The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Grand Theft Auto V

JaGuaR

Well i actually played and watched people play a couple missions of GTA4. I played the first like 10 missions, thought it was bland.

Dunno, if i remember correctly the first mission in San Andreas was riding a bike from the airport home, found that more entertaining than any mission i played in GTA4.

All a matter of opinion though.

Well, just because the missions and whatnot were bland in GTA4 doesn't mean Niko Bellic is less badass. The things he does are criminal and he's just as much a badass as CJ.

I found the game a little boring also, and I never finished it either. I played GTA:SA for endless hours and it was a way better game than GTA4.

The argument was that CJ is cooler than Niko.

I can't wait for the next trailer. Rumor is it will be out on the 29th with gameplay and a possible release date in October.

Just read it's possible that it's getting pushed to a Spring 2013 release because of Black Ops 2 being released around the same time in October. I don't care! I don't play Black Ops.

• 4 weeks later...

Nine months later with no new information and I'm still saying the same thing, "hopefully it gets released this year..."

:rolleyes:

Rockstar won't release anything or announce anything until they're 100% sure the game is almost done or done.

Nine months later with no new information and I'm still saying the same thing, "hopefully it gets released this year..."

Same but doubt it... If they don't go next gen with it I really hope its not just a 2.0 but they take full potential of the 360+PS3 platforms.

A couple new screenshots from a Rockstar Q & A article.

actual_1342100505.jpg

actual_1342100533.jpg

“What is going on with GTAV?” – received via Mouthoff

We are very busy working on the game! Everything is going well, but the game is a huge project. We should have more information and some new assets for you soon.

“Why don’t you give us more news?” – received via Mouthoff

As we have said before, we have often had long gaps between asset releases on previous games and will continue to do so in the future. We are sorry if you find this frustrating, but please understand, we don’t do this because we ‘don’t care about our fans' 'don’t respect our fans’ 'hate GTA fans etc' – precisely the opposite! We do it because we want to make sure we only release 100% correct information, and because we want to keep plenty back for the actual game release so there are still lots of surprises when you play it. The only things we care about are that you enjoy the experience of actually playing the game and that we release accurate information. We just have not been in a position to show more of the game than the trailer and will not be for a while yet. We did, however, manage to sneak a quick screenshot out for you… it’s not much, but we thought it was pretty fun.

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/36881/asked-answered-max-payne-3-and-grand-theft-auto-v.html

Archived