Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

Israel launches airstrikes in Syria violating international law; May be planning more

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#31 sam13371337

sam13371337

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,810 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:09 PM

It's one thing to criticize the rebels for their actions or point out that there are many jihadist elements within them or even to say that Syria might be worse off under their rule.

You, however, are totally delusional. You are making the case that Assad has offered to step down and given elections. Meanwhile the rebels are just attacking innnocent people in their homes. To portray Assad as some innocent in all of this is just baffling.

for every single statement i made, i said exactly why i came to those conclusions.

in my opinion every single one was rationale, the fact that you refuse to actually dispute the points at the end of it all, and just resort to the general "zomgzz you support dictatorzz" argument is a little pathetic to be honest.

if you want to derail a thread and take attention away from blatant israeli aggression, dont just come in and throw out random statements you made up on your own, and when you get called out and corrected on them; make general statements based on general headlines you saw on CNN and form strong opinions of why mr.random cdc poster (who appears to be an israeli supporter who happen to occupy/be mortal enemies of the syrian nation) / and armed jihadi's should be dictating terms to the syrian government.

and when all your arguments are shattered, resort to a general statement, avoid all the points and run away like a coward.
Fire MG

#32 DarthNinja

DarthNinja

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:41 PM

perhaps you should read the history of the muslim brotherhood in syria. A violent salafi organization that one day started an insurrection in 1 city. Imagine a country wakes up one day, and sees armed salafi islamists (syria's version of the taliban) take an entire city over. Attack police stations and massacre ordinary cops....

The Muslim Brotherhood is not a 'Salafi" organization. It is an organization of mixed methodologies and has developed primarily upon the methodology and ideals of Sayyid Qutub, who most Salafi scholars actually warn against.

Edited by DarthNinja_S19Blade, 01 February 2013 - 06:49 PM.

"Have not those who disbelieve known that the heavens & the earth were joined together as one united piece, then We (Allah) parted them? And We have made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe?" (Qur'an 21:30)

rsz_theylive.jpg 11477626583_2368927097.jpg  7649118508_ce3e8a74a1_o.jpg

"Some even believe we are part of a secret cabal working against the best interests of the United States, characterizing my family and me as 'internationalists' and of conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure--one world, if you will. If that's the charge, I stand guilty, and I am proud of it.” (David Rockefeller)

#33 sam13371337

sam13371337

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,810 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:24 PM

The Muslim Brotherhood is not a 'Salafi" organization. It is an organization of mixed methodologies and has developed primarily upon the methodology and ideals of Sayyid Qutub, who most Salafi scholars actually warn against.

the syrian muslim brotherhood of the 70s/80s is a FAR FAR different animal then the "muslim brotherhood" you see today in egypt,tunisia etc.. the only thing they share in common is name.

back then "muslim brotherhood" was the general name used for a salafi islamist alliance. kind of like how the term "taliban" is used to describe the islamists fighting NATO in afghanistan. They had commited numerous acts of terrorism over the years, their insurrection of hama was just the climax, and the red line for syrian society.

Edited by sam13371337, 01 February 2013 - 07:24 PM.

Fire MG

#34 Dittohead

Dittohead

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,189 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:50 PM

I'm going to agree to an extent with sam.. There's a radical element there that is very dangerous to everybody i think. Who knows what's going on,but in the beginning Assad was defiant and I believe inflamed all of this to where it is now. He is responsible for the state of Syria

Edited by Dittohead, 01 February 2013 - 07:51 PM.

#35 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,360 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:28 PM

I kinda agree with Sam except for the elections thing.

Because the West is siding with the opposition group, everything major thing that happens, is blamed on goverment troops.

LIke like how people are getting massacred in their home, the Universaty bombing, and car / suicide bombs.
These bombings are probably not done by Rebels or the Government forces, but the Jihads themselves, who is using this oppurtunity to join forces with the rebels. They will blend in as Rebels and try to take down the government. Once thats done, they will try to control the country, and establish an Islamic state. All out war will continue, with constant suicide bombings, car bombs etc etc etc. The United States and the rest of the F in probably fully aware of this. Syria will be in more of a mess if the Rebels win . They need to realize that their are taliban. Who the hell sets off car bombs! Why the hell would the army do that? Why the hell will the Rebels do that? Going to be disaster for Syria if they fall.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#36 hudson bay rules

hudson bay rules

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:30 PM

Nuke the hell outa them and turn the whole place into a god forsaken desert that only fanatics will fight over.

Wait................
I love rock and roll, just put another dime in the juice box baby.

#37 kurtis

kurtis

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,397 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:35 PM

Isreal is a joke. Not as big of a joke as the so called FSA.( true the FSA has become infected with extremist) Every day I see new videos of them executing SAA and civilians... If people actually new what was happening they wouldn't be supporting the so called "FSA" Not to mention a huge amount of the FSA aren't even Syrian. They are coming from all over the middle East. Now the West backs them.. But at the same time fight the exact same people in Afghanistan and previously Iraq....

Edited by kurtis, 01 February 2013 - 11:41 PM.

Posted Image

#38 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,360 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:22 AM

Isreal is a joke. Not as big of a joke as the so called FSA.( true the FSA has become infected with extremist) Every day I see new videos of them executing SAA and civilians... If people actually new what was happening they wouldn't be supporting the so called "FSA" Not to mention a huge amount of the FSA aren't even Syrian. They are coming from all over the middle East. Now the West backs them.. But at the same time fight the exact same people in Afghanistan and previously Iraq....

Yup. Sieze the oppurtunity. Cause right now, Syria does not have a "western presence" in the country unlike Iraq and Afghanistan. Cause as far as I know, the "original FSA" is absolutley no match for the Syrian Army. They our out gunned, and out numbered, and have far more power then the FSA. I was shocked as hell, to hear that they've been losing their bases. This is not FSA army, these are fearless Al Qaeda fighters are or Talibans, wanting to establish a Muslim Country. If Syria falls, that country is screwed. As least Iraq and Afghanistan have their own army. Syria wouldn't have any, army, and they wouldn't even have a damn government.

I really don't want to see Syria fall, because of that reason. The people there will suffer more, then before. Just like Lybia. They are a worst country now then they were before.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

#39 kurtis

kurtis

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,397 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:37 AM

Yup. Sieze the oppurtunity. Cause right now, Syria does not have a "western presence" in the country unlike Iraq and Afghanistan. Cause as far as I know, the "original FSA" is absolutley no match for the Syrian Army. They our out gunned, and out numbered, and have far more power then the FSA. I was shocked as hell, to hear that they've been losing their bases. This is not FSA army, these are fearless Al Qaeda fighters are or Talibans, wanting to establish a Muslim Country. If Syria falls, that country is screwed. As least Iraq and Afghanistan have their own army. Syria wouldn't have any, army, and they wouldn't even have a damn government.

I really don't want to see Syria fall, because of that reason. The people there will suffer more, then before. Just like Lybia. They are a worst country now then they were before.

Well said. Libya was only started because the west wanted it started. Libya was one of the most advanced countries before the west backed uprising was even started. The country is now screwed.... Same can be said for Iraq. The country was fine before the Americans went in... They had 24/7 power in most areas, clean water, high employment ect ect. Now over 100 000 civilians deaths later and the country is now having daily bombings even after the Americans have left. It's become a claster fak.... All for the control of Oil and footholds in the middle east.

Edited by kurtis, 02 February 2013 - 02:38 AM.

Posted Image

#40 Dittohead

Dittohead

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,189 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:19 AM

Well said. Libya was only started because the west wanted it started. Libya was one of the most advanced countries before the west backed uprising was even started. The country is now screwed.... Same can be said for Iraq. The country was fine before the Americans went in... They had 24/7 power in most areas, clean water, high employment ect ect. Now over 100 000 civilians deaths later and the country is now having daily bombings even after the Americans have left. It's become a claster fak.... All for the control of Oil and footholds in the middle east.

Oh please, Iraq was not great before.Saddam executed those who opposed him, Iraq invaded Kuwait and waged war with Iran. Hussein drained areas to deprive some areas of water he used gas on some towns and killed hundreds of thousands. ya ya real utopia.
The vast majority of Iraqis are dirt poor while he lived in billion dollar mansions.

#41 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:31 AM

I seriously hope your tongue was firmly planted in your cheek as you wrote that because surely someone wouldn't deliberately write that sort of ignorance into a post while being of serious belief that it is in any way, shape or form, the truth..

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 02 February 2013 - 10:34 AM.

"Sursumredditio" non usquam in hac mea loquantur!

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.....

#42 kurtis

kurtis

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,397 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:20 PM

I seriously hope your tongue was firmly planted in your cheek as you wrote that because surely someone wouldn't deliberately write that sort of ignorance into a post while being of serious belief that it is in any way, shape or form, the truth..

Looks like you get all your news from CNN... You can ask any Iraqi and they will tell you the country was better off pre 2003 then it is now. I had the chance to to travel through most of the middle east before 2003. From what I can tell you, the country was fine. Sure it wasn't perfect, yah but they actually had decent facilities ect. You clearly have no idea what is really going on in the middle east.. Like I said I've had the chance to vist a lot of these countries before a lot of this stuff went down and it's quite sad what we have done to them...

Edited by kurtis, 02 February 2013 - 12:37 PM.

Posted Image

#43 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,360 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:41 PM

Oh please, Iraq was not great before.Saddam executed those who opposed him, Iraq invaded Kuwait and waged war with Iran. Hussein drained areas to deprive some areas of water he used gas on some towns and killed hundreds of thousands. ya ya real utopia.
The vast majority of Iraqis are dirt poor while he lived in billion dollar mansions.

You have a point, but so does Kurtis. Suddamm Hussein did some unbelievably stupid and unheard things. Of course the stuff that he did, is not happening now. But please don't ignore what has happened since the Fall of Hussiein. Radical, extremists have been trying to take over the country. People randomy being executed in their homes. Suicidal bombings apon suicidal bombings, more random acts of murders of people in their homes, and worst, corruption among the government. Iraq is far less organized now then before. It's a F in mess! Much more messed up then before. It really is.

We need to stop thinking that a fall of a dictorship will solve everything! It hasn't solved anything in Iraq, Afghanistan and Lybia. Lybia was one of the best and developing society's in Africa. They were vastly developing, not in like modernization, but the the government really supported the people. I believe they free school etc etc.

Here's my point of view. I do not like seeing people suffer. Just like Lybia. It's worst now then before, and their oil is not even controlled by them anymore. Who is going to help their economy? F in United States? !@#$ them! They don't give 2 craps about these places. Syria is so screwed right now! Being accused of using long range missles? WHAT THE HELL! Whatever the rebels, the idiots of the Western powers believe them! Nato is the new Axis.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

#44 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:04 PM

Looks like you get all your news from CNN...

You are quite incorrect.

You clearly have no idea what is really going on in the middle east..

And neither do you if you haven't traveled there since 2003. End of.

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 02 February 2013 - 01:05 PM.

"Sursumredditio" non usquam in hac mea loquantur!

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.....

#45 Scott Hartnell's Mane

Scott Hartnell's Mane

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:51 PM

You have a point, but so does Kurtis. Suddamm Hussein did some unbelievably stupid and unheard things. Of course the stuff that he did, is not happening now. But please don't ignore what has happened since the Fall of Hussiein. Radical, extremists have been trying to take over the country. People randomy being executed in their homes. Suicidal bombings apon suicidal bombings, more random acts of murders of people in their homes, and worst, corruption among the government. Iraq is far less organized now then before. It's a F in mess! Much more messed up then before. It really is.

We need to stop thinking that a fall of a dictorship will solve everything! It hasn't solved anything in Iraq, Afghanistan and Lybia. Lybia was one of the best and developing society's in Africa. They were vastly developing, not in like modernization, but the the government really supported the people. I believe they free school etc etc.

Here's my point of view. I do not like seeing people suffer. Just like Lybia. It's worst now then before, and their oil is not even controlled by them anymore. Who is going to help their economy? F in United States? !@#$ them! They don't give 2 craps about these places. Syria is so screwed right now! Being accused of using long range missles? WHAT THE HELL! Whatever the rebels, the idiots of the Western powers believe them! Nato is the new Axis.

Correct me if I am reading this completely wrong but I'm understanding you to infer that these war-torn nations were better off under their dictators. How can you even suggest that seriously? And how in the world do you misspell Libya three times in the same post?
Posted Image

View PostScott Hartnell, on 11 June 2013 - 02:11 PM, said:

Well I tell you what Heretic..if Tim Tebow becomes Terry Bradshaw I will shave off all my hair, convert to Christianity, go into the ministry and become a preacher.

#46 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,479 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:58 PM

Correct me if I am reading this completely wrong but I'm understanding you to infer that these war-torn nations were better off under their dictators. How can you even suggest that seriously? And how in the world do you misspell Libya three times in the same post?

Oh sorry .. I thought you meant Labia .. silly me .. :rolleyes:

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#47 Blackberries

Blackberries

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,349 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:10 PM

Is this why the price of gas is up......cause if it is.............................
Posted Image
Movember Kassian

#48 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,486 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:00 PM

Suddenly laws being broken in Syria are a problem. Funny how that works.

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

2.41 season GAA isn't very impressive. Let's not get into playoffs and his SV%.

Cory Schneider is the next Patrick Roy.

#49 key2thecup

key2thecup

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,846 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:17 PM

Dr. Ron Paul 2016!

#50 kurtis

kurtis

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,397 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:51 PM

POPULAR

Really wish we would stop backing Israeli.
Posted Image

#51 Scott Hartnell's Mane

Scott Hartnell's Mane

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:21 PM

Really wish we would stop backing Israeli.

+100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
Posted Image

View PostScott Hartnell, on 11 June 2013 - 02:11 PM, said:

Well I tell you what Heretic..if Tim Tebow becomes Terry Bradshaw I will shave off all my hair, convert to Christianity, go into the ministry and become a preacher.

#52 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:15 PM

[left]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=revylRAYrzc

And people wonder why attacks on Israel keep happening.

Posted Image

#53 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,486 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:56 PM

Actually I wonder why when Israel hits a military target, their enemies hit civilian targets. Then people try to justify israeli civilian deaths as being acceptable and expected. You definetly wouldnt read about that here either... but when israel attacks a military target in a rather lawless country suddenly everyone is up in arms. That's what I wonder about. Whatever retaliation comes will just be some more innocent civilian terror. Israel's enemies are too pathetic to hit real targets.

Poor Syria. Go shed some more crocodile tears. As far as I'm concerned any move to rid that area of missiles is a GOOD move. I'm sure Russia is the first in line to uphold international laws. What a joke.

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

2.41 season GAA isn't very impressive. Let's not get into playoffs and his SV%.

Cory Schneider is the next Patrick Roy.

#54 bolt

bolt

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:02 AM

Actually I wonder why when Israel hits a military target, their enemies hit civilian targets. Then people try to justify israeli civilian deaths as being acceptable and expected. You definetly wouldnt read about that here either... but when israel attacks a military target in a rather lawless country suddenly everyone is up in arms. That's what I wonder about. Whatever retaliation comes will just be some more innocent civilian terror. Israel's enemies are too pathetic to hit real targets.

Poor Syria. Go shed some more crocodile tears. As far as I'm concerned any move to rid that area of missiles is a GOOD move. I'm sure Russia is the first in line to uphold international laws. What a joke.

Yeah but the trucks full of bombs were for peaceful purposes ;) what a tragedy

#55 taxi

taxi

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:16 AM

Suddenly laws being broken in Syria are a problem. Funny how that works.

Haven't you heard, destroying this one military truck is also responsible for destabilizing Syria:

http://www.bbc.co.uk...e-east-21311874

#56 canucks since 77

canucks since 77

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:02 PM

Judging by the Zionist screams of outrage that came out of Washington over the new secretary of state, and secretary of defence, Big brother is going to look a lot less favorably on their further exploits abroad.

Edited by canucks since 77, 05 February 2013 - 08:03 PM.

Politeness is the first step to respect!

#57 canuck_trevor16

canuck_trevor16

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,657 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:04 PM

how about Iran multiple human right abuse and secret nuclear weapon project..........Syria multiple human right abuse.........and they accuse Irasel when they have broken multiple laws.........

One day some of us will look back on the year and look at the chicago, and most of us will realize that it was a small bump in the road to the cup

WIN THE CUP FOR SALO CAMPAIGN

#58 canucks since 77

canucks since 77

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:15 PM

how about Iran multiple human right abuse and secret nuclear weapon project..........Syria multiple human right abuse.........and they accuse Irasel when they have broken multiple laws.........

Another victim of Western media bias.
Politeness is the first step to respect!

#59 Buggernut

Buggernut

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,526 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:32 PM

Another victim of Western media bias.

How about all sides be held to account? What a concept!

#60 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,026 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:22 PM

How about all sides be held to account? What a concept!

Great post mate.

The Real war is not between the east and the west. The real war is between intelligent and stupid people.

Marjane Satrapi

tony-abbott-and-stephen-harper-custom-da

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons that history has to teach.

Aldous Huxley.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.