The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Trades with the Blue Jackets and Islanders

Let me rephrase then if you don't like the term starter (as Mason has been CBJ's starter for some time). How about a quality goalie, evaluated by many in the know to have at least reasonable success in the NHL now that he's been developed by the Canucks.

Anything can happen, but there's no question Schneider is a big upgrade for Columbus as Mason hasn't panned out.

Lubo pouting? no... he has personal issues, last I heard it was something about his son being sick. He was suspended so the Islanders / NHL don't have to pay him but he'll be back in the NHL and playing for the islanders soon, I don't think anyone will hold any grudges for that.

As for Nino, I'm not sure if it's pouting when he was playing amazing in the AHL and wasn't invited to the NHL camp. Nino has a serious compete level as seen in the World Juniors where pretty much won games by himself on the team of Switzerland.

When Vinny Prospal is the only player on your team who cracked 50 points last year, you have a problem. The Jackets goal scoring isn't letting them down, it has performed right up to expectations. Schneider maybe an upgrade in goal but it still does nothing to solve the Jackets offensive woes. They are still a bottom 5 team even with Schneider. Also Schneider has never been a #1 in this league, so the Jackets are certainly assuming some risk in this proposal.

Archived