Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * - - - 4 votes

Alain Vigneault: A Problem

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

Poll: Alain Vigneault: A Problem (147 member(s) have cast votes)

If the Canucks don't go far into the playoffs this season, will Alain Vigenault get the bum's rush?

1. Yes. He has lost the support of his team and has been woefully irresponsible in airing his dirty laundry. (55 votes [31.98%])

Percentage of vote: 31.98%

2. What? He won the Jack Adams, man! He is AV. He has gotten us to the Stanley Cup Finals! I can't believe you dare question him. (35 votes [20.35%])

Percentage of vote: 20.35%

3. Who's Alain Vigneault? (8 votes [4.65%])

Percentage of vote: 4.65%

4. I propose letting Rick Bowness get the head coach job and Vigneault become assistant coach. (15 votes [8.72%])

Percentage of vote: 8.72%

5. I could really go for a salad right now (59 votes [34.30%])

Percentage of vote: 34.30%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 L'Orange

L'Orange

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:36 AM

POPULAR

What is the issue with Alain Vigneault? Why does he act like such an absolute ass sometimes?

Let's see his great track record of publicly calling his players out and the latest of failing to notify his players of their upcoming games
  • Didn't let Cory Schneider know that he wasn't playing tomorrow. Left his starting goaltender completely in the dark, while playing his "back-up" Roberto Luongo
  • Stated that Roberto Luongo said he needed a fresh start shortly after the playoff exit
  • Stated that Ryan Kesler's injury (the one that required two surgeries) wasn't the reason for his diminished production in 2012
  • Stated he was unconvinced that Daniel Sedin had a concussion after the hit from Keith
  • Saying that Kesler needs to use his linemates more
Now there are more I am sure of it, but these seem to stand out as amazingly stupid things to say to the press in Vancouver which have been ultra critical of the team themselves. I can only assume that Kesler has no respect for Vigneault anymore, and has tuned him out. Vigneault won the Jack Adams, yes, he is no slouch as a coach.

However, his days as an effective coach in this city are behind him. His coaching style has become predictable and he has lost the ears of his team. I fully believe that various players along with Kesler have tuned him out. Can you blame them?

I'm sure there is a contingent of CDCers that would say that the players should man up and do what the coach says, but when your coach happens to call you out in public vs. going the private meeting route, what respect can you have for that behaviour?

I say that he has this season and this season only to keep his job. Yes he was signed on for two years.......but that hasn't stopped coaches from being given the boot.

I hope he makes the most of it and let's his players in on the gameplan. That and he has to stop chewing all the time.
Posted Image

#2 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,566 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:40 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 Vancouver's comeback

Vancouver's comeback

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:42 AM

I have a craving for Chicken McNuggets right now.
#BOSTONSTRONG
Hit first, ask questions second
Posted Image

#4 TLindenIsGod

TLindenIsGod

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:43 AM

The ignorance is strong with this one

#5 L'Orange

L'Orange

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:44 AM

I have a craving for Chicken McNuggets right now.

What sauces? Sweet and Sour? BBQ? Honey Mustard?
Posted Image

#6 L'Orange

L'Orange

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:45 AM

The ignorance is strong with this one

Really insightful. Well done.

Edited by Canuck-a-nuck, 01 February 2013 - 12:47 AM.

Posted Image

#7 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,390 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:53 AM

lol, he totally forgot Daniel was injured last year.

#8 canuck_trevor16

canuck_trevor16

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,657 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:55 AM

:bored: yawn.......

One day some of us will look back on the year and look at the chicago, and most of us will realize that it was a small bump in the road to the cup

WIN THE CUP FOR SALO CAMPAIGN

#9 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:58 AM

He is a guy, I am a guy and I say stupid crap all the time.

Even world leaders slip up and say stupid stuff. Big deal.

He handles the media better than I would.

And how many players want to get the hell out of here when their contract is up?

Do you think guys like Edler are going to take a paycut to play for a coach they don't believe in?

We have a tight group this is not an issue

AV changes his system all the time I can't think of a coach better at adaptation.

He makes mistakes like everyone else on this team but overall he has done a pretty good job.
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#10 Durl Dixsun

Durl Dixsun

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:02 AM

AV is a boss stop hatin.

Posted Image

#11 ajhockey

ajhockey

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,492 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:08 AM

I didn't like any of the answers so I voted for all of them.

14ndb35.jpg
Credit to -Vintage Canuck- for the awesome sig!

"Gino, Gino, Gino, Gino!"
Rest In Peace, Rypien, Demitra, and Bourdon

#12 Armada

Armada

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,066 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:08 AM

I love AV.

Best coach we've ever had.

Sure he's not the best coach in the league but he's still one of the better coaches and that Jack Adams proved that.

Edited by Armada, 01 February 2013 - 01:09 AM.

Posted Image
______________Eat, Sleep,Posted ImageRave, Repeat

#13 Tragoedia

Tragoedia

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:19 AM

As with the majority of everyone else, I went with salad. I don't even like salad, but it was better than the rest of the options you gave!

And by majority I mean 34% of people.

Edited by Tragoedia, 01 February 2013 - 01:20 AM.

#14 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,614 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:21 AM

They gave him the Jack Adams so that Vancouver would keep him.

It's part of the conspiracy to keep us from ever getting the Cup.

#15 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:22 AM

this thread: a waste of time

#16 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:14 AM

Fans need to realize, the Canucks are shopping Luongo and he has accepted his fate, but this does not mean all of a sudden his role is diminished and just becomes the "back up" after being the sole starter for 7 years. Fans honestly thought Roberto Luongo would sit on the bench like a regular back up and play 1 game every 3-4 weeks. It's is freakin Roberto Luongo we are talking about, not Curtis Sanford.

Until Lu is gone, he will play as long as he is playing well and same goes for Schneider. Once or if Luongo leaves, then we can say Schneider is our starter without question.

The Canucks or AV have not said Cory is the new number 1. They have simply implied they will move forward with Schneider and will try to move Lu for the right deal.

Edited by cmpunk, 01 February 2013 - 02:18 AM.

Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#17 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,342 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:16 AM

The one thing I like about AV is the way he handles the media.

Aside from that I think he should go.

(But I do like that about him)

zackass.png

#18 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,498 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:17 AM

I like pie

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#19 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,499 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:50 AM

POPULAR

What is the issue with Alain Vigneault? Why does he act like such an absolute ass sometimes?

Let's see his great track record of publicly calling his players out and the latest of failing to notify his players of their upcoming games

• Didn't let Cory Schneider know that he wasn't playing tomorrow. Left his starting goaltender completely in the dark, while playing his "back-up" Roberto Luongo
  • Stated that Roberto Luongo said he needed a fresh start shortly after the playoff exit
  • Stated that Ryan Kesler's injury (the one that required two surgeries) wasn't the reason for his diminished production in 2012
  • Stated he was unconvinced that Daniel Sedin had a concussion after the hit from Keith
Now there are more I am sure of it, but these seem to stand out as amazingly stupid things to say to the press in Vancouver which have been ultra critical of the team themselves. I can only assume that Kesler has no respect for Vigneault anymore, and has tuned him out. Vigneault won the Jack Adams, yes, he is no slouch as a coach.

However, his days as an effective coach in this city are behind him. His coaching style has become predictable and he has lost the ears of his team. I fully believe that various players along with Kesler have tuned him out. Can you blame them?

I'm sure there is a contingent of CDCers that would say that the players should man up and do what the coach says, but when your coach happens to call you out in public vs. going the private meeting route, what respect can you have for that behaviour?

I say that he has this season and this season only to keep his job. Yes he was signed on for two years.......but that hasn't stopped coaches from being given the boot.

I hope he makes the most of it and let's his players in on the gameplan. That and he has to stop chewing all the time.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#20 kacvan

kacvan

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:16 AM

I am begining to think he is becoming a problem but not yet. OP you could add to your list of reason why AV is a bad coach he also does not like rookies.
Posted Image

Keep The Faith The Canucks Will Win!!

#21 BedBeats™2.0

BedBeats™2.0

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,310 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:34 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Henrik breaking records.Kes approving.

#22 BedBeats™2.0

BedBeats™2.0

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,310 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:40 AM

I am begining to think he is becoming a problem but not yet. OP you could add to your list of reason why AV is a bad coach he also does not like rookies.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Henrik breaking records.Kes approving.

#23 Kesler's Nose

Kesler's Nose

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:40 AM

Haha I spit on your salad! AV, I hope we get to see him crack up again this year... So funny when he can't stop laughing. ^_^

"It's an opportunity, we don't look at it as a last chance... We look at it as an opportunity to do something great. We are going to take it period by period, shift by shift. You just have to be better than the guy across from you... Every guy in this locker room I can say believes we can do this." - Ryan Kesler

Posted Image

#24 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:28 AM

Firstly, are there sources for ALL of these points.
I know the last one was reported and if he said it I would have to agree, Kesler needed to pass more. It was maybe a psychological kick up the behind to get him "passing"

Secondly, it is hard to fault AV entirely, after all he took us to another PC, despite getting little or nothing from MG with regard to our obvious needs. I think he might have expected more there.

Thirdly, where is his replacement just now and is he available. Maybe MG likes AV BECAUSE he doesn't complain when he /MG doesn't give him more muscle or a bigger intimidating D for now rather than 1,2,3 years down the road.

One thing I would take exception to just now though and I am not sure if he is entirely responsible but I think we should be playing Cory on an almost nightly basis. We know what Lu can do night after night, we only think we know what Cory can do. This could really come back to bite us.

It appears to me watching GCL that there are a number of teams who could use a great goalie like Lu and we are liable to wake up one morning and find he is gone.............and then find out we kept the wrong one.

Edited by Bodee, 01 February 2013 - 09:46 AM.

Kevin.jpg

#25 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,238 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:12 AM

POPULAR

Big freakin' deal. Some decisions are made at game time.

Didn't Lou pretty much say that himself when he said to the press he was willing to waive his NTC?

Kesler did need to use his line mates more. We already knew that. Had he used his line mates his production would have been better. The two are rather connected.

You'll have to prove that one to me. The first time anybody from the team said anything about Daniels injury was AV confirming he had a concussion. Prior to that it was the typical "upper body injury".
http://www.cbc.ca/sp...concussion.html

In summary:
Big deal
AV Spoke the truth
AV Spoke the truth
You got it wrong

I'd say AV is doing better than you. In fact, I'd say you're clutching at straws simply to complain about AV for the pure sake of complaining.
Posted Image

#26 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:37 AM

Mmmm, spinach salad.......fruit salad.....Caesar salad.....carrot salad.......broccoli salad.... but not egg salad.......

I cannot agree with your opinion, OP......in fact I find it a tad face-palm-worthy but don't want to waste my self-imposed allotted single FPW face palm of the day...sadly,, this being CDC, I'm sure there will be another thread that will edge this one off the top of the face-palm-worthy. list PDQ..

"Sursumredditio" non usquam in hac mea loquantur!

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.....

#27 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,123 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:47 AM

At this point, considering the goalie situation into the whole equation involving MGs decisions. I'd say its more on MG.
Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

#28 pwnstar

pwnstar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,311 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:45 AM

Honestly sick of all this calamity. Last season, he did the same thing and was praised, now he's getting the luongo treatment?

Posted Image

#29 Forsy

Forsy

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:09 AM

What sauces? Sweet and Sour? BBQ? Honey Mustard?

HOT MUSTARD

#30 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:12 AM

I JUST made an AV thread with a poll that all the other AV threads got merged into...
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

http://forum.canucks...in-this-change/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.