The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Grand Theft Auto V

JaGuaR

Take it for what it's worth:

For me the sooner the better because this game looks awesome!

GTA V release date confirmed by easter egg

November 3, 2011 By Peter Chubb 112 Comments GTA-V-release-date-confirmed.jpg

Depending on how much weight you put in easter eggs, you could say that the GTA V release date has been confirmed by a little tease in the new Grand Theft Auto V trailer. We cannot be certain of this, but the date could be May 24, 2012, as you can see on our screenshot the sign saying "For Sale 2405."

Those in the US might not have spotted this as a date becasue they do them the opposite way round to what the British do, as Rockstar is a UK company. If this does turn out to be true, then it's very clever on the developer's part. There's no reason to doubt this report from Metro, as April or May is usually when Rockstar like to launch their titles.

There are many people who will disagree and believe that the date is not an easter egg, it's just a coincidence. However, do you believe in coincidences with such a big game like GTA 5? Why would they make a big deal out of those numbers, as it also appears on the pavement as well?

As always Rockstar has remained quiet about the release of their new game, which has certainly sparked off countless rumors as to the setting, whether there will be multiple playable characters and much more – at least the first question has been answered for us.

• 6 months later...

Just realised.

More info is probably not going to be released until E3 in June, including the release date.

Its definitely going to be the biggest thing at the show.

Take it for what it's worth:

For me the sooner the better because this game looks awesome!

GTA V release date confirmed by easter egg

November 3, 2011 By Peter Chubb 112 Comments GTA-V-release-date-confirmed.jpg

Depending on how much weight you put in easter eggs, you could say that the GTA V release date has been confirmed by a little tease in the new Grand Theft Auto V trailer. We cannot be certain of this, but the date could be May 24, 2012, as you can see on our screenshot the sign saying "For Sale 2405."

Those in the US might not have spotted this as a date becasue they do them the opposite way round to what the British do, as Rockstar is a UK company. If this does turn out to be true, then it's very clever on the developer's part. There's no reason to doubt this report from Metro, as April or May is usually when Rockstar like to launch their titles.

There are many people who will disagree and believe that the date is not an easter egg, it's just a coincidence. However, do you believe in coincidences with such a big game like GTA 5? Why would they make a big deal out of those numbers, as it also appears on the pavement as well?

As always Rockstar has remained quiet about the release of their new game, which has certainly sparked off countless rumors as to the setting, whether there will be multiple playable characters and much more – at least the first question has been answered for us.

How'd that work out :lol:

Knew it was a dumb rumour.

Its gonna be October or November most likely.

Cannot wait for this game.

It looks like Rockstar won't be at E3. They never are ever since ''hot coffee''. But this doesn't rule out a possible unveiling of something at E3, may it be a trailer, release date, or anything. Most likely spilled by Microsoft.

Something tells me that, since R* seems to love stealing the thunder, that they will release a trailer or release date a few days before or after E3, throwing a huge shocker over the gaming world that hasn't heard from GTA in 7 months.

E3 is a week away, until then here's a little something if you haven't seen it already:

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=511473

Someone playing max payne 3 stumbled across some photos of the possible flyable aircrafts in GTA V.

Thought it might be interesting seeing the official info for this game has been at a minimum.

So, when is the game going to be released?

I'm gonna say sometime between September and December but nothing official has been released, those are just when big name titles get released.

• 2 weeks later...

Listen close, as life turns it's pages,

Makaveli here kickin' rhymes for the ages.

Seen things in stages,

Wise words spoken by sages,

From SkyTel to Blackberry pagers.

Your crew don't phase us,

We'll make you bustas pay us,

Run up in your spot like C.J. from San Andreas.

It would be sick if the main character in this game had some connection with CJ.

God, CJ was a boss. So much cooler than that russian dude in GTA 4..

(Never played GTA4, so i wouldn't know)

If you haven't played GTA4 then how can you even comment on how cool he is?

CJ was a complete boss, but the GTA4 guy was pretty badass too.

If you haven't played GTA4 then how can you even comment on how cool he is?

CJ was a complete boss, but the GTA4 guy was pretty badass too.

Well i actually played and watched people play a couple missions of GTA4. I played the first like 10 missions, thought it was bland.

Dunno, if i remember correctly the first mission in San Andreas was riding a bike from the airport home, found that more entertaining than any mission i played in GTA4.

All a matter of opinion though.

You guys know its coming for wii u right?

No its not :lol: Any other information released is a rumor. The only thing we actually know about GTA V is the trailer...

Rockstar hasn't released ANY info.

Archived