The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Grand Theft Auto V

JaGuaR

Don't get me wrong the graphics are amazing just hoping it doesn't turn into another GTA4 remake, hope its more like San Andreas.

I bet it'll be closer to GTA 4. Rockstar have shown a more mature sensibility with their story telling since games like San Andreas. Gta 4, Red Dead and Max Payne all have similar sensibilities. From a narrative standpoint they're also all much better, at least in my humble opinion.

The flip side is that they're one of the few companies that really lets themselves go wild with DLC -- bringing more wild and out there ideas to the table with expansions like Undead Nightmare and Ballad of Gay Tony.

I may be in a minority here but I actually preferred GTA IV to all previous GTA games. I actually didn't finish San Andreas until just before IV came out, while I've played through IV about 3 times plus both DLC's a couple times. Maybe I need to fire up the old PS2 and play though San Andreas again.

It'll be closer to GTA IV. If you want more similar to SA then try Saints Row. I loved SA too but coming from someone who played GTA from the very first one, they are all amazing in their own rights. Imo GTA IV was fantastic and most of the hate it gets is totally unwarranted.

It'll be closer to GTA IV. If you want more similar to SA then try Saints Row. I loved SA too but coming from someone who played GTA from the very first one, they are all amazing in their own rights. Imo GTA IV was fantastic and most of the hate it gets is totally unwarranted.

GTA IV was excellent. And the multiplayer was the most fun I've had outside of EASHL on NHL.

Don't get me wrong the graphics are amazing just hoping it doesn't turn into another GTA4 remake, hope its more like San Andreas.

How could you say it looks disappointing if you think the graphics are amazing? That's all we really know about the game....

You can't really say it looks disappointing, we know nothing.

I can't wait for the next trailer. Rumor is it will be out on the 29th with gameplay and a possible release date in October.

Just read it's possible that it's getting pushed to a Spring 2013 release because of Black Ops 2 being released around the same time in October. I don't care! I don't play Black Ops.

frack Black ops

• 5 weeks later...

Been playing a lot of GTA 4 recently, getting overly excited for this game to come out.

Same dude. Just finished the main storyline now and still got the 2 add-ons to play. Don't know how I got sidetracked, most likey Warcraft, but I have been playing this alot lately.

Been playing a lot of GTA 4 recently, getting overly excited for this game to come out.

When GTA V was announced I was so excited to play it that I went back and played through GTA IV, The Lost and Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony again and got 100% on all 3. I think it's safe to say GTA is my favourite game series by far... lol.

Archived