Canucks Community

[PROPOSAL] VAN - TOR

Caboose

To Toronto:

Cory Schneider

To Vancouver:

Nazem Kadri

Ben Scrivens

This trade fills a need for both teams, Vancouver gets a second line center while Kesler is gone and Kadri will be a staple in their top 6 for years to come, providing them more versatility with their lineup in the future.

Scrivens is not needed in Toronto with this deal, as a Schneider/Reimer duo will be more than adequate to fulfill our goaltending woes in my opinion.

I value Nazem Kadri a lot higher than most of CDC does I believe, but he is near PPG in the AHL, and has 3G 3A so far this year. He is a very opportunistic player and always seems to be in the right place at the right time, which frankly is the perfect player for the Sedins. Kadri is a fearless player and has a wicked shot, but also possesses excellent play making ability which could potentially be useful on a line with Ryan Kesler down the road.

So am I completely wrong here, or am I on to something?

Caboose, value-wise this is fair, actually even tilted in Toronto's favour (they'd definitely have to add a 2nd pick or something equivalent).

But I sincerely can't picture CS leaving after all the smoke around Luongo these last 8 months. I just can't see it. If CS is the one to be moved, Kadri IMO, would be a sweet pick-up, though like you I value him more than most CDCers.

Caboose, value-wise this is fair, actually even tilted in Toronto's favour (they'd definitely have to add a 2nd pick or something equivalent).

But I sincerely can't picture CS leaving after all the smoke around Luongo these last 8 months. I just can't see it. If CS is the one to be moved, Kadri IMO, would be a sweet pick-up, though like you I value him more than most CDCers.

To Toronto:

Cory Schneider

To Vancouver:

Nazem Kadri

Ben Scrivens

This trade fills a need for both teams, Vancouver gets a second line center while Kesler is gone and Kadri will be a staple in their top 6 for years to come, providing them more versatility with their lineup in the future.

Scrivens is not needed in Toronto with this deal, as a Schneider/Reimer duo will be more than adequate to fulfill our goaltending woes in my opinion.

I value Nazem Kadri a lot higher than most of CDC does I believe, but he is near PPG in the AHL, and has 3G 3A so far this year. He is a very opportunistic player and always seems to be in the right place at the right time, which frankly is the perfect player for the Sedins. Kadri is a fearless player and has a wicked shot, but also possesses excellent play making ability which could potentially be useful on a line with Ryan Kesler down the road.

So am I completely wrong here, or am I on to something?

I think TO does too.

I don't think either GM would be ok with this trade Kadri has the Midas touch right now. Gillis has been pretty emphatic that C Schnide won't be moved unless there is a proven elite player coming back. It might be easier to get Kessel as its pretty obvious he doesn't want to be in TO anymore. We have no need for Scrivens Lack and Luo say hi. Gillis can buy a ufa backup without having to give up value in a trade to fill in this season until Lack makes the jump next season as Lacks contract morphs into a one way 2013/2014.

I for one would be 100% for a trade to get Kessel he's an elite RW finisher with speed even on a Wellwood diet. I see Kass being the play maker on the Kes Booth line despite not having an assist with the Canucks this season he has traditionally played the role of set-up man. And what an intimidating line that would be. Meanwhile the Sedins can dish the sause all day long to Kessel.

Trade might look like this

C Schnide Raymond K Con

Kessel Fransens rights + cond 2nd on Fransen signing.

kadri would have to show he can play at a certain level for this entire short season, before id consider kadri oon par with schneider.

Plus I think with Torontos lack of depth at center they would be crazy to move kadri unless it was for another centerman

Archived