The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

John Scott took out Shawn Thornton

CB007

Of course he mocks Scott by saying "Scott averages all of 3:25 a game, he has 1 career goal"

Rather than just accepting that Thornton bit off more than he could chew. And stating in a non-bias fashion that neither player has really any skill and are just there to fight and be an intimidating presence.

Oh well.

Yeah hes so important he almost spent twice as much time sitting in the box than he did actually playing hockey. Hes useless has no hockey sense and can't skate to save his life. Although it was nice to see thornton get smashed.

Lol at the one Sabres fan in the crowd waving his fist in the air and going 'Yaaaa! Yaaaa!'

You could hear it in Edwards' voice. He knew Thornton got messed up bad. '*sniff* No fair!'

I guess the Bruins are off the juice this season.

That being said, this will be the only thing John Scott does all season long.

You got me there he has fought a lot of pure goons, I didn't think he was dumb enough to.. he sure proved me wrong. My point is having a guy like John Scott isn't as important in my eyes because of the fact that when he's NOT fighting he's taking dumb penalties which could end up hurting his team. Also if you watched tonights game he had absolutely NO effect on the Bruins, Lucic was still taking runs at Buffalo's Dmen so tell me what makes him so important?

Sabres won the game didn't they?

Bruins play an intimidation game, and it got thrown right back at their face. Of course Scott isn't going to be winning his team games, but the confidence, assurance and deterrent he brings will have a change on the players playing on both sides.

Plus he won't be taking many penalties because he is on the ice an average of 3 minutes a game :emot-parrot:

To add: Take a look at what Scott does right after KOing Thornton....looks right back up at the Bruins bench with his fingers up. It may seem very primal, but intimidation plays quite a role in the NHL, especially in tough match ups.

Guest Gumballthechewy

Oh my god i didn't know that!! I'm just proving how useless i think players like John Scott are...after the fight he takes a boneheaded elbowing penalty. Also having him dressed didn't stop Lucic from running at Buffalo's defenseman either...we need skilled players who can play a physical game not useless plugs who can only fight.

Archived