of money and just pick up

Meh, the Corvette needs a reboot, its become an old man's GT instead if the relatively affordable sports car it once was.

Most Corvette buyers were actually in their 20s at one time. A car that had a base price of about $4000 in its heyday in the '60 and early '70s would only be in the 20 something thousand dollar range today...

Also, being low, wide and reclined is fine for the track but it sucks on the street

It looks well suited to it's target market ::D

For me, it looks too busy and flashy but it certainly looks fast/sporty. I personally prefer cleaner, more refined and less ostentatious styling.

And yes Heretic, it does have LOT of similar styling cues as that Celica which is also too busy and flashy but to the extent where the Corvette looks simply "overdone" but the Celica just looks tacky.

Archived