The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Israel launches airstrikes in Syria violating international law; May be planning more

key2thecup

Well said. Libya was only started because the west wanted it started. Libya was one of the most advanced countries before the west backed uprising was even started. The country is now screwed.... Same can be said for Iraq. The country was fine before the Americans went in... They had 24/7 power in most areas, clean water, high employment ect ect. Now over 100 000 civilians deaths later and the country is now having daily bombings even after the Americans have left. It's become a claster fak.... All for the control of Oil and footholds in the middle east.

I seriously hope your tongue was firmly planted in your cheek as you wrote that because surely someone wouldn't deliberately write that sort of ignorance into a post while being of serious belief that it is in any way, shape or form, the truth..

Oh please, Iraq was not great before.Saddam executed those who opposed him, Iraq invaded Kuwait and waged war with Iran. Hussein drained areas to deprive some areas of water he used gas on some towns and killed hundreds of thousands. ya ya real utopia.

The vast majority of Iraqis are dirt poor while he lived in billion dollar mansions.

You have a point, but so does Kurtis. Suddamm Hussein did some unbelievably stupid and unheard things. Of course the stuff that he did, is not happening now. But please don't ignore what has happened since the Fall of Hussiein. Radical, extremists have been trying to take over the country. People randomy being executed in their homes. Suicidal bombings apon suicidal bombings, more random acts of murders of people in their homes, and worst, corruption among the government. Iraq is far less organized now then before. It's a F in mess! Much more messed up then before. It really is.

We need to stop thinking that a fall of a dictorship will solve everything! It hasn't solved anything in Iraq, Afghanistan and Lybia. Lybia was one of the best and developing society's in Africa. They were vastly developing, not in like modernization, but the the government really supported the people. I believe they free school etc etc.

Here's my point of view. I do not like seeing people suffer. Just like Lybia. It's worst now then before, and their oil is not even controlled by them anymore. Who is going to help their economy? F in United States? !@#$ them! They don't give 2 craps about these places. Syria is so screwed right now! Being accused of using long range missles? WHAT THE HELL! Whatever the rebels, the idiots of the Western powers believe them! Nato is the new Axis.

Correct me if I am reading this completely wrong but I'm understanding you to infer that these war-torn nations were better off under their dictators. How can you even suggest that seriously? And how in the world do you misspell Libya three times in the same post?

Actually I wonder why when Israel hits a military target, their enemies hit civilian targets. Then people try to justify israeli civilian deaths as being acceptable and expected. You definetly wouldnt read about that here either... but when israel attacks a military target in a rather lawless country suddenly everyone is up in arms. That's what I wonder about. Whatever retaliation comes will just be some more innocent civilian terror. Israel's enemies are too pathetic to hit real targets.

Poor Syria. Go shed some more crocodile tears. As far as I'm concerned any move to rid that area of missiles is a GOOD move. I'm sure Russia is the first in line to uphold international laws. What a joke.

Archived