The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Grand Theft Auto V

JaGuaR

General consensus. The GTA series is one of the most critically acclaimed games of all time, two of which are among the top 10 highest reviewed games ever. I understand not everyone likes sandbox-style games, but everyone needs to recognize that its one of the most celebrated franchises ever for a reason - because its good.

GTA 4 was highly reviewed, but I don't think that made it a great game. To be honest, I think it would be a prime example to use in the "Gaming as i know it is history" thread. It's a pretty good game (Hell, I bought it myself), but it's one that gets praise for things that don't make it a better game. It adds all these little aspects to try to immerse you in it's realism, but they're so tedious that it sucks you right out of the experience. A game with cars, crashes, guns, and sex shouldn't be as boring as it was. I actually still haven't finished it yet.

New big city (or cities). Planes, copters, ships,. But the thing I want most for some odd reason is insanely huge jumps all over the place. the kind that launch you 10 blocks.

EDIT: I liked Vice city a lot more than San Andreas as a setting in general. A much bigger version of Vice City would suit me fine.

I want honest answers regarding GTA 4. You got so tired of grinding out the game that you decided to play, "Most exciting deaths" -- where you find new, unique and hilarious ways to die.. I played this with one of my friends and we had a blast. Can't really do it on any other GTA game because they don't have the body positions and psychics to do so

New big city (or cities). Planes, copters, ships,. But the thing I want most for some odd reason is insanely huge jumps all over the place. the kind that launch you 10 blocks.

EDIT: I liked Vice city a lot more than San Andreas as a setting in general. A much bigger version of Vice City would suit me fine.

Yeah I like Vice city a lot too but mainly because it was in the 80's which was awesome. If it was a Vice City game I would not be disappointed.

@Ranyart: Yes I too did that all the time with my friends. I remember getting the game for my birthday in May and playing just it all through the summer with my buddies and not only doing missions and other stuff but always finding the most epic or hilarious ways to die. Everybody rips on GTA4 but if they take the game graphically and take some of the detailed approach they used for GTA:SA(obviously a step further because it is an older game now) then it could be a really good game.

Archived